|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Norman go on a date with in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 13"?
2. What is located on the landing on the staircase in Phillipa's building?
3. What does Norman do when he returns to his hotel in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 6"?
4. What does Hilda destroy in "Book 2, An Order of Release, Chapter 19"?
5. What does Philippa write and have published?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary die?
2. Why does Mary become frightened in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 7", and what does this cause to happen?
3. Discuss the fight between Maurice and Hilda in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 19".
4. Discuss Hilda's job.
5. What does Norman learn when visiting Mary and Philippa's flat, and what does he do?
6. What does Philippa do about Mary's death?
7. Discuss the jobs that Philippa and Mary get.
8. What does Philippa learn from Maurice when she goes to Caldecote Terrace in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 8"?
9. Discuss the gift that Mary gives Philippa.
10. Discuss the telephone conversation between Hilda and Gabriel in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 3"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Philippa and Mary Ducton and the role it plays in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the usage of setting in the novel and the positive and negative effects it causes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel and the reasons why this novel falls into this particular genre.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)