|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippa intend to steal in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 8"?
2. Who do Philippa and Mary run into in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 2"?
3. What childhood injury did Philippa suffer?
4. What does Hilda destroy in "Book 2, An Order of Release, Chapter 19"?
5. When the epilogue occurs, how many year(s) have gone by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Violet Tetley?
2. Who visits Philippa and Mary's flat in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 7" and what happens during the visit?
3. What occurs when Philippa goes to Caldecote Terrace in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 8"?
4. What does Norman intend to steal and why?
5. What does Norman discover about Mary in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 1"?
6. Describe Norman's visit to Philippa and Mary's flat.
7. Discuss the telephone conversation between Hilda and Gabriel in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 3"?
8. What happens at Regent Park in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 15"?
9. What does Norman learn when visiting Mary and Philippa's flat, and what does he do?
10. Discuss the confrontation Philippa has with Mary in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 9"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of death in the novel and the reasons for its occurrence.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the usage of setting in the novel and the positive and negative effects it causes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel and the reasons why this novel falls into this particular genre.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)