|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hilda feel too much compassion for?
2. Who is Philippa rude to in "Book 2, An Order of Release, Chapter 11"?
3. Who does Philippa call to help her with Mary's death?
4. Who plans to marry Violet?
5. What did Maurice notice about Philippa when she was little?
Short Essay Questions
1. What grows for Norman as he continues to follow Mary?
2. What does Norman learn when visiting Mary and Philippa's flat, and what does he do?
3. What does Philippa find when walking into her flat in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 12"?
4. What does Norman learn while watching the house on Caldecote Terrace?
5. Discuss the telephone conversation between Hilda and Gabriel in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 3"?
6. How does Norman find Philippa and Mary's flat?
7. What does Norman intend to steal and why?
8. Discuss the fight between Maurice and Hilda in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 19".
9. What occurs at the Royal Academy?
10. Who visits Philippa and Mary's flat in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 7" and what happens during the visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of death in the novel and the reasons for its occurrence.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the usage of parenting in the novel and the pro's and con's it has on the story, as well as characters in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the positive and negative effects the organization has on the story, as well as readers.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)