|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sets of keys does Norman make copies of?
2. Who does Gabriel call in order to find Philippa's address?
3. What do Philippa and Mary never discuss?
4. Who gives Philippa a gift in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 7"?
5. What does Philippa learn her birth name is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norman learn when visiting Mary and Philippa's flat, and what does he do?
2. What occurs when Philippa goes to Caldecote Terrace in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 8"?
3. What does Philippa do about Mary's death?
4. What does Norman learn while watching the house on Caldecote Terrace?
5. What does Philippa learn from Maurice when she goes to Caldecote Terrace in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 8"?
6. Who is Violet Tetley?
7. Discuss the fight between Maurice and Hilda in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 19".
8. Discuss Maurice's involvement in Mary's death.
9. What does Philippa find when walking into her flat in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 12"?
10. How does Norman find Philippa and Mary's flat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motives and motivations of Philippa and the role they play in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of crime in the novel and the effects it has on the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the usage of character descriptions in the novel and whether they provide positive or negative results.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)