|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forces entry into Mary and Philippa's flat in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 7"?
2. Who watches the house on Caldecote Terrace?
3. What is the greengrocer doing while his keys are stolen?
4. Who do Philippa and Mary run into in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 2"?
5. Who could not handle Philippa when she was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Philippa and Mary's flat in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 7" and what happens during the visit?
2. What does Norman intend to steal and why?
3. What grows for Norman as he continues to follow Mary?
4. What occurs when Philippa goes to Caldecote Terrace in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 8"?
5. What does Philippa find at Mary's death scene?
6. What does Norman discover about Mary in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 1"?
7. Discuss the fight between Maurice and Hilda in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 19".
8. Discuss Hilda's job.
9. Discuss the confrontation Philippa has with Mary in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 9"?
10. Who is Violet Tetley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motives and motivations of Philippa and the role they play in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Maurice and Hilda and the effects their relationship have on Philippa.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the plot of the story and the importance of having a clear and understandable plot.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)