|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Philippa a gift in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 7"?
2. Who could not handle Philippa when she was a child?
3. What does Philippa write and have published?
4. Who is Philippa rude to in "Book 2, An Order of Release, Chapter 11"?
5. What does Hilda destroy in "Book 2, An Order of Release, Chapter 19"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Norman's visit to Philippa and Mary's flat.
2. Discuss Hilda's job.
3. Why does Mary become frightened in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 7", and what does this cause to happen?
4. What occurs at the Royal Academy?
5. Who is Violet Tetley?
6. Discuss the telephone conversation between Hilda and Gabriel in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 3"?
7. Who visits Philippa and Mary's flat in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 7" and what happens during the visit?
8. What occurs when Philippa goes to Caldecote Terrace in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 8"?
9. What does Philippa find at Mary's death scene?
10. What happens at Regent Park in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 15"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the idea of a second chance and the effect this has on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the usage of setting in the novel and the positive and negative effects it causes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel and the reasons why this novel falls into this particular genre.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)