|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sets of keys does Norman make copies of?
2. What is Philippa's pen name?
3. Who deals with the police in "Book 4, Epilogue at Evensong: Chapter 12"?
4. What does Norman decide to steal in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 4"?
5. Who admits he cannot have children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Hilda's job.
2. What happens at Regent Park in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 15"?
3. What grows for Norman as he continues to follow Mary?
4. Discuss the confrontation Philippa has with Mary in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 9"?
5. Discuss the events that lead to Norman's theft.
6. Discuss the fight between Maurice and Hilda in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 19".
7. What does Philippa learn from Maurice when she goes to Caldecote Terrace in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 8"?
8. What occurs when Philippa goes to Caldecote Terrace in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 8"?
9. What does Philippa do about Mary's death?
10. Discuss the jobs that Philippa and Mary get.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of revenge and the role it plays in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the relationship between Philippa and Mary Ducton and the role it plays in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Maurice and Hilda and the effects their relationship have on Philippa.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)