|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mary and Philippa do with Mary's prison belongings?
2. Who is Philippa verbally abusive to?
3. Who traces subway routes on a map in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 2"?
4. How old is Philippa when she is adopted?
5. How many districts does Norman narrow the destination of Mary down to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Philippa go to see a social worker?
2. Discuss Philippa's trip to visit her biological parents.
3. What happens when Norman first goes to York station?
4. Discuss Philippa's adoption.
5. Who is Philippa's adoptive father?
6. What does Philippa announce in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 4"?
7. Discuss the visit Norman has with Eli Watkin.
8. Discuss Maurice's marriage to Hilda.
9. What occurs after the dinner party Philippa attends is over?
10. Discuss Maurice's marriage to Helena.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of revenge and the role it plays in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the idea of wealthy and poor in the novel. Include the effects this has on certain characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Maurice and Hilda and the effects their relationship have on Philippa.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)