|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maurice tell Philippa is going to be released from prison?
2. When Philippa returns home after visiting Mary, who does she inform that she intends to look for a flat the following day?
3. Who traces subway routes on a map in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 2"?
4. What does Hilda lack when answering Philippa's questions?
5. Where does Norman travel in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 15"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norman learn when following Philippa and Mary?
2. Discuss how Philippa finds a flat to rent.
3. What happens when Philippa speaks with Mary Ducton in prison?
4. Discuss the murder plan of Norman and Mavin Scase.
5. How does Norman find Hilda?
6. Who is Norman Scase and what does he celebrate in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 8"?
7. Why does Philippa go to see a social worker?
8. What happens on Philippa's trip to Melcombe?
9. Discuss the visit Norman has with Eli Watkin.
10. Discuss the death of Julie Scase.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Philippa and her adoptive parents.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the idea of wealthy and poor in the novel. Include the effects this has on certain characters.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast and the relationship between Philippa and her adoptive parents with that of her biological parents.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)