|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary agree to go after her release from prison?
2. Who is Helena the daughter of?
3. Where does Philippa travel in order to visit her biological mother?
4. Where does Philippa wait in order to see her biological mother?
5. What does Eli give Norman in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 12"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Philippa speaks with Mary Ducton in prison?
2. What happens at the dinner party Philippa attends?
3. What happens when Philippa arrives at the prison to visit Mary Ducton?
4. Discuss the visit Norman has with Eli Watkin.
5. Why does Norman go visit a private detective?
6. Discuss the murder plan of Norman and Mavin Scase.
7. Who is Norman Scase and what does he celebrate in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 8"?
8. Discuss Maurice's marriage to Helena.
9. What does Norman learn when following Philippa and Mary?
10. What does Philippa learn from Maurice about her biological parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motives and motivations of Philippa and the role they play in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of revenge and the role it plays in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Maurice and Hilda and the effects their relationship have on Philippa.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)