|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippa feel like when around her adoptive father?
2. What does Norman Scase celebrate in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 8"?
3. Who likes Philippa's flat?
4. Where does Philippa plan to live in London?
5. Why does Philippa file under a new law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the dinner party Philippa attends?
2. What does Philippa do during the weeks before Mary's release from prison?
3. What does Philippa announce in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 4"?
4. Discuss Norman's travels to Brighton.
5. While growing up, what is Philippa told about her biological parents?
6. Discuss Philippa's trip to visit her biological parents.
7. What does Norman learn when following Philippa and Mary?
8. Discuss the death of Julie Scase.
9. What does Philippa learn when she goes to visit her biological parents?
10. Discuss Maurice's marriage to Helena.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the usage of character descriptions in the novel and whether they provide positive or negative results.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the positive and negative effects the organization has on the story, as well as readers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the idea of a second chance and the effect this has on the story.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)