|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Philippa and Mary go in order to get money?
(a) A loan office.
(b) Mary's grandmother.
(c) Caldecote Terrace.
(d) The bank.
2. Who walks in on Maurice having an affair with a young woman?
3. Where does Norman hang out in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 5"?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The laundromat.
(c) A book store.
(d) A gas station.
4. Who do Philippa and Mary run into in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 2"?
(b) Philippa's social worker.
(c) Gabriel Lomas.
(d) Mary's social worker.
5. Who hopes they have a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located on the landing on the staircase in Phillipa's building?
2. What does Philippa notice about the murder scene in "Book 4, Epilogue at Evensong: Chapter 12"?
3. Who works as a telephone operator at a hotel?
4. What will take Norman several days to do?
5. What does Norman do when he returns to his hotel in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 6"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Maurice's involvement in Mary's death.
2. Discuss Hilda's job.
3. Who visits Philippa and Mary's flat in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 7" and what happens during the visit?
4. What does Norman learn while watching the house on Caldecote Terrace?
5. What does Norman intend to steal and why?
6. Discuss the fight between Maurice and Hilda in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 19".
7. What does Norman learn when visiting Mary and Philippa's flat, and what does he do?
8. What grows for Norman as he continues to follow Mary?
9. What does Norman discover about Mary in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 1"?
10. What does Philippa learn from Maurice when she goes to Caldecote Terrace in "Book 3, Act of Violence: Chapter 8"?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)