|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Philippa have dinner with in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 5"?
(a) Her family.
(b) Maurice's colleague.
(c) Hilda's mother.
(d) Her cousin.
2. Who does Philippa visit in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 1"?
(a) Her adoptive mother.
(b) A social worker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Her adoptive father.
3. How old is Philippa when she is adopted?
4. What does Norman plan to do with his belongings when he moves?
(a) Keep them.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Forget about them.
(d) Burn them.
5. Where does Norman travel in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 1"?
(a) York station.
(b) London station.
(c) Bolton station.
(d) Cambridge station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Maurice and Hilda tell Phillipa is the reason for not telling her who her birth parents are?
2. What does Philippa offer the real estate agent she sees?
3. What does Philippa have very few of, involving her life before her adoption?
4. What is Philippa surprised to remember in "Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapter 2"?
5. Who does Norman assume has not left London in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 3"?
Short Essay Questions
1. While growing up, what is Philippa told about her biological parents?
2. Why does Philippa go to see a social worker?
3. What happens at the dinner party Philippa attends?
4. Discuss Philippa's adoption.
5. Who is Philippa's adoptive father?
6. What happens in King's station?
7. What does Philippa do during the weeks before Mary's release from prison?
8. What does Norman learn when following Philippa and Mary?
9. Discuss the manuscript that Mary gives Philippa.
10. Discuss the visit Norman has with Eli Watkin.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)