|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greengrocer doing while his keys are stolen?
(a) Speaking with a customer.
(b) Stocking shelves.
(c) Reaching for a bunch of bananas.
(d) Talking on the telephone.
2. What does Norman do while waiting to exit Philippa's building?
(a) Makes a rope.
(b) Sharpens a knife.
(c) Falls asleep.
3. Who arrives at Philippa and Mary's flat in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 7"?
(b) A social worker.
(c) A reporter.
4. What is given to Philippa as a gift in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 7"?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A book.
(d) A tunic.
5. What does Philippa use to break the lock on her door?
(a) Her hands.
(b) A chisel.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A hammer.
6. Where do Philippa and Mary go in order to get money?
(a) Mary's grandmother.
(b) The bank.
(c) Caldecote Terrace.
(d) A loan office.
7. Who walks in on Maurice having an affair with a young woman?
8. What does Norman do when he returns to his hotel in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 6"?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Writes a letter to his dead wife.
(c) Kills Mary.
(d) Finalizes his plans.
9. Who does Norman decide to steel from in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 4"?
(a) The greengrocer.
(c) His mother.
(d) The bank.
10. What is Philippa's pen name?
(a) Rose Ducton.
(b) Philippa Rose.
(c) Rose Palfrey.
(d) Philippa Ducton.
11. What is learned about the house on Caldecote Terrace?
(a) Hilda's job.
(b) Maurice's job.
(c) Who the residents are.
(d) The residents' routines.
12. Where does Philippa take Mary in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 2"?
(a) The Kingship Gallery.
(b) The Hunt Gallery.
(c) Royal Academy.
(d) Queens Academy.
13. What does Philippa regret letting go of in exchange for truth?
(a) Her curiosity.
(b) Her hope.
(c) Her fantasies.
(d) Her innocence.
14. What did Maurice notice about Philippa when she was little?
(a) Her lack of ability to listen.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her ability to write backwards.
15. What does Norman learn does not work as it should?
(a) The door to Mary's flat.
(b) The copies of the keys he makes.
(c) The elevator in Mary's flat.
(d) The gun he buys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works as a telephone operator at a hotel?
2. Who works at the Inner London Juvenile Court?
3. How long does Norman follow Hilda?
4. Who does Philippa threaten in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 7"?
5. What do Philippa and Mary do during their morning routine?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)