|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hopes to have 'a chance at a second chance'?
2. What does Philippa intend to steal in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 8"?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) Silver caddy spoons.
(c) A painting.
(d) A pearl necklace.
3. What does Philippa write and have published?
(a) A magazine article.
(b) A research paper.
(c) A novel.
(d) A newspaper article.
4. Who does Norman realize is not a maid?
5. Who plans to marry Violet?
6. Who takes the blame for Mary's death?
7. What does Philippa use to break the lock on her door?
(a) Her hands.
(b) A chisel.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A hammer.
8. Where do Philippa and Mary go in order to get money?
(a) Mary's grandmother.
(b) Caldecote Terrace.
(c) A loan office.
(d) The bank.
9. Who ruins Norman's plans to kill Mary?
(a) The police.
(d) Eli Watkin.
10. Who hides in the hallway between the greengrocer and the stairway in the building where Philippa and Mary live?
11. Where does Norman hang out in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 5"?
(a) A gas station.
(b) The laundromat.
(c) A book store.
(d) A restaurant.
12. Who notices Norman at Regent Park?
13. Who could not handle Philippa when she was a child?
(a) The adoption agency.
14. What do Philippa and Mary do during their nightly routine?
(a) They cook dinner for each other.
(b) They work.
(c) They watch movies.
(d) They host parties.
15. Who hopes they have a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Philippa and Maurice discuss in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 8"?
2. Who does Norman go on a date with in "Book 2, An Order of Release: Chapter 13"?
3. Who does Philippa intend to steal from in "Book 3, Acts of Violence: Chapter 8"?
4. Who threatens to tell police that their home is broken into?
5. What is Philippa's pen name?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)