Book 1, Proof of Identity: Chapters 1-3
• Philippa Palfrey is adopted at the age of 8.
• Philippa has few memories about her life before her adoption.
• Philippa fantasizes about her biological parents.
• Philippa visits a social worker to petition to get her original birth certificate; she wants to learn the true identity of her birth parents.
• Philippa receives her birth certificate.
• Philippa realizes her biological parents are married when she is born; she is told otherwise during her life.
• Philippa travels to visit her biological parents; they no longer live at the address she visits.
• Philippa learns that Martin Ducton died in prison and Mary is still in jail serving a life sentence for the rape and murder of Julia Scase.
• Maurice thinks about his past while he is at work.
• Maurice discusses his marriage to Helda who seduced and married him while aware she was pregnant with another man's...
This section contains 1,525 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)