|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dustfinger insist he and Resa cannot take Meggie when they make their escape?
2. What plant grows near the door to Basta's house that is supposed to ward off evil?
3. Why does Fenoglio tell Meggie not to try to escape in chapter 38?
4. Where are the executions to take place?
5. Where does Meggie and her father chose to live in chapter 59?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Meggie read the passage in Peter Pan that features Tinker Bell? What happens?
2. How does Farid explain away the gunshots in the night that Mo and Elinor heard while waiting for Farid to return from the village?
3. What does Meggie try to tell Dustfinger in chapter 49 that she is unable to convey due to Basta's presence?
4. Where does Meggie decide to hide the paper with the new passage the author has written for her to read at the execution?
5. Who is Resa? Why does Dustfinger remark that the only time you can hear her voice is when she laughs?
6. Why do Capricorn's remaining men run away in chapter 57?
7. What does Mo find in the hiding place that Farid leads him to in chapter 51?
8. What words does Meggie read in chapter 56 that cause The Shadow that she reads out of Inkheart to be altered from the one originally written?
9. What does Meggie see in the seconds before she falls asleep in chapter 57?
10. What does Elinor do in chapter 47 when Mo and Farid do not return to their rendezvous point at planned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in detail, using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 2
Who is Darius? What does Darius do? What is wrong with what Darius does? What connection does this have to Capricorn? To Mo? Why does Capricorn employ Darius? What does Capricorn want from Darius? What is the first thing Capricorn has Mo do? What does this say about Darius' continuing work with Capricorn? How does Capricorn later help Meggie? Why? On whose side is Darius?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Resa? What is wrong with her? How does Dustfinger know her? What is the nature of their relationship? Does Resa know that she was from our world before she was transported to Inkheart? How did Resa leave Inkheart? What does Meggie think the first time she sees her? What does Mo think when he sees a picture of Resa from Dustfinger's backpack? What happens to Resa at the end of the novel? How does this resolve part of the conflict that has existed since the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)