|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings breakfast to Meggie and Fenoglio in chapter 42?
2. What do the maids of Capricorn's village think Meggie is?
3. Why does Dustfinger say Capricorn often moves around from place to place?
4. How does Fenoglio distract Mortola and Capricorn so that Meggie can slip his pages out of her sleeve in chapter 56?
5. In chapter 47, who does Elinor run into as she makes her way into Capricorn's village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story in chapter 46 does the author compare to what he has in mind to trick Capricorn at the execution?
2. What does Meggie see in the seconds before she falls asleep in chapter 57?
3. What language does Mo write a note in for Meggie in chapter 42? Why has he chosen this language?
4. Why do Capricorn's remaining men run away in chapter 57?
5. In chapter 39, how does Capricorn explain his choice of punishments for Dustfinger and Resa?
6. How does Farid explain away the gunshots in the night that Mo and Elinor heard while waiting for Farid to return from the village?
7. How does Dustfinger feel about Farid following him around in chapter 31?
8. What condition does Basta give in chapter 45 when he agrees to give the author pen and paper?
9. What does Meggie try to tell Dustfinger in chapter 49 that she is unable to convey due to Basta's presence?
10. What does Elinor do in chapter 47 when Mo and Farid do not return to their rendezvous point at planned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Resa? What is wrong with her? How does Dustfinger know her? What is the nature of their relationship? Does Resa know that she was from our world before she was transported to Inkheart? How did Resa leave Inkheart? What does Meggie think the first time she sees her? What does Mo think when he sees a picture of Resa from Dustfinger's backpack? What happens to Resa at the end of the novel? How does this resolve part of the conflict that has existed since the beginning of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in detail, using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 3
How do Mo, Meggie, and Elinor escape from Capricorn's village? Who follows them? For what reason? Why does Mo feel that he needs to find another copy of Inkheart? Where does he go to achieve this? Why does Dustfinger agree to go with Mo, but makes Mo promise not to tell anyone who he is? What does this stranger tell Mo about Dustfinger's fate in Inkheart? How does Meggie react to this? What does Meggie tell Dustfinger about this? How does this impact Dustfinger and his future actions?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)