|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meggie plan to get Mo back, as explained in chapter 10?
2. Who seems to be missing from Capricorn's village?
3. What keeps Meggie from chasing after Mo and Capricorn's men initially in chapter 6?
4. What doubts plague Meggie in chapter 9 as she prepares to go in search of Mo?
5. What does the stranger who comes to Meggie and Mo's house in chapter 1 call Mo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mo say in chapter 16 when Meggie asks if her mother will like living inside Inkheart?
2. What was Elinor's father like? What does this say about Elinor herself?
3. In chapter 16, Mo tells Meggie and Elinor what happened the night he read Inkheart aloud to his wife and daughter. How did Mo try to return Capricorn and Basta to the book before finally driving them out of the house with a sword?
4. In chapter 24, why does the author say he did not kill off Basta and Capricorn in his book?
5. What does Dustfinger attempt to learn about the book, Inkheart, but fails to find out?
6. In chapter 19, what does Mo tell Meggie to help soothe her fear and to help her sleep?
7. Whose picture does Meggie see in the book Mo gives to Elinor in chapter 5? Who does she ask about it?
8. What does Mo tell Meggie in chapter 22 that people often do not think about when it comes to books?
9. Why is Elinor not happy to see Meggie at her front door?
10. Why does Meggie tell Dustfinger in chapter 26 that he must never go back inside Inkheart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the book, dozens of mythical creatures appear. Where do they come from? For what reason? Where do some of these creatures decide to go? What role does Elinor play in their lives? Where do some of them go? Where does Tinker Bell decide to go? Where do Mo and Meggie decide to settle down? For what reason? Why does the author leave some loose ends at the end of the book? How does the reader know that there will be subsequent books in this series? Does this book stand alone well, or does the reader feel obligated to read the other novels in the series?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in detail, using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 3
Who is Meggie? What great love does she share with her father? How did Meggie learn to read? Why does her father never read aloud to her? What is her book box? Who made it? What does it contain? Where did the lining of the box come from? Why do Meggie and her father travel so much? How does Meggie feel about this? What does Meggie learn from Dustfinger is the real reason for their frequent moves? What else does Dustfinger reveal to Meggie that she did not know before?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)