|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 6, where does Meggie see Elinor standing as she waits for Dustfinger to begin his show?
2. What memories does Meggie awaken in Elinor in chapter 8?
3. What does Capricorn call Dustfinger's best friend in chapter 17?
4. What is Elinor's biggest fear as she and the others escape into the hills above the village where her car had a flat tire?
5. What does the stranger who comes to Meggie and Mo's house in chapter 1 call Mo?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Meggie tells Mo that she sees someone outside the bedroom window, what book does he accuse her of reading before going to sleep?
2. What does Dustfinger steal from Basta in chapter 21? For what reason?
3. In chapter 15, Meggie wonders why adults always keep secrets from children. Why does she think adults should be more willing to tell children the truth?
4. How does Dustfinger justify in chapter 12 his telling Mo that Capricorn was in the north when in reality he was in the south?
5. What does Capricorn do with all the copies of Inkheart he has gathered over the years? What does he do with the one remaining copy?
6. Why is Elinor not happy to see Meggie at her front door?
7. What does Capricorn tell Meggie in chapter 14 about his association with her father?
8. What does Meggie see Mo wrapping in brown paper in chapter 2? What is unusual about this?
9. Why does Farid insist on returning to Capricorn's village with Dustfinger in chaper 26?
10. Why does Meggie read aloud from a book of poetry in chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Basta? Why does he chase Mo and Meggie most of the novel? What happens to Basta when he allows Mo to get away the first two times? What happens when Dustfinger tricks Basta into allowing him to escape from the basement of the old church? Why is Basta sentenced to die with Resa? When the book comes to its conclusion, why does Basta not disappear like the majority of Capricorn's men? How does Basta react to this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following objects in an essay, discussing the impact of these objects on the characters and their actions, using quotes from the book to support your conclusions:
2) Book box
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay, quoting from the novel to support your conclusions:
4) Love of Reading and Books.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)