|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basta carve into a dresser so that Mo will know who has taken Meggie and Fenoglio?
2. What old building in the abandoned village has Capricorn made his throne room?
3. Who does Dustfinger say is happy to be out of Inkheart and living in our world?
4. In chapter 10, Meggie blames all the bad things that have happened in the past three days on what?
5. What is Meggie's favorite flower as she tells the reader in chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 19, what does Mo tell Meggie to help soothe her fear and to help her sleep?
2. Who does Meggie compare Dustfinger to in chapter 17? Why?
3. Whose picture does Meggie see in the book Mo gives to Elinor in chapter 5? Who does she ask about it?
4. Why does Mo wakes Meggie in chapter 21? What happens?
5. Why does Elinor turn off the alarm system in chapter 6?
6. In chapter 13, what does Dustfinger tell Elinor about her personality based on her interests and the stories she likes to tell?
7. What does Dustfinger attempt to learn about the book, Inkheart, but fails to find out?
8. In chapter 23, what does Dustfinger catch Farid doing? What does he say about it?
9. When Meggie tells Mo that she sees someone outside the bedroom window, what book does he accuse her of reading before going to sleep?
10. Why does Dustfinger insist in chapter 20 that they go toward the coast as they run away from Basta and Flatnose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Inkheart? Why is it important to Mo? Why does Mo continuously look for a copy of the book? Why does Capricorn want copies of the book? Why does Capricorn burn most of the books? What does Capricorn want read out of the book? Who reads most of these people out of the book? What is wrong with the people read out of the book? For example, what is wrong with Resa? What does Capricorn order Meggie to read out of Inkheart at the end of the book? How does the author help Meggie change what happens when she reads this character out of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Farid? Where did he come from? Why does Farid initially refuse to speak? How does he come to realize that the world around him is now his reality? Why does he spend all his time with Dustfinger? What does he want Dustfinger to teach him? How does Farid help Mo rescue Meggie, Resa, and Elinor at the end of the novel? Where does Farid go when the novel reaches its conclusion? For what reason? What does this suggest for Farid's future?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Meggie encourage Mo to read aloud to her from a book of poetry? Why does Meggie begin imitating the way her father read to her? What happens after she begins practicing? How did Meggie know that she would have the same gift as her father? Does her father know she has the same gift? Does Meggie consider this a gift? What does Capricorn want her to do with this gift? How does she react to this? What threat does Meggie promise if they do not let her see Dustfinger first? How would this impact what Capricorn wants from her?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)