|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign does Elinor find in her library that tells her where to look for her beloved books?
2. What district of Italy is Capricorn's village located in?
3. What is Mo doing in the Treasury when Meggie walks in chapter 2?
4. What does Elinor give to Meggie before she leaves in chapter 23?
5. Who follows Dustfinger when he runs away in chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose picture does Meggie see in the book Mo gives to Elinor in chapter 5? Who does she ask about it?
2. Who is waiting for Meggie and Mo as they attempt to leave their house in chapter 3? What do they do?
3. In chapter 19, what does Mo tell Meggie to help soothe her fear and to help her sleep?
4. How does Elinor react in chapter 28 to the destruction of her precious books?
5. What does Meggie say in the note she intends to leave with Elinor in chapter 9?
6. What does Mo say in chapter 16 when Meggie asks if her mother will like living inside Inkheart?
7. Why does Meggie tell Dustfinger in chapter 26 that he must never go back inside Inkheart?
8. Why is Elinor not happy to see Meggie at her front door?
9. What does Meggie see Mo wrapping in brown paper in chapter 2? What is unusual about this?
10. What does Capricorn tell Meggie in chapter 14 about his association with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Inkheart? Why is it important to Mo? Why does Mo continuously look for a copy of the book? Why does Capricorn want copies of the book? Why does Capricorn burn most of the books? What does Capricorn want read out of the book? Who reads most of these people out of the book? What is wrong with the people read out of the book? For example, what is wrong with Resa? What does Capricorn order Meggie to read out of Inkheart at the end of the book? How does the author help Meggie change what happens when she reads this character out of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Darius? What does Darius do? What is wrong with what Darius does? What connection does this have to Capricorn? To Mo? Why does Capricorn employ Darius? What does Capricorn want from Darius? What is the first thing Capricorn has Mo do? What does this say about Darius' continuing work with Capricorn? How does Capricorn later help Meggie? Why? On whose side is Darius?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Capricorn? What does he want from Mo and Meggie? What does Capricorn plan to make Mo do for him? Where is Capricorn? What does Meggie learn from her father about Capricorn? Where is Capricorn from? How did he come to be in Italy? What is his connection to Mo? What is Mo's secret ability? How is that connected to Capricorn? What item has Capricorn bought and stolen throughout Europe? Why does Elinor think he is only an eccentric book collector like her? Is he?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)