|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mortola's nickname?
2. Why is Farid studying the night in chapter 41?
(a) He is waiting for Dustfinger to return.
(b) He is looking for Gwin.
(c) He is trying to protect Mo and Elinor.
(d) He is looking for dangers.
3. What is Farid's idea to create a diversion when he, Mo, and Elinor sneak into the village to save Meggie?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Allow Basta to arrest Elinor.
(c) Start a fire.
(d) Run through the village in a car with a loud radio on.
4. What does Meggie tell Fenoglio in chapter 53 he should do about all of Capricorn's henchmen?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Have the Shadow take them back into the book.
(c) Imprison them all.
(d) Frighten them so that they run away.
5. What does Farid reveal he has seen in Dustfinger's backpack in chapter 31?
(a) A picture of Meggie.
(b) His bottles of lighter fluid.
(c) His books of magic.
(d) A picture of a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is guarding the casket where Mortola keeps the final copy of Inkheart?
2. Why has Darius come to see Meggie in chapter 42?
3. Who does Farid take with him when he sneaks into Capricorn's village in chapter 41?
4. Who does the crowd believe caused the fire that is devouring Capricorn's house in chapter 56?
5. What argument with Mo does Elinor recall in chapter 47?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Farid explain away the gunshots in the night that Mo and Elinor heard while waiting for Farid to return from the village?
2. In chapter 32, who does the author tell Meggie Magpie, or Mortola, is?
3. What condition does Basta give in chapter 45 when he agrees to give the author pen and paper?
4. What does Mo find in the hiding place that Farid leads him to in chapter 51?
5. What words does Meggie read in chapter 56 that cause The Shadow that she reads out of Inkheart to be altered from the one originally written?
6. What decorates Mortola's quarters? What does Meggie notice about this item?
7. In chapter 39, how does Capricorn explain his choice of punishments for Dustfinger and Resa?
8. What does Dustfinger recall in chapter 31 teaching Capricorn and now regrets?
9. Why does Meggie tell the reader in chapter 59 she has decided to become a writer?
10. Why does Meggie read the passage in Peter Pan that features Tinker Bell? What happens?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)