|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mo believe Resa is when he sees a picture of her in Dustfinger's backpack?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife, Teresa.
(c) Dustfinger's cousin.
(d) Dustfinger's wife.
2. Why does Capricorn want Darius to run a test with Meggie before the execution?
(a) To test the level of power that exists with her talent.
(b) To see if Meggie is telling the truth about having the same talent as her father.
(c) To see if together they can read out twice as many objects.
(d) To make sure reading Tinker Bell out was not a fluke.
3. Who is left to guard over Meggie and Fenoglio in chapter 36?
4. Why does Dustfinger think most of Capricorn's men do not have driver's licenses?
(a) They cannot provide proof of identity such as a birth certificate.
(b) They cannot read.
(c) They do not obey the laws of this world.
(d) They do not drive.
5. Why does Basta hold Meggie by the hair on the entire walk to Mortola's quarters in chapter 48?
(a) Because he wants to touch her.
(b) So she will speak with him.
(c) Because he dislikes her.
(d) So she will not try to run away again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Capricorn's men avoid the far end of the village?
2. What does the author tell Meggie to ask for in exchange for reading aloud a new story?
3. What does Fenoglio tell Meggie is his job in chapter 36?
4. What does Meggie ask the author to make the Shadow do when she calls it out of Inkheart?
5. What does Mortola threaten to do to Meggie in chapter 48 when she reveals that she knows Mortola is Capricorn's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mo find in the hiding place that Farid leads him to in chapter 51?
2. What does Meggie see in the seconds before she falls asleep in chapter 57?
3. Who is Resa? Why does Dustfinger remark that the only time you can hear her voice is when she laughs?
4. How does Dustfinger feel about Farid following him around in chapter 31?
5. What language does Mo write a note in for Meggie in chapter 42? Why has he chosen this language?
6. What decorates Mortola's quarters? What does Meggie notice about this item?
7. What does Dustfinger recall in chapter 31 teaching Capricorn and now regrets?
8. In chapter 36, what worries Meggie the most about her current situation?
9. Where does Meggie decide to hide the paper with the new passage the author has written for her to read at the execution?
10. Why do Capricorn's remaining men run away in chapter 57?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)