|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fenoglio distract Mortola and Capricorn so that Meggie can slip his pages out of her sleeve in chapter 56?
(a) He pulls a knife on Mortola.
(b) He tries to run away.
(c) He announces to everyone that Mortola is Capricorn's mother.
(d) He begins to argue that his story is not meant to be used this way.
2. What does Farid say his job was in his other life?
(b) Sneaking into villages unseen.
3. What message from Mo does Dustfinger give to Meggie in chapter 39?
(a) He is making a deal with Capricorn for her release.
(b) He and her mother have been reunited.
(c) He sends his love and promises to come for her soon.
(d) He will send for her soon.
4. Why does Capricorn want Darius to run a test with Meggie before the execution?
(a) To test the level of power that exists with her talent.
(b) To make sure reading Tinker Bell out was not a fluke.
(c) To see if Meggie is telling the truth about having the same talent as her father.
(d) To see if together they can read out twice as many objects.
5. What does Farid reveal he has seen in Dustfinger's backpack in chapter 31?
(a) A picture of Meggie.
(b) His books of magic.
(c) A picture of a woman.
(d) His bottles of lighter fluid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dustfinger claim he no longer loves Resa in chapter 58?
2. What does Mortola bring Meggie to wear to the executions in chapter 53?
3. What is Mortola's nickname?
4. What does Basta chew morning, noon, and night to improve his bad breath?
5. Why does Basta hold Meggie by the hair on the entire walk to Mortola's quarters in chapter 48?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Meggie tell the reader in chapter 59 she has decided to become a writer?
2. Why does Meggie read the passage in Peter Pan that features Tinker Bell? What happens?
3. What does Elinor do in chapter 47 when Mo and Farid do not return to their rendezvous point at planned?
4. What does Dustfinger recall in chapter 31 teaching Capricorn and now regrets?
5. Why do Capricorn's remaining men run away in chapter 57?
6. What does Meggie try to tell Dustfinger in chapter 49 that she is unable to convey due to Basta's presence?
7. What language does Mo write a note in for Meggie in chapter 42? Why has he chosen this language?
8. What condition does Basta give in chapter 45 when he agrees to give the author pen and paper?
9. In chapter 43, Dustfinger thinks about his impending death and has an idea that it will allow him to return home. Why? Where is home?
10. How does Farid explain away the gunshots in the night that Mo and Elinor heard while waiting for Farid to return from the village?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)