|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mo once tell Meggie it was good she looked like her mother?
(a) She is much more feminine with her mother's features.
(b) His head would not look good on a girl's neck.
(c) He is an ugly man and would make an uglier girl.
(d) She is a living reminder of her mother.
2. What book does Mo tell Meggie no one can read right through to the end?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) The Stand.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Thousand and One Nights.
3. What does Elinor want to do about the destruction of her library in chapter 30?
(a) Go to Capricorn to complain.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Take Capricorn to court to force him to pay for the loss.
(d) Burn down the rest of the soiled house.
4. In chapter 10, Meggie blames all the bad things that have happened in the past three days on what?
(a) Mo's book.
(b) Elinor's collection.
5. How old was Meggie the night Mo read Capricorn, Basta, and Dustfinger out of Inkheart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What crosses Meggie's mind as she waits for Mo to return from picking up Elinor at the airport in chapter 30?
2. Who do Meggie and Elinor find behind door number four in Capricorn's jail behind the church?
3. How does Elinor subdue Basta in chapter 21?
4. What is the name of Dustfinger's killer in the book Inkheart?
5. What type of food does Meggie recall Mo loves more than any other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has always comforted Meggie in regards to her lack of a mother as she reveals in chapter 29?
2. What does Capricorn do with all the copies of Inkheart he has gathered over the years? What does he do with the one remaining copy?
3. Who does Meggie use as a spy in chapter 27? For what reason?
4. What does Meggie see Mo wrapping in brown paper in chapter 2? What is unusual about this?
5. Why does Elinor turn off the alarm system in chapter 6?
6. Whose picture does Meggie see in the book Mo gives to Elinor in chapter 5? Who does she ask about it?
7. In chapter 19, what does Mo tell Meggie to help soothe her fear and to help her sleep?
8. When Meggie tells Mo that she sees someone outside the bedroom window, what book does he accuse her of reading before going to sleep?
9. In chapter 23, what does Dustfinger catch Farid doing? What does he say about it?
10. Why does Farid insist on returning to Capricorn's village with Dustfinger in chaper 26?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)