|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Basta and Flatnose debating as they come up the hill toward Mo and company's hiding place in chapter 21?
(a) Capricorn's recent decisions.
(b) Whether this search is a wild goose chase.
(c) Comparing this world to the one in Inkheart.
(d) How to treat dogs.
2. Who gave Dustfinger the scars on his face?
3. Who comes in chapter 19 to help Mo, Meggie, and Elinor escape?
4. What does Mo tell Meggie in chapter 16 was her mother's favorite type of book?
(a) Books with fairies, knights, and dragons.
(b) Books featuring robbers and theives.
(c) Books about the Romans.
(d) Books about evil.
5. What causes Meggie to feel a little jealous in chapter 29?
(a) Mo's admission that he misses his wife.
(b) Mo spending time with Fenoglio's grandkids.
(c) Mo's admission that he hopes to marry again someday.
(d) Mo spending time with Fenoglio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meggie plan to get Mo back, as explained in chapter 10?
2. What is Meggie's favorite flower as she tells the reader in chapter 2?
3. How does Elinor subdue Basta in chapter 21?
4. What does Elinor warn Dustfinger she does at exactly nine thirty every evening?
5. In chapter 10, what explanation does Dustfinger give for the henchmen who kidnapped Mo not learning that they had the wrong book?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 30, how does Basta get Meggie to open the door to him?
2. How does Elinor react in chapter 28 to the destruction of her precious books?
3. Who does Dustfinger admit he works for in chapter 11?
4. Why does Elinor turn off the alarm system in chapter 6?
5. What does Meggie say in the note she intends to leave with Elinor in chapter 9?
6. How does Dustfinger react to the sound of Meggie crying in chapter 7?
7. Why does Meggie read aloud from a book of poetry in chapter 23?
8. Who is waiting for Meggie and Mo as they attempt to leave their house in chapter 3? What do they do?
9. In chapter 16, Mo tells Meggie and Elinor what happened the night he read Inkheart aloud to his wife and daughter. How did Mo try to return Capricorn and Basta to the book before finally driving them out of the house with a sword?
10. Why does Meggie tell Dustfinger in chapter 26 that he must never go back inside Inkheart?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)