|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture does the sight of Elinor's house remind Meggie of?
(a) Mona Lisa.
(b) Monet's Picnic.
(c) The Selfish Giant's garden.
(d) Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights
2. What does Meggie do in chapter 14 to try to give herself courage?
(a) Be brave for Elinor.
(b) Think of how Dustfinger would expect her to act.
(c) Think of what her father would do in her position.
(d) Think of a hero from her books.
3. What does the author compare Dustfinger to in chapter 7?
(a) A thieving fox.
(b) A murderous marten.
(c) A ruthless henchman.
(d) A smelly skunk.
4. What does Capricorn believe Mo is?
(a) A magician.
(b) A god.
(c) A devil.
(d) A warlock.
5. Why does Elinor begin telling stories about castles and knights in chapter 13?
(a) To keep herself from falling asleep.
(b) To keep Meggie from crying.
(c) To keep Dustfinger from talking so much.
(d) To keep the silence at bay during the long drive to Capricorn's village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Mo tell Meggie is why he does not go back to Capricorn's village to retrieve the last copy of Inkheart?
2. Why does Meggie admit being afraid of Basta in chapter 13?
3. What does Mo do for a living?
4. Who do Meggie and Elinor find behind door number four in Capricorn's jail behind the church?
5. What is the overwhelming feeling that Dustfinger is left with after being lured out of the book Inkheart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Capricorn tell Meggie in chapter 14 about his association with her father?
2. Who does Meggie use as a spy in chapter 27? For what reason?
3. Why does Dustfinger insist in chapter 20 that they go toward the coast as they run away from Basta and Flatnose?
4. How does Dustfinger react to the sound of Meggie crying in chapter 7?
5. Why does Mo wakes Meggie in chapter 21? What happens?
6. When Meggie tells Mo that she sees someone outside the bedroom window, what book does he accuse her of reading before going to sleep?
7. In chapter 24, why does the author say he did not kill off Basta and Capricorn in his book?
8. How does Dustfinger justify in chapter 12 his telling Mo that Capricorn was in the north when in reality he was in the south?
9. What does Meggie see Mo wrapping in brown paper in chapter 2? What is unusual about this?
10. How does Elinor react in chapter 28 to the destruction of her precious books?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)