|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Meggie ask Mo in chapter 5 that she never thought about until Dustfinger brought it up?
(a) Why he does not read aloud to her.
(b) Why they move around so much.
(c) Why he does not search for her mother.
(d) Why he never remarried.
2. What crosses Meggie's mind as she waits for Mo to return from picking up Elinor at the airport in chapter 30?
(a) That Capricorn's men might have destroyed her and Mo's house, too.
(b) That Mo might be in danger.
(c) That she now has nowhere to live.
(d) That Capricorn's men might know where she is.
3. Why did Mo once promise Meggie burglars would never break into their house?
(a) They live too far out in the country.
(b) There was nothing to steal.
(c) They could not break the locks.
(d) They could not beat the alarm system.
4. Who gave Dustfinger the scars on his face?
5. How does Fenoglio hope to disguise himself as he walks in the square to catch a glimpse of the unsuspecting Dustfinger?
(a) Wear sunglasses.
(b) Take his grandchildren with him.
(c) Wear oversized clothing.
(d) Wear a large hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meggie go when she has trouble sleeping in chapter 21?
2. What does Mo tell Capricorn at the end of chapter 18 that forces him to agree to let Mo go back to his cell?
3. What is Mo doing in the Treasury when Meggie walks in chapter 2?
4. Who does Mo tell Meggie Fenoglio is in chapter 22?
5. What does Capricorn call Dustfinger's best friend in chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 15, Meggie wonders why adults always keep secrets from children. Why does she think adults should be more willing to tell children the truth?
2. How does Dustfinger react to the sound of Meggie crying in chapter 7?
3. How does Elinor react in chapter 28 to the destruction of her precious books?
4. Why does Meggie read aloud from a book of poetry in chapter 23?
5. Who is waiting for Meggie and Mo as they attempt to leave their house in chapter 3? What do they do?
6. Why does Meggie tell Dustfinger in chapter 26 that he must never go back inside Inkheart?
7. Why does Dustfinger insist in chapter 20 that they go toward the coast as they run away from Basta and Flatnose?
8. Why does Farid insist on returning to Capricorn's village with Dustfinger in chaper 26?
9. What joke does Dustfinger make at the end of chapter 10 when Elinor insists on going with Dustfinger and Meggie to Capricorn's village?
10. Who does Dustfinger admit he works for in chapter 11?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)