|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dustfinger claim in chapter 6 he likes the nighttime better?
(a) It is quieter.
(b) He likes the dark.
(c) It is a time when Gwin is more awake and active.
(d) There are fewer people around.
2. Who stops the dogs from attacking Mo initially in chapter 21?
3. What is Mo's sign that he places on all the books he rebinds?
(a) Intertwined letters, MF.
(b) A mustang.
(c) A unicorn's head.
(d) A butterfly.
4. What causes Meggie to feel a little jealous in chapter 29?
(a) Mo's admission that he misses his wife.
(b) Mo's admission that he hopes to marry again someday.
(c) Mo spending time with Fenoglio's grandkids.
(d) Mo spending time with Fenoglio.
5. What did Capricorn ask Mo, in chapter 16, to do when he first arrived in our world?
(a) To return him to the pages of Inkheart.
(b) To give him the means to survive in this world.
(c) To help him find a new place to live.
(d) To help him find the author of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meggie think Mo was more concerned about during his kidnapping than her?
2. Who insists on speaking to Dustfinger first, in chapter 25, before introducing him to Fenoglio?
3. Why did Mo once promise Meggie burglars would never break into their house?
4. Who does Dustfinger say is happy to be out of Inkheart and living in our world?
5. Who does Elinor insist Capricorn must be in chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Meggie light candles in her room late at night? Why does Mo dislike this practice?
2. What does Meggie say in the note she intends to leave with Elinor in chapter 9?
3. What does Meggie hear Mo say to the strangers in chapter 6 as they attempt to take the book he has hidden from him?
4. What does Meggie see Mo wrapping in brown paper in chapter 2? What is unusual about this?
5. In chapter 16, Mo tells Meggie and Elinor what happened the night he read Inkheart aloud to his wife and daughter. How did Mo try to return Capricorn and Basta to the book before finally driving them out of the house with a sword?
6. What does Dustfinger attempt to learn about the book, Inkheart, but fails to find out?
7. What joke does Dustfinger make at the end of chapter 10 when Elinor insists on going with Dustfinger and Meggie to Capricorn's village?
8. In chapter 15, Meggie wonders why adults always keep secrets from children. Why does she think adults should be more willing to tell children the truth?
9. Who does Meggie compare Dustfinger to in chapter 17? Why?
10. What does Capricorn tell Meggie in chapter 14 about his association with her father?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)