|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fenoglio say about Capricorn's village as Basta takes he and Meggie there in chapter 32?
(a) That it is similar to the setting of Capricorn's childhood.
(b) That it is where he wrote Inkheart.
(c) That it is similar to a setting from Inkheart.
(d) That it is his childhood home.
2. Where does Dustfinger chose to hide in chapter 31 close to Capricorn's village?
(a) A burned out house on the hill.
(b) A cave on the hillside.
(c) A house in the village.
(d) A garage behind Capricorn's house.
3. What did Capricorn's father do for a living?
4. Where are the executions to take place?
(a) The church.
(b) A farmer's vineyard.
(c) The village's abandoned football field.
(d) A sports arena.
5. Who stops Mortola from taking the new passage from Meggie in the middle of her reading?
6. In chapter 47, who does Elinor run into as she makes her way into Capricorn's village?
7. What message from Mo does Dustfinger give to Meggie in chapter 39?
(a) He and her mother have been reunited.
(b) He is making a deal with Capricorn for her release.
(c) He will send for her soon.
(d) He sends his love and promises to come for her soon.
8. What did Resa teach Dustfinger?
(a) To sing.
(b) To read.
(c) To cook.
(d) To talk.
9. What did Dustfinger ask Resa to do for him that he regrets in chapter 37?
(a) To find a way for him to break into Capricorn's throne room.
(b) To find where Capricorn has put the last copy of Inkheart.
(c) To find some food for him.
(d) To find some money to help them escape together.
10. What story does Fenoglio think he should write when all this adventure ends?
(a) One of Meggie and how she saved them with her voice.
(b) One of Basta and his superstitions.
(c) One of Mortola and her fascination with the macabe.
(d) One of Elinor and her great collection of books.
11. What does Mo discover Capricorn's henchmen have taken from their makeshift camp while they hide in a cellar?
(a) Their money and food.
(b) Their blankets and bloodied bandages.
(c) Their car.
(d) Their books.
12. What does Meggie ask the author to make the Shadow do when she calls it out of Inkheart?
(a) Kill Capricorn.
(b) Release its victims.
(c) Kill Basta.
(d) Save Mo.
13. Who brings Meggie a message from Mo in chapter 42?
14. Who does Farid think Elinor is to Mo?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
15. What does Fenoglio spend the night doing in chapter 46?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meggie and her father chose to live in chapter 59?
2. What does Mortola bring Meggie to wear to the executions in chapter 53?
3. Who reads the section of the passage that causes Capricorn's death when Meggie finds she cannot?
4. Why does Fenoglio tell Meggie not to try to escape in chapter 38?
5. What does Dustfinger tell Basta his rabbit's foot will attract?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)