|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell Meggie to ask for in exchange for reading aloud a new story?
(a) A visit to Dustfinger.
(b) A car.
(c) A phone.
(d) Pencil and paper.
2. Why do Capricorn's men avoid the far end of the village?
(a) It is where the Shadow lives.
(b) That is where Capricorn keeps his dogs.
(c) Capricorn has ordered them to stay clear of that area.
(d) It had been destroyed by an earthquake, leaving dangerous rubble.
3. Who does Farid think Elinor is to Mo?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
4. How does Darius tell Meggie and Fenoglio that he was punished when he did not read out of books what Capricorn wanted?
(a) They would take away his flashlight.
(b) They would starve him.
(c) They would threaten to execute him.
(d) They would beat him.
5. What came out of Peter Pan when Darius read it to Capricorn?
(a) Fish and a grappling iron.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A pirate.
(d) A pile of leaves.
6. Where does Meggie and her father chose to live in chapter 59?
(a) With Elinor.
(b) Back at their farmhouse.
(c) In Capricorn's now abandoned village.
(d) An apartment in London.
7. What does Farid say his job was in his other life?
(c) Sneaking into villages unseen.
8. Who is outside of Capricorn's house when Mo and Farid approach it in chapter 54?
(a) A group of henchmen.
(b) Capricorn himself.
(c) A single guard.
(d) Basta and Flatnose.
9. Who brings breakfast to Meggie and Fenoglio in chapter 42?
10. What did Dustfinger ask Resa to do for him that he regrets in chapter 37?
(a) To find a way for him to break into Capricorn's throne room.
(b) To find some food for him.
(c) To find some money to help them escape together.
(d) To find where Capricorn has put the last copy of Inkheart.
11. Why does Fenoglio tell Meggie not to try to escape in chapter 38?
(a) She will get lost in the countryside.
(b) She will get hurt by the men with guns.
(c) She will put Fenoglio in danger.
(d) She will place Mo at unneccessary risk.
12. Who reads the section of the passage that causes Capricorn's death when Meggie finds she cannot?
13. What is Mortola's nickname?
14. What does Mortola threaten to do to Meggie in chapter 48 when she reveals that she knows Mortola is Capricorn's mother?
(a) To execute her with Dustfinger and Resa.
(b) To take her away from the village.
(c) To imprison her for life.
(d) To poison her.
15. What does Fenoglio spend the night doing in chapter 46?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dustfinger chose to hide in chapter 31 close to Capricorn's village?
2. How does Fenoglio distract Mortola and Capricorn so that Meggie can slip his pages out of her sleeve in chapter 56?
3. Why does Dustfinger say Capricorn often moves around from place to place?
4. Why is Farid studying the night in chapter 41?
5. What did Resa teach Dustfinger?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)