|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Capricorn show as proof of Mo's death in chapters 55-56?
(a) His favorite book, covered in blood.
(b) A picture of his dead body.
(c) Bloody cloth.
(d) His bloody sweater.
2. What does Fenoglio quickly hide in chapter 48 when he hears Basta's approach?
(a) His knife.
(b) His papers.
(c) Meggie's books.
(d) His flashlight.
3. What does Mortola bring Meggie to wear to the executions in chapter 53?
(a) A white dress.
(b) A pair of khaki slacks.
(c) A green dress.
(d) Black slacks and a black jacket.
4. Why does Dustfinger insist he and Resa cannot take Meggie when they make their escape?
(a) She will be too slow to keep up.
(b) Mo will kill him if she is hurt.
(c) Capricorn will hunt them.
(d) She will give them away.
5. What does Fenoglio think Tinker Bell is the first time he sees her?
(a) A mutated glow worm.
(b) A lightening bug.
(c) An animated flashlight.
(d) A child's toy.
6. What does Fenoglio tell Meggie is his job in chapter 36?
(a) Making Capricorn happy.
(b) Writing unique stories.
(c) Thinking up ideas.
(d) Protecting her.
7. What warning does Dustfinger give Farid when Farid accidentally causes a small grass fire?
(a) Fire is a dark enemy.
(b) Fire should be treated as a friend.
(c) Fire is not a toy.
(d) Fire must be respected.
8. Who does Farid take with him when he sneaks into Capricorn's village in chapter 41?
9. Why is Basta afraid for Capricorn to kill Fenoglio?
(a) He is afraid of retribution by Fenoglio's family.
(b) He is afraid it will cause Meggie to refuse to lure her father there.
(c) He is afraid of the police.
(d) He is afraid all of Fenoglio's characters will disappear with his death.
10. What did Capricorn's father do for a living?
11. What does Mortola threaten to do to Meggie in chapter 48 when she reveals that she knows Mortola is Capricorn's mother?
(a) To imprison her for life.
(b) To poison her.
(c) To execute her with Dustfinger and Resa.
(d) To take her away from the village.
12. What do the maids of Capricorn's village think Meggie is?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A magician.
(c) A witch.
(d) A priestess.
13. Who does Mo believe Resa is when he sees a picture of her in Dustfinger's backpack?
(a) His wife, Teresa.
(b) Dustfinger's cousin.
(c) Dustfinger's wife.
(d) His sister.
14. Why does Basta hold Meggie by the hair on the entire walk to Mortola's quarters in chapter 48?
(a) Because he dislikes her.
(b) So she will speak with him.
(c) Because he wants to touch her.
(d) So she will not try to run away again.
15. What is Mortola's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the section of the passage that causes Capricorn's death when Meggie finds she cannot?
2. Who is left to guard over Meggie and Fenoglio in chapter 36?
3. Where does Basta take Dustfinger and Resa at the beginning of chapter 43?
4. What signal does Mo give to Meggie in chapter 56 to alert her to his presence?
5. Who brings Meggie the copy of Inkheart in chapter 56?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)