|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 33, why does Dustfinger say he often came back to Capricorn's village while searching for Silvertongue and the book?
(a) He felt he was among friends.
(b) He knew there were few cars there.
(c) He knew he was safe there.
(d) He felt less out of place there.
2. Who is left behind when Capricorn's men vanish back into Inkheart?
(a) Mortola and Dustfinger.
(b) Mortola and Basta.
(c) Flatnose and Gwin.
(d) Basta and Flatnose.
3. What does the author tell Meggie to ask for in exchange for reading aloud a new story?
(a) Pencil and paper.
(b) A visit to Dustfinger.
(c) A phone.
(d) A car.
4. What does Fenoglio spend the night doing in chapter 46?
5. Who brings Meggie the copy of Inkheart in chapter 56?
6. What did Resa teach Dustfinger?
(a) To cook.
(b) To read.
(c) To talk.
(d) To sing.
7. What argument with Mo does Elinor recall in chapter 47?
(a) His refusal to let her go into the village with him.
(b) His insistence on rescuing Meggie despite her fears.
(c) His insistence on trusting Dustfinger again.
(d) His refusal to go to the police with her.
8. In chapter 47, what does Elinor decide she must do when she becomes convinced that Mo is dead?
(a) Find Teresa.
(b) Save Meggie.
(c) Find Fenoglio.
(d) Save Dustfinger.
9. What does Fenoglio tell Meggie is his job in chapter 36?
(a) Writing unique stories.
(b) Thinking up ideas.
(c) Making Capricorn happy.
(d) Protecting her.
10. What does Dustfinger feed to Tinkle Bell after finding her in Basta's house?
11. Why does Basta hold Meggie by the hair on the entire walk to Mortola's quarters in chapter 48?
(a) So she will speak with him.
(b) Because he dislikes her.
(c) So she will not try to run away again.
(d) Because he wants to touch her.
12. How does Darius tell Meggie and Fenoglio that he was punished when he did not read out of books what Capricorn wanted?
(a) They would beat him.
(b) They would take away his flashlight.
(c) They would threaten to execute him.
(d) They would starve him.
13. Who brings Meggie a message from Mo in chapter 42?
14. What does Farid say his job was in his other life?
(d) Sneaking into villages unseen.
15. What does Mortola threaten to do to Meggie in chapter 48 when she reveals that she knows Mortola is Capricorn's mother?
(a) To imprison her for life.
(b) To execute her with Dustfinger and Resa.
(c) To poison her.
(d) To take her away from the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Darius come to see Meggie in chapter 42?
2. Who is left to guard over Meggie and Fenoglio in chapter 36?
3. What does Farid reveal he has seen in Dustfinger's backpack in chapter 31?
4. Why is Farid studying the night in chapter 41?
5. Who does the crowd believe caused the fire that is devouring Capricorn's house in chapter 56?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)