|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mo doing when Meggie wakes in chapter 2?
(a) Making lunch.
(c) Reading aloud.
2. Why does Dustfinger steal into Meggie's room in the middle of the night in chapter 11?
(a) To study her face.
(b) To read his own fate in Inkheart.
(c) To check on her safety.
(d) To steal her away to Capricorn's village.
3. What memories does Meggie awaken in Elinor in chapter 8?
(a) Her father's obsession with his books and her play time with her sisters.
(b) Memories of her own mother.
(c) Memories of Teresa, Meggie's mother.
(d) A love of good books Elinor has always had.
4. What does Elinor want to do about the destruction of her library in chapter 30?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Go to Capricorn to complain.
(c) Burn down the rest of the soiled house.
(d) Take Capricorn to court to force him to pay for the loss.
5. In chapter 10, Meggie blames all the bad things that have happened in the past three days on what?
(b) Elinor's collection.
(d) Mo's book.
6. What does Mo tell Dustfinger about Inkheart as they run from the dilapidated house in chapter 21?
(a) That he plans to hand him over to Capricorn when this is all over.
(b) That he should go back and kill Basta.
(c) That he knows about Resa.
(d) That there is still one copy of Inkheart.
7. What reason does Mo tell Meggie is why he does not go back to Capricorn's village to retrieve the last copy of Inkheart?
(c) His fear of Capricorn.
(d) His fear of Basta.
8. Why does Dustfinger claim in chapter 6 he likes the nighttime better?
(a) He likes the dark.
(b) It is a time when Gwin is more awake and active.
(c) There are fewer people around.
(d) It is quieter.
9. Who follows Dustfinger when he runs away in chapter 26?
10. What does Mo tell Meggie his wife was too vain to wear?
(d) Bulky sweaters.
11. How far does Elinor insist in chapter 4 Meggie stay from her shelves of books?
(a) Three feet.
(b) Three paces.
(c) Three yards.
(d) Three inches.
12. In chapter 30, how does Basta tell Meggie he and Flatnose found her and Mo?
(a) They traced their cellphones.
(b) They got a call from Fenoglio.
(c) They tracked Dustfinger.
(d) They have spies in villages all over Italy.
13. What are Basta and Flatnose debating as they come up the hill toward Mo and company's hiding place in chapter 21?
(a) Comparing this world to the one in Inkheart.
(b) How to treat dogs.
(c) Whether this search is a wild goose chase.
(d) Capricorn's recent decisions.
14. What crosses Meggie's mind as she waits for Mo to return from picking up Elinor at the airport in chapter 30?
(a) That she now has nowhere to live.
(b) That Capricorn's men might have destroyed her and Mo's house, too.
(c) That Mo might be in danger.
(d) That Capricorn's men might know where she is.
15. Why does Dustfinger say he does not know how to drive?
(a) He is afraid of machinery.
(b) He has bad hand eye coordination.
(c) He has poor vision.
(d) He dislikes riding in cars, let alone learning to drive them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instinct nearly overwhelms Dustfinger as Meggie runs past him in chapter 7, no longer crying but still desperate?
2. What causes Meggie to feel a little jealous in chapter 29?
3. What does Elinor hope to have Mo do when he finally comes to live with her?
4. What doubts plague Meggie in chapter 9 as she prepares to go in search of Mo?
5. What does Capricorn believe Mo is?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)