|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mo once promise Meggie burglars would never break into their house?
(a) There was nothing to steal.
(b) They could not beat the alarm system.
(c) They could not break the locks.
(d) They live too far out in the country.
2. What excuse for school does Mo ask Meggie in chapter 2 if he has used already?
(b) Dead grandmother.
(c) Cousin's funeral.
(d) Chicken pox.
3. What district of Italy is Capricorn's village located in?
4. What does Mo tell Dustfinger about Inkheart as they run from the dilapidated house in chapter 21?
(a) That there is still one copy of Inkheart.
(b) That he knows about Resa.
(c) That he plans to hand him over to Capricorn when this is all over.
(d) That he should go back and kill Basta.
5. What does Capricorn believe Mo is?
(a) A magician.
(b) A god.
(c) A devil.
(d) A warlock.
6. What instinct nearly overwhelms Dustfinger as Meggie runs past him in chapter 7, no longer crying but still desperate?
(a) A need to take her away from this place.
(b) A need to shut her up.
(c) A need to comfort and explain.
(d) A need to keep her from danger.
7. What is the name of Dustfinger's killer in the book Inkheart?
(c) It is never revealed.
8. How do the police react in chapter 8 when Meggie tells them to search for Capricorn?
(a) They ask Elinor why Meggie is not in bed.
(b) They apparently think she is joking.
(c) They ignore her and file a report using only the information Elinor gave them.
(d) They put out an APB.
9. What is the first thing Mo and company do when they reach a village in chapter 22?
(a) Rent rooms in a hotel.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Rent a car.
(d) Have breakfast.
10. Who follows Mo and company in chapter 20?
(a) Basta and Flatnose.
(b) Basta and Resa.
(c) Flatnose and Mortola.
(d) Mortola and Resa.
11. Who stops the dogs from attacking Mo initially in chapter 21?
12. What does Meggie think Mo was more concerned about during his kidnapping than her?
(b) His book.
(c) Elinor's collection.
13. What does Elinor suddenly find herself missing in chapter 28 as she arrives home?
(a) The smell of her lake.
(b) The sight of her garden.
(c) The feel of her favorite books.
(d) The sounds of human voices.
14. Where does Dustfinger assure Mo Capricorn has gone in chapter 3?
15. What does Elinor hope to have Mo do when he finally comes to live with her?
(a) Repair some plumbing in the old house.
(b) Help remodel the basement.
(c) Finish fixing her books.
(d) Read aloud to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mo doing when Meggie wakes in chapter 2?
2. Who gave Dustfinger the scars on his face?
3. Who insists on speaking to Dustfinger first, in chapter 25, before introducing him to Fenoglio?
4. In what point of view is this novel written?
5. What does Mo tell Meggie his wife was too vain to wear?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)