|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens first thing in the morning in chapter 17?
(a) Two men come to take Mo, Meggie, and Elinor to Capricorn.
(b) Meggie sees Resa for the first time.
(c) Dustfinger rescues Mo, Meggie, and Elinor.
(d) Meggie is set free.
2. What does Basta carve into a dresser so that Mo will know who has taken Meggie and Fenoglio?
(a) His name.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A ransom note.
(d) Capricorn's name.
3. What is Mo's full name?
4. What does Meggie do in chapter 14 to try to give herself courage?
(a) Think of a hero from her books.
(b) Be brave for Elinor.
(c) Think of what her father would do in her position.
(d) Think of how Dustfinger would expect her to act.
5. What crosses Meggie's mind as she waits for Mo to return from picking up Elinor at the airport in chapter 30?
(a) That Capricorn's men might have destroyed her and Mo's house, too.
(b) That Capricorn's men might know where she is.
(c) That she now has nowhere to live.
(d) That Mo might be in danger.
6. What type of food does Meggie recall Mo loves more than any other?
7. How do the police react in chapter 8 when Meggie tells them to search for Capricorn?
(a) They ignore her and file a report using only the information Elinor gave them.
(b) They ask Elinor why Meggie is not in bed.
(c) They apparently think she is joking.
(d) They put out an APB.
8. What does Elinor give to Meggie before she leaves in chapter 23?
(a) A book of fairy tales.
(b) A book of children's poetry.
(c) A book of jokes.
(d) A book of short stories.
9. What keeps Meggie from chasing after Mo and Capricorn's men initially in chapter 6?
(b) A gun pointed at her by the henchmen.
10. Where does Meggie go when she has trouble sleeping in chapter 21?
(a) To Elinor's car.
(b) To the barn.
(d) To Elinor's side of the room.
11. What does Mo tell Capricorn at the end of chapter 18 that forces him to agree to let Mo go back to his cell?
(a) He will not read more until he is compensated.
(b) He will bite his tongue if not allowed a rest.
(c) He will not read anymore until Meggie is set free.
(d) He is exhausted and could make a mistake.
12. What is Mo doing in the Treasury when Meggie walks in chapter 2?
(a) Packing his favorite books.
(b) Covering a book in brown paper.
(c) Packing his special liner paper.
(d) Throwing away his personal papers.
13. What does Mo tell Meggie his wife was too vain to wear?
(b) Bulky sweaters.
14. Why does Elinor begin telling stories about castles and knights in chapter 13?
(a) To keep Dustfinger from talking so much.
(b) To keep Meggie from crying.
(c) To keep the silence at bay during the long drive to Capricorn's village.
(d) To keep herself from falling asleep.
15. In chapter 10, Meggie blames all the bad things that have happened in the past three days on what?
(c) Mo's book.
(d) Elinor's collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meggie admit being afraid of Basta in chapter 13?
2. What does Mo say to Elinor in chapter 15 that makes her angry with him?
3. How far does Elinor insist in chapter 4 Meggie stay from her shelves of books?
4. Why does Meggie comment in chapter 13 that the area they are traveling in does not seem dangerous to her?
5. In chapter 30, how does Basta tell Meggie he and Flatnose found her and Mo?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)