|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dustfinger assure Mo Capricorn has gone in chapter 3?
2. What does Elinor give to Meggie before she leaves in chapter 23?
(a) A book of short stories.
(b) A book of fairy tales.
(c) A book of children's poetry.
(d) A book of jokes.
3. What reason does Mo tell Meggie is why he does not go back to Capricorn's village to retrieve the last copy of Inkheart?
(c) His fear of Basta.
(d) His fear of Capricorn.
4. What does Capricorn want Meggie for?
(a) To force her to read for him.
(b) To force Resa to be loyal to him.
(c) To force her father to read for him.
(d) To force Dustfinger to remain his servant.
5. What causes Meggie to feel a little jealous in chapter 29?
(a) Mo spending time with Fenoglio's grandkids.
(b) Mo's admission that he misses his wife.
(c) Mo spending time with Fenoglio.
(d) Mo's admission that he hopes to marry again someday.
6. Who seems to be missing from Capricorn's village?
(a) Dustfinger and Gwin.
(b) Women and children.
(c) Specific henchmen from the book.
(d) The knights and dragons from the book.
7. Why does Meggie jump out of the camper van and refuse to leave in chapter 3?
(a) She wants to know Mo's secret.
(b) She is afraid of Gwin.
(c) She does not trust Dustfinger.
(d) She does not want to miss school.
8. Who follows Dustfinger when he runs away in chapter 26?
9. What one room in her house does Elinor not keep books?
(a) The attic.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bedroom.
10. Who insists on speaking to Dustfinger first, in chapter 25, before introducing him to Fenoglio?
11. What promise does Mo make to Dustfinger in chapter 23 and again in chapter 24?
(a) That he will not tell the author about him.
(b) That he will give him a copy of Inkheart.
(c) That he will not leave him alone in the village.
(d) That he will not allow Farid to go off with him.
12. In chapter 30, how does Basta tell Meggie he and Flatnose found her and Mo?
(a) They tracked Dustfinger.
(b) They have spies in villages all over Italy.
(c) They got a call from Fenoglio.
(d) They traced their cellphones.
13. Why did Mo once tell Meggie it was good she looked like her mother?
(a) She is a living reminder of her mother.
(b) His head would not look good on a girl's neck.
(c) She is much more feminine with her mother's features.
(d) He is an ugly man and would make an uglier girl.
14. How old was Meggie the night Mo read Capricorn, Basta, and Dustfinger out of Inkheart?
15. Why does Elinor begin telling stories about castles and knights in chapter 13?
(a) To keep herself from falling asleep.
(b) To keep Meggie from crying.
(c) To keep Dustfinger from talking so much.
(d) To keep the silence at bay during the long drive to Capricorn's village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memories does Meggie awaken in Elinor in chapter 8?
2. What excuse for school does Mo ask Meggie in chapter 2 if he has used already?
3. How long has Mo been running from Capricorn and Basta?
4. What are Basta and Flatnose debating as they come up the hill toward Mo and company's hiding place in chapter 21?
5. What did Capricorn ask Mo, in chapter 16, to do when he first arrived in our world?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)