|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
3. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
4. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
5. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the text, choose one of the following characters and analyze their personal relationship with God or religion.
- Reverend Brown.
Essay Topic 2
Popular opinion shapes how Brady feels about himself throughout Inherit the Wind. Choose one of the following moments from the play and analyze how it helped or hurt Brady's self-confidence and why.
1) The way Brady was greeted when he arrived in town.
2) The time Brady served on the witness stand.
3) The speech Brady made on the radio, following the verdict.
Essay Topic 3
When Brady comes to town, he does so with fanfare and promises. Analyze the following promises he made to people and whether or not he delivered.
Part 1) What does Brady promise Davenport? What does he promise the people of Hillsboro?
Part 2) Is it important for Brady to hold up his word? Why or why not? Cite examples from the text.
Part 3) When Brady does not hold up his word or fails at his promised outcome, how does this affect him? Why?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)