Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
2. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
3. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
Essay Topic 1
The judge assigns Cates the punishment to pay a fine of $100. Answer the following questions:
1) Is this the sentence Cates expects to receive?
2) What does the sentence reveal about the judge's feelings on the case?
3) Why does Cates still plan to appeal the verdict?
Essay Topic 2
Cates is on trial for breaking a law; teaching Darwinism in his classroom. In court, Drummond makes Cates' case about something different altogether.
Part 1) What does Drummond make Cates' case about?
Part 2) How does this angle change the outcome of the case?
Part 3) If Drummond had not changed the angle, do you believe Cates would have gone to jail? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Drummond and Brady are revealed to be old friends who have fallen away from their friendship with one another. Answer the following:
Part 1) When are Brady and Drummond friends? What do they have in common?
Part 2) Why do they grow apart? Who regrets the distance?
Part 3) At any point in Inherit the Wind, is there hope of rekindling the friendship? Why or why not?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)