|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
2. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
3. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
Essay Topic 1
Out of the following three characters, determine who you feel has the most to win or lose with Cates' court case and why. Back up your theory with specific examples from the text.
- Reverend Brown.
Essay Topic 2
Drummond states that his experience with the law is like being on a merry-go-round. Why is this? What are some moments from Inherit the Wind that back up his theory?
Essay Topic 3
Drummond and Brady are revealed to be old friends who have fallen away from their friendship with one another. Answer the following:
Part 1) When are Brady and Drummond friends? What do they have in common?
Part 2) Why do they grow apart? Who regrets the distance?
Part 3) At any point in Inherit the Wind, is there hope of rekindling the friendship? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)