|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Brady try to do for Mr. Brady prior to the prayer meeting?
2. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
3. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
4. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
5. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Brady and Drummond are the two main characters of the play, both fighting to win over the town and of course, their side of the case. Choose either Brady or Drummond and analyze the following. Part 1) Describe this character based on what is said about him before he arrives in Hillsboro. Part 2) Compare this image to who he is when he arrives. Part 3) Analyze how and why he has changed by the time he departs.
Essay Topic 2Drummond states that his experience with the law is like being on a merry-go-round. Why is this? What are some moments from Inherit the Wind that back up his theory?
Essay Topic 3Analyze the final moment of Inherit the Wind, when Drummond balances both the Bible and Darwin's Origin of Species in his hands, finally leaving with both. Part 1) Why does Drummond weigh both books together? Part 2) When Drummond leaves, why does he leave with both books? Part 3) At the beginning of the play, do you feel he would have done the same? Why or why not?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)