|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
2. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
3. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
4. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
5. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brady and Drummond are the two main characters of the play, both fighting to win over the town and of course, their side of the case. Choose either Brady or Drummond and analyze the following.
Part 1) Describe this character based on what is said about him before he arrives in Hillsboro.
Part 2) Compare this image to who he is when he arrives.
Part 3) Analyze how and why he has changed by the time he departs.
Essay Topic 2
When Drummond is appointed "temporary Honorary Colonel" by the Mayor, Drummond is shocked to hear that his title will be permanent when the "right forms are signed". Drummond is troubled by this as he, like Brady, did not serve time in the military. Analyze why the Mayor's power to bestow this undeserved honor is significant to the story.
Essay Topic 3
Out of the following three characters, determine who you feel has the most to win or lose with Cates' court case and why. Back up your theory with specific examples from the text.
- Reverend Brown.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)