|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
2. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
3. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
Essay Topic 1
Brady mentions several cases that Drummond has worked on in the past. What are these cases? What do they say about Drummond's character as a man and as a lawyer?
Essay Topic 2
The small talk between the characters in Inherit the Wind is simple and mindless.
Part 1) What topics are discussed? Why?
Part 2) What topics are not discussed? Why?
Part 3) Why do you think the townspeople stick to safe topics? What might happen if real conversations started taking place?
Essay Topic 3
Out of the following three characters, determine who you feel has the most to win or lose with Cates' court case and why. Back up your theory with specific examples from the text.
- Reverend Brown.
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)