|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
2. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
3. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
4. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
5. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The judge assigns Cates the punishment to pay a fine of $100. Answer the following questions:
1) Is this the sentence Cates expects to receive?
2) What does the sentence reveal about the judge's feelings on the case?
3) Why does Cates still plan to appeal the verdict?
Essay Topic 2
When Brady comes to town, he does so with fanfare and promises. Analyze the following promises he made to people and whether or not he delivered.
Part 1) What does Brady promise Davenport? What does he promise the people of Hillsboro?
Part 2) Is it important for Brady to hold up his word? Why or why not? Cite examples from the text.
Part 3) When Brady does not hold up his word or fails at his promised outcome, how does this affect him? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Relationships are an important part of Inherit the Wind, as they show us how other characters treat one another. Choose one of the following relationships and explain what you have learned about the participants, based on their relationships with one another.
- Mr. and Mrs. Brady.
- Rachel and Reverend Brown.
- Rachel and Cates.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)