|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
2. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
3. Cates claims religion should be what?
4. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
5. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brady and Drummond are the two main characters of the play, both fighting to win over the town and of course, their side of the case. Choose either Brady or Drummond and analyze the following.
Part 1) Describe this character based on what is said about him before he arrives in Hillsboro.
Part 2) Compare this image to who he is when he arrives.
Part 3) Analyze how and why he has changed by the time he departs.
Essay Topic 2
Based on evidence from the play, explain the economic state of Hillsboro. Argue for or against the idea that religion is a significant form of commerce for Hillsboro. Cite specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Drummond states that his experience with the law is like being on a merry-go-round. Why is this? What are some moments from Inherit the Wind that back up his theory?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)