|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
2. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
3. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
Essay Topic 1
When Howard torments Melinda at the beginning of the play, she threatens to tell her father about Howard's ideas.
Part 1) What does Howard tell Melinda?
Part 2) Why is she scared of his ideas?
Part 3) When she threatens to tell her father, how does this parallel Rachel's relationship with her father?
Essay Topic 2
Based on the text, choose one of the following characters and analyze their personal relationship with God or religion.
- Reverend Brown.
Essay Topic 3
Brady mentions several cases that Drummond has worked on in the past. What are these cases? What do they say about Drummond's character as a man and as a lawyer?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)