|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
3. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
4. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
5. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on evidence from the play, explain the economic state of Hillsboro. Argue for or against the idea that religion is a significant form of commerce for Hillsboro. Cite specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Out of the following three characters, determine who you feel has the most to win or lose with Cates' court case and why. Back up your theory with specific examples from the text.
- Reverend Brown.
Essay Topic 3
When Howard torments Melinda at the beginning of the play, she threatens to tell her father about Howard's ideas.
Part 1) What does Howard tell Melinda?
Part 2) Why is she scared of his ideas?
Part 3) When she threatens to tell her father, how does this parallel Rachel's relationship with her father?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)