Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
2. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
3. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
Popular opinion shapes how Brady feels about himself throughout Inherit the Wind. Choose one of the following moments from the play and analyze how it helped or hurt Brady's self-confidence and why.
1) The way Brady was greeted when he arrived in town.
2) The time Brady served on the witness stand.
3) The speech Brady made on the radio, following the verdict.
Cates is on trial for breaking a law; teaching Darwinism in his classroom. In court, Drummond makes Cates' case about something different altogether.
Part 1) What does Drummond make Cates' case about?
Part 2) How does this angle change the outcome of the case?
Part 3) If Drummond had not changed the angle, do you believe Cates would have gone to jail? Why or why not?
When Drummond is appointed "temporary Honorary Colonel" by the Mayor, Drummond is shocked to hear that his title will be permanent when the "right forms are signed". Drummond is troubled by this as he, like Brady, did not serve time in the military. Analyze why the Mayor's power to bestow this undeserved honor is significant to the story.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)