Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
2. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
3. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
Essay Topic 1
Popular opinion shapes how Brady feels about himself throughout Inherit the Wind. Choose one of the following moments from the play and analyze how it helped or hurt Brady's self-confidence and why.
1) The way Brady was greeted when he arrived in town.
2) The time Brady served on the witness stand.
3) The speech Brady made on the radio, following the verdict.
Essay Topic 2
When Brady comes to town, he does so with fanfare and promises. Analyze the following promises he made to people and whether or not he delivered.
Part 1) What does Brady promise Davenport? What does he promise the people of Hillsboro?
Part 2) Is it important for Brady to hold up his word? Why or why not? Cite examples from the text.
Part 3) When Brady does not hold up his word or fails at his promised outcome, how does this affect him? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Cates is on trial for breaking a law; teaching Darwinism in his classroom. In court, Drummond makes Cates' case about something different altogether.
Part 1) What does Drummond make Cates' case about?
Part 2) How does this angle change the outcome of the case?
Part 3) If Drummond had not changed the angle, do you believe Cates would have gone to jail? Why or why not?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)