Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
2. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
3. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
Essay Topic 1
Out of the following three characters, determine who you feel has the most to win or lose with Cates' court case and why. Back up your theory with specific examples from the text.
- Reverend Brown.
Essay Topic 2
There are moments in Inherit the Wind where Drummond is referred to as the devil.
Part 1) How is the devil defined in this context?
Part 2) Who considers Drummond to be the devil?
Part 3) Do you agree with this nickname? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Brady mentions several cases that Drummond has worked on in the past. What are these cases? What do they say about Drummond's character as a man and as a lawyer?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)