|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
2. The judge is willing to hear an expert on what?
3. What type of believer does Drummond claim to be?
4. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
5. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Drummond states that his experience with the law is like being on a merry-go-round. Why is this? What are some moments from Inherit the Wind that back up his theory?
Essay Topic 2
Brady mentions several cases that Drummond has worked on in the past. What are these cases? What do they say about Drummond's character as a man and as a lawyer?
Essay Topic 3
Brady and Drummond are the two main characters of the play, both fighting to win over the town and of course, their side of the case. Choose either Brady or Drummond and analyze the following.
Part 1) Describe this character based on what is said about him before he arrives in Hillsboro.
Part 2) Compare this image to who he is when he arrives.
Part 3) Analyze how and why he has changed by the time he departs.
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)