|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
2. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
3. The judge is willing to hear an expert on what?
4. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
5. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hillsboro was a small town prior to the trial that took place. Write a brief essay on how Hillsboro has changed as a result of the trial.
Part 1) What is the town of Hillsboro like before the trial?
Part 2) How will the outcome of the trial affect the citizens and their way of thought?
Part 3) Do you foresee Hillsboro becoming famous as a result of the trial? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Out of the following three characters, determine who you feel has the most to win or lose with Cates' court case and why. Back up your theory with specific examples from the text.
- Reverend Brown.
Essay Topic 3
Choosing from one of the following, write an essay on how this character has changed throughout Inherit the Wind. Include who they were at the start of the play, the pivotal moment that changed them, and who they were by the end.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)