|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
2. Brady claims that Cates sees marriage as similar to what?
3. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
4. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
5. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the scene where Drummond gives Cates the option of backing out of the trial.
Part 1) Why does Cates choose to continue the trial?
Part 2) Is this the choice Drummond wants him to make? Why?
Part 3) Is this the choice Rachel wants him to make? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Hillsboro was a small town prior to the trial that took place. Write a brief essay on how Hillsboro has changed as a result of the trial.
Part 1) What is the town of Hillsboro like before the trial?
Part 2) How will the outcome of the trial affect the citizens and their way of thought?
Part 3) Do you foresee Hillsboro becoming famous as a result of the trial? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Based on the text, choose one of the following characters and analyze their personal relationship with God or religion.
- Reverend Brown.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)