|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
(a) "The devil don't run this town."
(b) "It's too heavy to take down."
(c) "Half the people can't read anyway."
(d) "We'll put up a sign for Cates' case, too."
2. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A new cell for the jail.
(b) A cross.
(c) A house.
(d) A prayer meeting platform.
3. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
(a) His vanity will get him in the end.
(b) He is the perfect representation of a monkey.
(c) He is on a path to self-destruction.
(d) He is behind the times.
4. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) Collected Works of William Shakespeare.
(d) Brady's Journal.
5. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(c) Any experts on Darwin.
(d) Drummond and his case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
2. The judge is willing to hear an expert on what?
3. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
4. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
5. What is Brady referencing when he says "Evil-ution"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)