|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The town square.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) The courthouse lawn.
2. What does Hornbeck say he is not?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A believer in Darwinism.
(c) A believer in God.
(d) An objective reporter of the facts.
3. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
(a) Scaring its followers.
(b) Controlling U.S. education.
(c) Recruiting new believers.
(d) Persecuting non-believers.
4. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
(a) The story of creation.
(b) The devil.
(c) Loving thy neighbor.
(d) The end of the world.
5. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) On time.
(b) When Brady is ready.
(c) Fifteen minutes late.
(d) Once the judge arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
2. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
3. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
4. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
5. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)