|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) A flock that requires guidance.
(b) In line for damnation.
(c) Desperate to believe.
(d) Fervent in their beliefs.
2. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(b) Reverend Brown.
3. What does the judge say is not on trial?
(a) The townspeople and their beliefs.
(b) The right to think.
(c) Rachel and her morals.
(d) Curiosity of the heavens.
4. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
(a) Hard-nosed criminals.
(b) Anyone against women.
(c) Anyone who opposes the Bible.
(d) Those who stand in his way.
5. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) Their ability to change.
(b) Their small town stubborness.
(c) That he will lose his case.
(d) That he will win his case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
2. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
3. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
4. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
5. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)