|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The courthouse lawn.
(b) Cates' jail cell.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) The town square.
2. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) Rachel, from the stage.
(c) Brady, as a guest.
(d) The crowd.
3. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
(c) The President.
(d) Reverend Brown.
4. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) Desperate to believe.
(b) In line for damnation.
(c) Fervent in their beliefs.
(d) A flock that requires guidance.
5. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
(a) Selling his soul to the devil.
(b) Moving far away from him.
(c) Ruining his chances for future elections.
(d) Bribing the judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
2. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
3. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
4. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
5. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)