|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
(c) The judge.
2. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
3. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) Collected Works of William Shakespeare.
(d) Brady's Journal.
4. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(c) Mrs. Brady.
(d) The Storekeeper.
5. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(a) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cates regard Rachel when she takes the stand?
2. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
3. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
4. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
5. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)