Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She thinks it is quite comical.
(b) She argues with him.
(c) She hopes it is true.
(d) She agrees with him.
2. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
3. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His passion.
(b) His height.
(c) His volume.
(d) His doctrine.
4. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
(c) Killing the messenger.
(d) Laundering money.
5. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His inability to spell it.
(b) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(c) The fact that he was a general.
(d) His lack of military service.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
2. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
3. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
4. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
5. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is evolution? What is the story of creation in the Bible?
2. Why does Rachel stand on the sidelines instead of participating in the prayer meeting?
3. How does the crowd react when Cates is found guilty? Is this a different outcome than expected?
4. How is the attentiveness to Brady's speech post-trial different from the other times he has spoken?
5. What is the purpose behind Brady asking if Drummond's suspenders are fashionable in Chicago?
6. When Bannister states that he wants the front seat in the jury box because "its going to be quite a show", what does this say about his opinion of the trial?
7. Why does Drummond object to the judge's announcement regarding the prayer meeting?
8. Brady says that Cates' "bigoted opinions" will not be forgotten by the community, even if they are removed from court record. What does this say about the power of ideas?
9. Although Cates lost, it is said that he won. Why?
10. Why does Drummond bring up horse racing while awaiting the verdict?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)