|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) Rachel's feelings about her.
(b) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
(c) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
(d) Whether she was holy.
2. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(b) Religious fervor.
(c) Media attention.
3. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(a) City council.
(d) Civil rights.
4. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His doctrine.
(b) His height.
(c) His volume.
(d) His passion.
5. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(a) A hotdog.
(c) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
2. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
3. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
4. If Cates apologizes, Drummond feels that Cates will be what?
5. What ability does Bannister lack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose behind Brady asking if Drummond's suspenders are fashionable in Chicago?
2. Why does Drummond take both the Bible and the Origin of Species when he leaves town?
3. Why do the workers choose to leave the "Read Your Bible" sign up on the courthouse? What does this signify?
4. At what point does Drummond accept Siller as a juror?
5. Why does Drummond call Brady to the stand to speak about the Bible?
6. Hornbeck says progress has made ordinary people obsolete. What is meant by this statement?
7. Why does Drummond protest the "Read Your Bible" sign?
8. Why does Drummond attempt to dismiss Dunlap without asking him any questions?
9. What does the presence of the radio man signify?
10. When Rachel visits Cates in jail, what does she urge him to do, and why?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)