|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
2. Brady claims that Cates sees marriage as similar to what?
(b) Being on trial.
(c) The breeding of animals.
(d) His jail cell.
3. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(c) The District Attorney.
(d) The mayor.
4. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A new cell for the jail.
(b) A house.
(c) A cross.
(d) A prayer meeting platform.
5. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(c) Something he has to report on.
(d) A show.
6. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
7. What does Mrs. Brady try to do for Mr. Brady prior to the prayer meeting?
(a) Encourage him.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Inspire him.
(d) Keep him warm.
8. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The townspeople.
9. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) Once the judge arrives.
(b) On time.
(c) When Brady is ready.
(d) Fifteen minutes late.
10. What type of believer does Drummond claim to be?
11. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
(a) Reverend Brown and Drummond.
(b) Brady and Reverend Brown.
(c) Rachel and Cates.
(d) Brady and Drummond.
12. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
(a) His vanity will get him in the end.
(b) He is behind the times.
(c) He is on a path to self-destruction.
(d) He is the perfect representation of a monkey.
13. What does Cates suggest Howard could become?
(a) A scientist.
(c) A Godless person.
14. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
(c) The whole town.
15. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(b) Mrs. Brady.
(d) The Storekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
2. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
3. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
4. Rachel is asked to give Cates' opinion on what?
5. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)