|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drummond asks Brady why God gives people the ability to what?
2. Who asks Reverend Brown to forgive Cates?
3. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(a) Teaching evolution.
(b) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
(c) Loving Rachel.
4. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(a) Diagrams for living.
(b) Great ideas.
(c) The works of the devil.
5. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
(a) Going to jail.
(b) For God.
(c) Against God.
(d) A free thinker.
6. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
7. Cates claims religion should be what?
8. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
9. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) The crowd.
(b) Brady, as a guest.
(c) Reverend Brown.
(d) Rachel, from the stage.
10. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) Fifteen minutes late.
(b) When Brady is ready.
(c) Once the judge arrives.
(d) On time.
11. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
12. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
(a) She found his presence immoral.
(b) Due to a sermon her father gave.
(c) He does not believe in God.
(d) The church did not like him.
13. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
14. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
15. What is Brady referencing when he says "Evil-ution"?
(c) Evil acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond asks Howard if he has committed what crime?
2. What does Drummond ask Brady about the Bible?
3. What book does Brady admit he has not read?
4. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)