|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brady claims that Cates sees marriage as similar to what?
(a) His jail cell.
(b) The breeding of animals.
(d) Being on trial.
2. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
3. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(c) No one.
4. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(a) Any experts on Darwin.
(c) Drummond and his case.
5. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
(a) She found his presence immoral.
(b) Due to a sermon her father gave.
(c) The church did not like him.
(d) He does not believe in God.
6. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
(a) The world was once thought flat.
(b) Every snowflake is different.
(c) Conformity is dulling.
(d) God created the universe.
7. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Stone them.
(b) Guide them.
(c) Love them.
(d) Curse them.
8. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
(a) He is the perfect representation of a monkey.
(b) He is on a path to self-destruction.
(c) He is behind the times.
(d) His vanity will get him in the end.
9. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
(a) A Pulitzer Prize seeker.
(b) A critic.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A silent observer.
10. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The town square.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) The courthouse lawn.
11. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
(a) Brady's Journal.
(b) Collected Works of William Shakespeare.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Origin of Species.
12. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
13. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
(a) Run Drummond out of town.
(b) Affirm their beliefs.
(c) Pray for Cates.
(d) Shun those who are against them.
14. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
(c) His daughter.
15. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
(a) A zoology professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brady define sex when questioned by Drummond?
2. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
3. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
5. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)