|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(a) Reverend Brown.
2. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Love them.
(b) Stone them.
(c) Guide them.
(d) Curse them.
3. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(a) Any experts on Darwin.
(b) Drummond and his case.
4. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
(a) Brady suggests the witness is in contempt.
(b) The topic is against the law.
(c) The topic is too sensitive.
(d) The judge does not like the witness.
5. What book does Brady admit he has not read?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The rules of the case.
(c) Much of anything.
(d) The Origin of Species.
6. Referencing the Bible, Brady claims the earth is how old?
(a) 5 million years.
(b) 10 million years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 6,000 years.
7. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The townspeople.
8. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
(a) The judge bars him from speaking.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He sides with Brady.
(d) He does not show up.
9. Drummond asks Brady why God gives people the ability to what?
10. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(a) Offering a hand to the weary.
(b) Judging thy neighbor.
(d) Hellfire and damnation.
11. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
12. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(b) The works of the devil.
(c) Great ideas.
(d) Diagrams for living.
13. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
(a) Those who stand in his way.
(b) Hard-nosed criminals.
(c) Anyone who opposes the Bible.
(d) Anyone against women.
14. What does Drummond ask Brady about the Bible?
(a) Whether it is affordable.
(b) Why more people don't read it.
(c) If it should be taken literally.
(d) If he likes reading it.
15. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
2. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
3. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
4. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)