|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rachel is asked to give Cates' opinion on what?
2. What does Mrs. Brady try to do for Mr. Brady prior to the prayer meeting?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Inspire him.
(c) Encourage him.
(d) Keep him warm.
3. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
(a) Pray for Cates.
(b) Run Drummond out of town.
(c) Shun those who are against them.
(d) Affirm their beliefs.
4. What book does Brady admit he has not read?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) Much of anything.
(c) The rules of the case.
(d) The Bible.
5. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
(a) Persecuting non-believers.
(b) Controlling U.S. education.
(c) Scaring its followers.
(d) Recruiting new believers.
6. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
7. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He does not show up.
(c) He sides with Brady.
(d) The judge bars him from speaking.
8. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
(a) A critic.
(b) A Pulitzer Prize seeker.
(c) A silent observer.
(d) A martyr.
9. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
(a) Going to jail.
(b) For God.
(c) Against God.
(d) A free thinker.
10. What type of believer does Drummond claim to be?
11. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
(c) A zoology professor.
12. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(a) The Storekeeper.
(c) Mrs. Brady.
13. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
(a) No one.
(c) Reverend Brown.
14. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
(d) The whole town.
15. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
(a) "The devil don't run this town."
(b) "Half the people can't read anyway."
(c) "We'll put up a sign for Cates' case, too."
(d) "It's too heavy to take down."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
3. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
4. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
5. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)