|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
(a) A Pulitzer Prize seeker.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A critic.
(d) A silent observer.
2. The judge is willing to hear an expert on what?
(d) The Bible.
3. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The townspeople.
4. Referencing the Bible, Brady claims the earth is how old?
(a) 10 million years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 6,000 years.
(d) 5 million years.
5. How does Cates regard Rachel when she takes the stand?
(a) He refuses to look at her.
(b) He blows her a kiss.
(c) With a hopeless expression.
(d) He winks at her.
6. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
7. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Reverend Brown.
8. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(b) Teaching evolution.
(c) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
(d) Loving Rachel.
9. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
(a) The President.
(b) Reverend Brown.
10. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Curse them.
(b) Guide them.
(c) Stone them.
(d) Love them.
11. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
(a) Anyone against women.
(b) Hard-nosed criminals.
(c) Those who stand in his way.
(d) Anyone who opposes the Bible.
12. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
(a) God created the universe.
(b) Every snowflake is different.
(c) Conformity is dulling.
(d) The world was once thought flat.
13. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(a) The one the school told him to.
(b) The World Brittanica.
(d) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
14. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
15. What book does Brady admit he has not read?
(a) The rules of the case.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Much of anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
2. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
3. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
4. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
5. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)