|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(a) Great ideas.
(c) Diagrams for living.
(d) The works of the devil.
2. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(b) The Storekeeper.
(c) Mrs. Brady.
3. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) A flock that requires guidance.
(b) In line for damnation.
(c) Fervent in their beliefs.
(d) Desperate to believe.
4. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) The crowd.
(b) Brady, as a guest.
(c) Rachel, from the stage.
(d) Reverend Brown.
5. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
(b) His daughter.
6. How does Cates regard Rachel when she takes the stand?
(a) He winks at her.
(b) He refuses to look at her.
(c) With a hopeless expression.
(d) He blows her a kiss.
7. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The District Attorney.
(c) Reverend Brown.
8. What is Brady referencing when he says "Evil-ution"?
(b) Evil acts.
9. What does Mrs. Brady try to do for Mr. Brady prior to the prayer meeting?
(a) Keep him warm.
(b) Inspire him.
(c) Encourage him.
(d) Feed him.
10. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
(a) He does not believe in God.
(b) Due to a sermon her father gave.
(c) She found his presence immoral.
(d) The church did not like him.
11. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
(a) Flaws in Genesis.
(c) The theory of evolution.
(d) Cates' opinion of the Bible.
12. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) That he will lose his case.
(b) Their ability to change.
(c) That he will win his case.
(d) Their small town stubborness.
13. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The townspeople.
14. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
(a) Brady and Reverend Brown.
(b) Rachel and Cates.
(c) Brady and Drummond.
(d) Reverend Brown and Drummond.
15. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
(a) Ruining his chances for future elections.
(b) Bribing the judge.
(c) Selling his soul to the devil.
(d) Moving far away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
2. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
3. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
4. When does the town prayer meeting start?
5. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)