|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(c) Any experts on Darwin.
(d) Drummond and his case.
2. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
(a) He does not believe in God.
(b) She found his presence immoral.
(c) Due to a sermon her father gave.
(d) The church did not like him.
3. What type of believer does Drummond claim to be?
4. Referencing the Bible, Brady claims the earth is how old?
(a) 10 million years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 5 million years.
(d) 6,000 years.
5. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
(a) Persecuting non-believers.
(b) Controlling U.S. education.
(c) Recruiting new believers.
(d) Scaring its followers.
6. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The courthouse lawn.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) The town square.
7. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
(a) The theory of evolution.
(b) Flaws in Genesis.
(c) Cates' opinion of the Bible.
8. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
(a) God created the universe.
(b) Conformity is dulling.
(c) The world was once thought flat.
(d) Every snowflake is different.
9. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
10. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
(a) Tractor and telephone.
(b) The Bible and his ink pen.
(c) Telegraph and postage stamps.
(d) Candy and apple pie.
11. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
(c) Reverend Brown.
(d) No one.
12. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
(a) Anyone against women.
(b) Anyone who opposes the Bible.
(c) Those who stand in his way.
(d) Hard-nosed criminals.
13. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(c) His mother.
14. Cates claims religion should be what?
15. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
2. What does Brady claim God can do to science?
3. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
4. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
5. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)