|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
(a) A zoology professor.
2. What type of believer does Drummond claim to be?
3. How does Brady define sex when questioned by Drummond?
(a) Inaccurate in the Bible.
(b) Necessary for procreation.
(c) Original sin.
(d) For those who are married.
4. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
(a) A waste of time.
5. What does Drummond ask Brady about the Bible?
(a) If he likes reading it.
(b) If it should be taken literally.
(c) Whether it is affordable.
(d) Why more people don't read it.
6. What does the judge say is not on trial?
(a) Rachel and her morals.
(b) The townspeople and their beliefs.
(c) Curiosity of the heavens.
(d) The right to think.
7. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) The crowd.
(c) Brady, as a guest.
(d) Rachel, from the stage.
8. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
(a) Ruining his chances for future elections.
(b) Bribing the judge.
(c) Moving far away from him.
(d) Selling his soul to the devil.
9. What does Brady claim God can do to science?
(a) Squash it.
(b) Control it.
(c) Cancel it.
(d) Teach through it.
10. What does Hornbeck say he is not?
(a) An objective reporter of the facts.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A believer in God.
(d) A believer in Darwinism.
11. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) When Brady is ready.
(b) Once the judge arrives.
(c) On time.
(d) Fifteen minutes late.
12. Cates claims religion should be what?
13. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) Their small town stubborness.
(b) That he will win his case.
(c) That he will lose his case.
(d) Their ability to change.
14. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(b) Loving Rachel.
(c) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
(d) Teaching evolution.
15. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
(d) The whole town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
2. Referencing the Bible, Brady claims the earth is how old?
3. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
4. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
5. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)