|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brady define sex when questioned by Drummond?
(a) For those who are married.
(b) Original sin.
(c) Necessary for procreation.
(d) Inaccurate in the Bible.
2. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) On time.
(b) Once the judge arrives.
(c) Fifteen minutes late.
(d) When Brady is ready.
3. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A house.
(b) A cross.
(c) A prayer meeting platform.
(d) A new cell for the jail.
4. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
(a) Tractor and telephone.
(b) Candy and apple pie.
(c) Telegraph and postage stamps.
(d) The Bible and his ink pen.
5. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
(a) The Bible.
(b) His terrible writing skills.
(c) The heat.
(d) The bias against him.
6. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
7. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(a) Offering a hand to the weary.
(b) Judging thy neighbor.
(d) Hellfire and damnation.
8. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(b) The World Brittanica.
(c) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
(d) The one the school told him to.
9. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
(a) The whole town.
10. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
(a) Brady and Reverend Brown.
(b) Brady and Drummond.
(c) Reverend Brown and Drummond.
(d) Rachel and Cates.
11. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The town square.
(c) The courthouse lawn.
(d) The courtroom.
12. Cates claims religion should be what?
13. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(a) Any experts on Darwin.
(d) Drummond and his case.
14. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
(d) The judge.
15. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
(a) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
2. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
3. What does Cates suggest Howard could become?
4. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
5. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)