|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(b) Judging thy neighbor.
(c) Hellfire and damnation.
(d) Offering a hand to the weary.
2. Referencing the Bible, Brady claims the earth is how old?
(a) 6,000 years.
(b) 10 million years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 5 million years.
3. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) When Brady is ready.
(b) Fifteen minutes late.
(c) Once the judge arrives.
(d) On time.
4. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(a) A show.
(b) Something he has to report on.
5. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
(a) Brady and Drummond.
(b) Brady and Reverend Brown.
(c) Rachel and Cates.
(d) Reverend Brown and Drummond.
6. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) The crowd.
(b) Brady, as a guest.
(c) Reverend Brown.
(d) Rachel, from the stage.
7. Drummond asks Brady why God gives people the ability to what?
8. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
9. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
(a) Controlling U.S. education.
(b) Scaring its followers.
(c) Recruiting new believers.
(d) Persecuting non-believers.
10. What does Brady claim God can do to science?
(a) Control it.
(b) Cancel it.
(c) Teach through it.
(d) Squash it.
11. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
(a) Shun those who are against them.
(b) Affirm their beliefs.
(c) Pray for Cates.
(d) Run Drummond out of town.
12. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(b) Mrs. Brady.
(d) The Storekeeper.
13. What is Brady referencing when he says "Evil-ution"?
(d) Evil acts.
14. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
(a) Hard-nosed criminals.
(b) Anyone against women.
(c) Those who stand in his way.
(d) Anyone who opposes the Bible.
15. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
(a) Due to a sermon her father gave.
(b) The church did not like him.
(c) She found his presence immoral.
(d) He does not believe in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
2. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. How does Cates regard Rachel when she takes the stand?
5. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)