Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) The mayor.
(d) Reverend Brown.
2. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
(a) Every snowflake is different.
(b) Conformity is dulling.
(c) God created the universe.
(d) The world was once thought flat.
3. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
(a) His mother.
(c) Reverend Brown.
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(b) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
(c) Loving Rachel.
(d) Teaching evolution.
6. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(a) Reverend Brown.
7. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
(b) Set the whole case up.
(c) Set the town back thirty years.
(d) Moved away by standing still.
8. What type of believer does Drummond claim to be?
9. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
(a) Flaws in Genesis.
(b) Cates' opinion of the Bible.
(c) The theory of evolution.
10. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(a) The World Brittanica.
(b) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
(d) The one the school told him to.
11. What does the judge say is not on trial?
(a) The right to think.
(b) Curiosity of the heavens.
(c) Rachel and her morals.
(d) The townspeople and their beliefs.
12. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
(a) His vanity will get him in the end.
(b) He is behind the times.
(c) He is the perfect representation of a monkey.
(d) He is on a path to self-destruction.
13. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(b) Judging thy neighbor.
(c) Hellfire and damnation.
(d) Offering a hand to the weary.
14. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The townspeople.
15. Brady claims that Cates sees marriage as similar to what?
(a) The breeding of animals.
(b) Being on trial.
(c) His jail cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
2. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
3. What does Drummond ask Brady about the Bible?
4. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)