|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
(a) Scaring its followers.
(b) Persecuting non-believers.
(c) Controlling U.S. education.
(d) Recruiting new believers.
2. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) That he will win his case.
(b) That he will lose his case.
(c) Their small town stubborness.
(d) Their ability to change.
3. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
(a) The topic is too sensitive.
(b) The judge does not like the witness.
(c) The topic is against the law.
(d) Brady suggests the witness is in contempt.
4. Who asks Reverend Brown to forgive Cates?
5. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
(b) His mother.
(c) Reverend Brown.
6. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
(a) Compassion for the poor.
(b) Desire to run for office.
(c) Lack of ambition.
(d) Different ideas.
7. The judge is willing to hear an expert on what?
(c) The Bible.
8. Referencing the Bible, Brady claims the earth is how old?
(a) 5 million years.
(b) 6,000 years.
(c) 10 million years.
(d) 100 years.
9. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
10. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(b) Hellfire and damnation.
(c) Judging thy neighbor.
(d) Offering a hand to the weary.
11. What does Hornbeck say he is not?
(a) A believer in Darwinism.
(b) An objective reporter of the facts.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A believer in God.
12. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
(d) The judge.
13. What does the judge say is not on trial?
(a) Rachel and her morals.
(b) Curiosity of the heavens.
(c) The right to think.
(d) The townspeople and their beliefs.
14. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
(d) His daughter.
15. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Curse them.
(b) Guide them.
(c) Love them.
(d) Stone them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
2. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
3. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
4. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
5. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)