|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(b) Reverend Brown.
2. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Set the whole case up.
(b) Moved away by standing still.
(c) Set the town back thirty years.
(d) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
3. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
(b) The whole town.
4. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) Brady, as a guest.
(c) The crowd.
(d) Rachel, from the stage.
5. Cates claims religion should be what?
6. What does Cates suggest Howard could become?
(b) A scientist.
(c) A Godless person.
7. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
(c) A waste of time.
8. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(a) Any experts on Darwin.
(c) Drummond and his case.
9. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
(b) The judge.
10. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
11. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
(a) No one.
(c) Reverend Brown.
12. Rachel is asked to give Cates' opinion on what?
13. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) Desperate to believe.
(b) In line for damnation.
(c) Fervent in their beliefs.
(d) A flock that requires guidance.
14. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
(b) His daughter.
15. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(c) A show.
(d) Something he has to report on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
2. What does the judge say is not on trial?
3. Brady claims that Cates sees marriage as similar to what?
4. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
5. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)