|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(a) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
(c) The one the school told him to.
(d) The World Brittanica.
2. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) Rachel, from the stage.
(b) Reverend Brown.
(c) Brady, as a guest.
(d) The crowd.
3. What book does Brady admit he has not read?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The rules of the case.
(c) The Origin of Species.
(d) Much of anything.
4. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) When Brady is ready.
(b) On time.
(c) Fifteen minutes late.
(d) Once the judge arrives.
5. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
(a) Selling his soul to the devil.
(b) Moving far away from him.
(c) Ruining his chances for future elections.
(d) Bribing the judge.
6. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
7. What does Drummond ask Brady about the Bible?
(a) If he likes reading it.
(b) Why more people don't read it.
(c) If it should be taken literally.
(d) Whether it is affordable.
8. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
(a) He is the perfect representation of a monkey.
(b) His vanity will get him in the end.
(c) He is on a path to self-destruction.
(d) He is behind the times.
9. Drummond asks Brady why God gives people the ability to what?
10. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The courtroom.
(b) The town square.
(c) The courthouse lawn.
(d) Cates' jail cell.
11. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) Collected Works of William Shakespeare.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Brady's Journal.
12. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
(a) A zoology professor.
13. Brady claims that Cates sees marriage as similar to what?
(a) Being on trial.
(b) His jail cell.
(c) The breeding of animals.
14. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
15. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(b) Diagrams for living.
(c) Great ideas.
(d) The works of the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
2. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
3. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
5. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)