|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(a) The works of the devil.
(c) Great ideas.
(d) Diagrams for living.
2. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(c) Any experts on Darwin.
(d) Drummond and his case.
3. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
4. How does Cates regard Rachel when she takes the stand?
(a) With a hopeless expression.
(b) He refuses to look at her.
(c) He blows her a kiss.
(d) He winks at her.
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(a) Teaching evolution.
(b) Loving Rachel.
(c) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
6. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Stone them.
(b) Curse them.
(c) Guide them.
(d) Love them.
7. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
(b) The President.
(d) Reverend Brown.
8. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) Desperate to believe.
(b) A flock that requires guidance.
(c) In line for damnation.
(d) Fervent in their beliefs.
9. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) Their small town stubborness.
(b) That he will win his case.
(c) That he will lose his case.
(d) Their ability to change.
10. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
(d) A waste of time.
11. Drummond asks Howard if he has committed what crime?
12. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
(b) Set the whole case up.
(c) Moved away by standing still.
(d) Set the town back thirty years.
13. What is Brady referencing when he says "Evil-ution"?
(d) Evil acts.
14. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
(a) The story of creation.
(b) Loving thy neighbor.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) The devil.
15. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(b) The mayor.
(c) The District Attorney.
(d) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. The judge is willing to hear an expert on what?
2. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
3. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
4. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
5. Who asks Reverend Brown to forgive Cates?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)