|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
(a) Recruiting new believers.
(b) Scaring its followers.
(c) Controlling U.S. education.
(d) Persecuting non-believers.
2. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
(a) Lack of ambition.
(b) Desire to run for office.
(c) Different ideas.
(d) Compassion for the poor.
3. What does Mrs. Brady try to do for Mr. Brady prior to the prayer meeting?
(a) Encourage him.
(b) Keep him warm.
(c) Inspire him.
(d) Feed him.
4. What is Brady referencing when he says "Evil-ution"?
(d) Evil acts.
5. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
(a) "It's too heavy to take down."
(b) "We'll put up a sign for Cates' case, too."
(c) "Half the people can't read anyway."
(d) "The devil don't run this town."
6. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
7. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(c) Reverend Brown.
8. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) Fervent in their beliefs.
(b) Desperate to believe.
(c) In line for damnation.
(d) A flock that requires guidance.
9. Drummond asks Howard if he has committed what crime?
10. Drummond asks Brady why God gives people the ability to what?
11. How does Brady define sex when questioned by Drummond?
(a) Necessary for procreation.
(b) Inaccurate in the Bible.
(c) For those who are married.
(d) Original sin.
12. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Set the town back thirty years.
(b) Set the whole case up.
(c) Moved away by standing still.
(d) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
13. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(b) The Storekeeper.
(d) Mrs. Brady.
14. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The townspeople.
15. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
(a) The judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
2. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
3. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
4. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
5. What type of believer does Drummond claim to be?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)