|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(a) The World Brittanica.
(b) The one the school told him to.
(d) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
2. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
(a) Due to a sermon her father gave.
(b) The church did not like him.
(c) He does not believe in God.
(d) She found his presence immoral.
3. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
(a) Hard-nosed criminals.
(b) Anyone who opposes the Bible.
(c) Those who stand in his way.
(d) Anyone against women.
4. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
(a) Cates' opinion of the Bible.
(b) The theory of evolution.
(c) Flaws in Genesis.
5. Rachel is asked to give Cates' opinion on what?
6. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Guide them.
(b) Stone them.
(c) Curse them.
(d) Love them.
7. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
(a) God created the universe.
(b) Conformity is dulling.
(c) Every snowflake is different.
(d) The world was once thought flat.
8. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
(a) He sides with Brady.
(b) He does not show up.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) The judge bars him from speaking.
9. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) Collected Works of William Shakespeare.
(c) Brady's Journal.
(d) The Bible.
10. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(b) A show.
(c) Something he has to report on.
11. The judge is willing to hear an expert on what?
(b) The Bible.
12. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The courthouse lawn.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) The town square.
(d) Cates' jail cell.
13. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
14. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
15. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(a) Loving Rachel.
(b) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
(c) Teaching evolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brady claim God can do to science?
2. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
3. Drummond asks Howard if he has committed what crime?
4. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
5. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)