|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cates claims religion should be what?
2. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He sides with Brady.
(c) He does not show up.
(d) The judge bars him from speaking.
3. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
(b) The judge.
4. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
(a) The President.
(d) Reverend Brown.
5. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
(a) A silent observer.
(b) A Pulitzer Prize seeker.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A critic.
6. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(b) Mrs. Brady.
(c) The Storekeeper.
7. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) Brady's Journal.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Collected Works of William Shakespeare.
8. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(a) A show.
(d) Something he has to report on.
9. Brady claims that Cates sees marriage as similar to what?
(a) Being on trial.
(c) The breeding of animals.
(d) His jail cell.
10. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
(a) He is on a path to self-destruction.
(b) His vanity will get him in the end.
(c) He is the perfect representation of a monkey.
(d) He is behind the times.
11. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
12. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
13. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
(b) His mother.
(c) Reverend Brown.
14. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
(a) The topic is too sensitive.
(b) The judge does not like the witness.
(c) Brady suggests the witness is in contempt.
(d) The topic is against the law.
15. What does Drummond ask Brady about the Bible?
(a) If he likes reading it.
(b) Why more people don't read it.
(c) If it should be taken literally.
(d) Whether it is affordable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
2. What does Hornbeck say he is not?
3. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
4. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
5. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)