|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) Brady, as a guest.
(c) Rachel, from the stage.
(d) The crowd.
2. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
3. Rachel is asked to give Cates' opinion on what?
4. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
(a) The topic is too sensitive.
(b) The judge does not like the witness.
(c) The topic is against the law.
(d) Brady suggests the witness is in contempt.
5. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
(a) The Bible and his ink pen.
(b) Tractor and telephone.
(c) Candy and apple pie.
(d) Telegraph and postage stamps.
6. What does Drummond ask Brady about the Bible?
(a) If it should be taken literally.
(b) Whether it is affordable.
(c) If he likes reading it.
(d) Why more people don't read it.
7. Drummond asks Howard if Cates taught him what?
(a) Conformity is dulling.
(b) Every snowflake is different.
(c) God created the universe.
(d) The world was once thought flat.
8. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
(c) Reverend Brown.
(d) His mother.
9. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
(a) Against God.
(b) Going to jail.
(c) For God.
(d) A free thinker.
10. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) The judge bars him from speaking.
(c) He does not show up.
(d) He sides with Brady.
11. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Moved away by standing still.
(b) Set the whole case up.
(c) Set the town back thirty years.
(d) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
12. What does Cates suggest Howard could become?
(c) A Godless person.
(d) A scientist.
13. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The courthouse lawn.
(b) Cates' jail cell.
(c) The town square.
(d) The courtroom.
14. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
(a) He is behind the times.
(b) His vanity will get him in the end.
(c) He is the perfect representation of a monkey.
(d) He is on a path to self-destruction.
15. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
(a) The theory of evolution.
(b) Cates' opinion of the Bible.
(d) Flaws in Genesis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
2. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
3. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
4. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
5. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)