|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(a) Offering a hand to the weary.
(b) Hellfire and damnation.
(d) Judging thy neighbor.
2. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
(a) For God.
(b) A free thinker.
(c) Going to jail.
(d) Against God.
3. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(a) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
(b) Teaching evolution.
(d) Loving Rachel.
4. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
(a) Ruining his chances for future elections.
(b) Selling his soul to the devil.
(c) Bribing the judge.
(d) Moving far away from him.
5. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
(a) Compassion for the poor.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(c) Desire to run for office.
(d) Different ideas.
6. What does Mrs. Brady try to do for Mr. Brady prior to the prayer meeting?
(a) Keep him warm.
(b) Encourage him.
(c) Inspire him.
(d) Feed him.
7. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(d) No one.
8. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(b) Diagrams for living.
(c) Great ideas.
(d) The works of the devil.
9. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The townspeople.
10. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
(a) A zoology professor.
11. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(a) A show.
(b) Something he has to report on.
12. Rachel is asked to give Cates' opinion on what?
13. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
(a) He is the perfect representation of a monkey.
(b) He is on a path to self-destruction.
(c) He is behind the times.
(d) His vanity will get him in the end.
14. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
(a) Brady suggests the witness is in contempt.
(b) The topic is too sensitive.
(c) The judge does not like the witness.
(d) The topic is against the law.
15. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(b) Mrs. Brady.
(c) The Storekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
2. What is Brady referencing when he says "Evil-ution"?
3. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
4. Cates claims religion should be what?
5. When does the town prayer meeting start?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)