|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
(c) His daughter.
2. How does Brady define sex when questioned by Drummond?
(a) Original sin.
(b) For those who are married.
(c) Necessary for procreation.
(d) Inaccurate in the Bible.
3. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
(a) Due to a sermon her father gave.
(b) The church did not like him.
(c) He does not believe in God.
(d) She found his presence immoral.
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
(c) His mother.
(d) Reverend Brown.
5. Who asks Reverend Brown to forgive Cates?
6. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
(a) Brady and Reverend Brown.
(b) Rachel and Cates.
(c) Brady and Drummond.
(d) Reverend Brown and Drummond.
7. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
(a) No one.
(d) Reverend Brown.
8. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
(c) The whole town.
9. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(a) Offering a hand to the weary.
(c) Hellfire and damnation.
(d) Judging thy neighbor.
10. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
(a) Brady's Journal.
(b) Collected Works of William Shakespeare.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Origin of Species.
11. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) Their ability to change.
(b) That he will win his case.
(c) That he will lose his case.
(d) Their small town stubborness.
12. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
13. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A prayer meeting platform.
(b) A new cell for the jail.
(c) A house.
(d) A cross.
14. Cates claims religion should be what?
15. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(b) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Brady referencing when he says "Evil-ution"?
3. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
4. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
5. Drummond asks Brady why God gives people the ability to what?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)