|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The judge is willing to hear an expert on what?
(b) The Bible.
2. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
(a) Controlling U.S. education.
(b) Persecuting non-believers.
(c) Scaring its followers.
(d) Recruiting new believers.
3. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
4. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) When Brady is ready.
(b) Once the judge arrives.
(c) Fifteen minutes late.
(d) On time.
5. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
(a) Bribing the judge.
(b) Moving far away from him.
(c) Ruining his chances for future elections.
(d) Selling his soul to the devil.
6. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(b) Diagrams for living.
(c) The works of the devil.
(d) Great ideas.
7. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
(a) He is on a path to self-destruction.
(b) He is behind the times.
(c) He is the perfect representation of a monkey.
(d) His vanity will get him in the end.
8. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
(a) She found his presence immoral.
(b) The church did not like him.
(c) He does not believe in God.
(d) Due to a sermon her father gave.
9. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
(a) The President.
(c) Reverend Brown.
10. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A prayer meeting platform.
(b) A house.
(c) A cross.
(d) A new cell for the jail.
11. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(a) Any experts on Darwin.
(b) Drummond and his case.
12. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(a) Mrs. Brady.
(c) The Storekeeper.
13. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
14. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) Reverend Brown.
(d) The mayor.
15. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(b) The one the school told him to.
(c) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
(d) The World Brittanica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
3. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
4. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
5. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)