|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
(a) That she was the devil.
(b) That her father was the devil.
(c) Talking to God.
(d) Falling off the Earth.
2. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(b) Many townspeople.
(c) The judge.
(d) No one.
3. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
(a) Reverend Brown.
4. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(a) Many townspeople.
(c) No one.
(d) The judge.
5. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Witnessing a crime.
(b) Fighting his brother.
(c) Looking for worms.
(d) Arguing with a monkey.
6. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His lack of military service.
(b) His inability to spell it.
(c) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(d) The fact that he was a general.
7. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
(a) Attention seeker.
8. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
9. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
(a) "Scared of his own shadow."
(b) "Hungry for power and reluctant to forgive."
(c) "The biggest man in the country."
(d) "A crusader for the wicked."
10. How is Brady's physicality described?
(a) Anemic, hunched over.
(b) Old, distinguished, powerful.
(c) Young, attractive, on fire.
(d) Gray, balding, paunchy.
11. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She hopes it is true.
(c) She thinks it is quite comical.
(d) She argues with him.
12. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
(a) He won't fall asleep.
(b) He is incredibly short.
(c) He has terrible vision.
(d) The trial will be a show.
13. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(b) He studies the Bible.
(c) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(d) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
14. Who does Rachel tell Drummond she is scared of?
(a) The monkey.
(d) Her father.
15. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) A worm.
(b) An ape.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A frog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
2. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
3. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
4. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
5. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)