|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
(a) Whether he believes in God.
(b) If he reads the Bible.
(c) How he is.
(d) If he loves his mother.
2. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(a) Bert Cates.
(c) Reverend Brown.
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(c) The Bible.
4. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
5. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
(c) The Bible.
6. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(c) Religious pamphlets.
(d) Fishing poles.
7. Where does Sillers work?
(a) School, with Cates.
(b) The railroad.
(c) The grocery.
(d) At a feed store.
8. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) A murderer.
(b) An adulterer.
(c) The monkey.
(d) That publishing company in Chicago.
9. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(a) Religious fervor.
(d) Media attention.
10. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(b) Whether he has committed a crime.
(c) If he even likes teaching.
(d) If Rachel loves him.
11. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
12. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
(b) Whether she was holy.
(c) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
(d) Rachel's feelings about her.
13. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Hillsboro Lake.
(b) Hillsboro Courthouse.
(c) The town square.
(d) Melinda's home.
14. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
(a) Talking to God.
(b) That her father was the devil.
(c) That she was the devil.
(d) Falling off the Earth.
15. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) The Storekeeper.
(d) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
2. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
3. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
4. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)