|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(d) Reverend Brown.
2. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Preachers from the South.
(b) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(c) A poacher from North Dakota.
(d) A serial killer from the North.
3. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) An ape.
(c) A worm.
(d) A frog.
4. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Lets her go.
(b) Chases her down and fights with her.
(c) Chases her down and hugs her.
(d) Chases her down and kisses her.
5. What ability does Bannister lack?
6. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The school board.
(b) The Chicago Times.
(c) The Baltimore Herald.
(d) The New Yorker.
7. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She argues with him.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She thinks it is quite comical.
(d) She hopes it is true.
8. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(b) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(c) He studies the Bible.
(d) He takes a penny from Melinda.
9. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His height.
(b) His volume.
(c) His passion.
(d) His doctrine.
10. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) Many townspeople.
(c) The judge.
(d) No one.
11. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(c) Reverend Brown.
(d) The Storekeeper.
12. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(b) "Old Time Religion."
(c) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(d) "America the Beautiful."
13. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His lack of military service.
(b) The fact that he was a general.
(c) His inability to spell it.
(d) His inabilily to pronounce it.
14. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
15. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(b) The judge.
(c) No one.
(d) Many townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
2. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
3. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
4. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
5. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)