|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) Pious older women.
(b) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(c) Fair and partial.
(d) Forward thinking intellects.
2. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Die from the cold.
(c) Become a preacher.
(d) Hang himself.
3. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) Drummond's home.
(c) The town square.
(d) The courtroom.
4. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(b) A hotdog.
(d) A Bible.
5. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
(a) Drummond wants to learn Brady's real name.
(b) It makes Brady sound heroic.
(c) It is hard to pronounce.
(d) Brady deserves something better.
6. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
(b) Reverend Brown.
7. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
(a) Temporary Honorary Colonel.
(b) Temporary Town Captain.
(c) Head Colonel.
(d) Head of State.
8. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(b) Many townspeople.
(c) No one.
(d) The judge.
9. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
(a) That her father was the devil.
(b) Talking to God.
(c) That she was the devil.
(d) Falling off the Earth.
10. What ability does Bannister lack?
11. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
(c) Mrs. Krebs.
(d) Mrs. Brady.
12. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) Bert Cates.
13. Where does Sillers work?
(a) School, with Cates.
(b) The grocery.
(c) At a feed store.
(d) The railroad.
14. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
15. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(a) The Gospel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
2. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
3. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
4. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
5. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)