|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Preachers from the South.
(b) A serial killer from the North.
(c) A poacher from North Dakota.
(d) Two child murderers in Chicago.
2. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Only for men.
(b) Unnecessary and confusing.
(c) Good on a hot day.
(d) Bad for business.
3. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
(b) The Bible.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The stars.
4. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
(c) The Bible.
5. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(a) The Gospel.
6. If Cates apologizes, Drummond feels that Cates will be what?
(a) Reinstated as a teacher.
7. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(a) Civil rights.
(b) City council.
8. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) Forward thinking intellects.
(b) Pious older women.
(c) Fair and partial.
(d) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
9. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
(a) Read his Bible.
(b) Defend Cates to his best ability.
(c) Call off the trial.
(d) Show some respect for her town.
10. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
(a) He loves serving on juries.
(b) He hates Cates.
(c) He's old.
(d) He's a church goer.
11. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A worm.
12. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(a) Stealing bibles.
(c) Vandalizing the church.
(d) Teaching evolution.
13. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(a) Many townspeople.
(c) The judge.
(d) No one.
14. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Brady or Bust."
(b) "Read Your Bible."
(c) "Down With Darwinism."
(d) "God's Men Don't Slither."
15. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(a) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
2. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
3. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
4. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
5. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)