|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The school board.
(b) The Chicago Times.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Baltimore Herald.
2. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
(c) Attention seeker.
3. What ability does Bannister lack?
4. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) Whether he has committed a crime.
(b) If Rachel loves him.
(c) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(d) If he even likes teaching.
5. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
(a) He's old.
(b) He loves serving on juries.
(c) He hates Cates.
(d) He's a church goer.
6. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and fights with her.
(b) Chases her down and kisses her.
(c) Chases her down and hugs her.
(d) Lets her go.
7. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
(a) Fair and partial.
(b) One that thinks alike.
(c) Ignorant farmers.
(d) One that is just like him.
8. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(a) Both sides.
(b) She will not be a witness.
9. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His inability to spell it.
(b) The fact that he was a general.
(c) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(d) His lack of military service.
10. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(a) Fishing poles.
(b) Religious pamphlets.
11. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) An old wives' tale.
12. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
(a) Reverend Brown.
13. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) An adulterer.
(b) That publishing company in Chicago.
(c) A murderer.
(d) The monkey.
14. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(a) Stealing bibles.
(c) Vandalizing the church.
(d) Teaching evolution.
15. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
2. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
3. If Cates apologizes, Drummond feels that Cates will be what?
4. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
5. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)