|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
(b) Religious parties.
2. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(c) City council.
(d) Civil rights.
3. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
(a) He will crack on the witness stand.
(b) He is a strong man.
(c) He loves her more than anything.
(d) He is fighting a losing battle.
4. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
(a) The trial will be a show.
(b) He is incredibly short.
(c) He has terrible vision.
(d) He won't fall asleep.
5. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
(d) Soldier of the Bible.
6. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The weather and the devil.
(b) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(c) The price of milk.
(d) Brady and public opinion.
7. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
(a) Whether he believes in God.
(b) How he is.
(c) If he loves his mother.
(d) If he reads the Bible.
8. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(b) His lack of military service.
(c) His inability to spell it.
(d) The fact that he was a general.
9. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
(c) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
(d) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
10. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
(a) Reverend Brown.
11. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) If Rachel loves him.
(b) Whether he has committed a crime.
(c) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(d) If he even likes teaching.
12. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
(a) He's old.
(b) He's a church goer.
(c) He loves serving on juries.
(d) He hates Cates.
13. What ability does Bannister lack?
14. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(c) The judge.
15. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) Whether she was holy.
(b) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
(c) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
(d) Rachel's feelings about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
2. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
3. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
4. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)