|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
2. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His passion.
(b) His height.
(c) His doctrine.
(d) His volume.
3. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) A snake.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The devil.
(d) Bert Cates.
4. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(a) Many townspeople.
(c) No one.
(d) The judge.
5. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
(c) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
(d) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
6. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
(a) One that is just like him.
(b) One that thinks alike.
(c) Fair and partial.
(d) Ignorant farmers.
7. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) Whether she was holy.
(b) Rachel's feelings about her.
(c) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
(d) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
8. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) An ape.
(b) A frog.
(c) A worm.
(d) A monkey.
9. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(b) Whether he has committed a crime.
(c) If he even likes teaching.
(d) If Rachel loves him.
10. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(a) A monkey.
(c) An old wives' tale.
11. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
(a) He loves her more than anything.
(b) He is fighting a losing battle.
(c) He is a strong man.
(d) He will crack on the witness stand.
12. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "God's Men Don't Slither."
(b) "Brady or Bust."
(c) "Read Your Bible."
(d) "Down With Darwinism."
13. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(b) A Bible.
(d) A hotdog.
14. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(d) The Bible.
15. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(a) "Old Time Religion."
(b) "America the Beautiful."
(c) "The Star Spangled Banner."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
2. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
3. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
4. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
5. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)