|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
2. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) If he even likes teaching.
(b) Whether he has committed a crime.
(c) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(d) If Rachel loves him.
3. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(c) The Storekeeper.
(d) Reverend Brown.
4. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(a) Stealing bibles.
(c) Vandalizing the church.
(d) Teaching evolution.
5. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
6. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(a) The judge.
(b) Many townspeople.
(d) No one.
7. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
(d) Religious parties.
8. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) That publishing company in Chicago.
(b) The monkey.
(c) A murderer.
(d) An adulterer.
9. Where does Sillers work?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The grocery.
(c) School, with Cates.
(d) At a feed store.
10. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
(b) The Bible.
11. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
12. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
(b) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
(d) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
13. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
(c) Reverend Brown.
14. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(a) Fishing poles.
(b) Religious pamphlets.
15. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(b) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(c) He studies the Bible.
(d) He takes a penny from Melinda.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
2. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
3. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
4. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
5. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)