|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(b) The fact that he was a general.
(c) His inability to spell it.
(d) His lack of military service.
2. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
3. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
(a) He is fighting a losing battle.
(b) He will crack on the witness stand.
(c) He is a strong man.
(d) He loves her more than anything.
4. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(a) "America the Beautiful."
(c) "Old Time Religion."
(d) "The Star Spangled Banner."
5. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
(a) It makes Brady sound heroic.
(b) Drummond wants to learn Brady's real name.
(c) It is hard to pronounce.
(d) Brady deserves something better.
6. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(c) Media attention.
(d) Religious fervor.
7. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(a) An old wives' tale.
(b) A monkey.
8. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His passion.
(b) His volume.
(c) His height.
(d) His doctrine.
9. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
(a) Religious parties.
10. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) Many townspeople.
(b) The judge.
(d) No one.
11. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
(a) Soldier of the Bible.
12. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(b) She will not be a witness.
(d) Both sides.
13. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The Bible.
(d) The stars.
14. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Become a preacher.
(d) Die from the cold.
15. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(a) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
2. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
3. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
5. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)