Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She thinks it is quite comical.
(b) She argues with him.
(c) She hopes it is true.
(d) She agrees with him.
2. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
3. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His passion.
(b) His height.
(c) His volume.
(d) His doctrine.
4. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
(c) Killing the messenger.
(d) Laundering money.
5. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His inability to spell it.
(b) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(c) The fact that he was a general.
(d) His lack of military service.
6. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Unnecessary and confusing.
(b) Bad for business.
(c) Only for men.
(d) Good on a hot day.
7. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(b) A serial killer from the North.
(c) Preachers from the South.
(d) A poacher from North Dakota.
8. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
(a) Falling off the Earth.
(b) Talking to God.
(c) That her father was the devil.
(d) That she was the devil.
9. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) The judge.
(b) No one.
(d) Many townspeople.
10. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
(a) He has terrible vision.
(b) The trial will be a show.
(c) He is incredibly short.
(d) He won't fall asleep.
11. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
(a) How he is.
(b) If he reads the Bible.
(c) Whether he believes in God.
(d) If he loves his mother.
12. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
(b) The Bible.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The stars.
13. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(d) Reverend Brown.
14. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) An ape.
(b) A worm.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A frog.
15. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(d) The judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
2. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
3. What is Cates unsure of?
4. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
5. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)