|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) Drummond's home.
(d) The town square.
2. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(a) City council.
(c) Civil rights.
3. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
(b) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
(c) Whether she was holy.
(d) Rachel's feelings about her.
4. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His doctrine.
(b) His height.
(c) His passion.
(d) His volume.
5. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Read Your Bible."
(b) "God's Men Don't Slither."
(c) "Brady or Bust."
(d) "Down With Darwinism."
6. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
(a) Drummond and Brady.
7. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. Who does Rachel tell Drummond she is scared of?
(a) Her father.
(d) The monkey.
9. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
10. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
11. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
(a) He loves her more than anything.
(b) He will crack on the witness stand.
(c) He is a strong man.
(d) He is fighting a losing battle.
12. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Hang himself.
(c) Die from the cold.
(d) Become a preacher.
13. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A worm.
(d) A bird.
14. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(a) Teaching evolution.
(c) Stealing bibles.
(d) Vandalizing the church.
15. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) An ape.
(b) A worm.
(c) A frog.
(d) A monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
2. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
3. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
4. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
5. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)