|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
(b) Drummond and Brady.
2. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
(b) Attention seeker.
3. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Read Your Bible."
(b) "Brady or Bust."
(c) "God's Men Don't Slither."
(d) "Down With Darwinism."
4. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His doctrine.
(b) His height.
(c) His passion.
(d) His volume.
5. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
(b) Reverend Brown.
6. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) The Chicago Times.
(c) The school board.
(d) The Baltimore Herald.
7. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Arguing with a monkey.
(b) Fighting his brother.
(c) Looking for worms.
(d) Witnessing a crime.
8. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
(a) Soldier of the Bible.
9. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(b) Both sides.
(d) She will not be a witness.
10. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
11. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(b) A poacher from North Dakota.
(c) A serial killer from the North.
(d) Preachers from the South.
12. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
(b) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
(d) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
13. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
(b) Laundering money.
(d) Killing the messenger.
14. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(a) City council.
(c) Civil rights.
15. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
(a) "The biggest man in the country."
(b) "A crusader for the wicked."
(c) "Scared of his own shadow."
(d) "Hungry for power and reluctant to forgive."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
2. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
3. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
4. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
5. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)