|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
(d) The Bible.
2. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(a) The judge.
(b) No one.
(d) Many townspeople.
3. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
(d) Religious parties.
4. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Preachers from the South.
(b) A poacher from North Dakota.
(c) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(d) A serial killer from the North.
5. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) The Storekeeper.
6. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(a) Civil rights.
(b) City council.
7. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(b) A Bible.
(c) A hotdog.
8. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
9. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A bird.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A dog.
(d) A worm.
10. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(c) Bert Cates.
11. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) Rachel's devotion to him.
(b) His desire to win.
(c) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(d) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
12. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
(a) If he loves his mother.
(b) If he reads the Bible.
(c) How he is.
(d) Whether he believes in God.
13. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
14. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and fights with her.
(b) Lets her go.
(c) Chases her down and kisses her.
(d) Chases her down and hugs her.
15. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
(b) Laundering money.
(c) Killing the messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
2. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
3. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
4. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
5. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)