|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(b) The fact that he was a general.
(c) His inability to spell it.
(d) His lack of military service.
2. Where does Sillers work?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The grocery.
(c) At a feed store.
(d) School, with Cates.
3. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) That publishing company in Chicago.
(b) The monkey.
(c) An adulterer.
(d) A murderer.
4. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(b) No one.
(c) Many townspeople.
(d) The judge.
5. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
(a) Laundering money.
(b) Killing the messenger.
6. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
7. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(c) City council.
(d) Civil rights.
8. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) No one.
(b) Many townspeople.
(d) The judge.
9. If Cates apologizes, Drummond feels that Cates will be what?
(d) Reinstated as a teacher.
10. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) Rachel's feelings about her.
(b) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
(c) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
(d) Whether she was holy.
11. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(a) Teaching evolution.
(b) Stealing bibles.
(c) Vandalizing the church.
12. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
(b) The Bible.
13. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
14. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
(a) Show some respect for her town.
(b) Defend Cates to his best ability.
(c) Read his Bible.
(d) Call off the trial.
15. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
3. What is Cates unsure of?
4. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
5. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)