|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(b) A hotdog.
(d) A Bible.
2. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(b) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(c) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(d) He studies the Bible.
3. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Hang himself.
(c) Die from the cold.
(d) Become a preacher.
4. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
5. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
6. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
(c) Soldier of the Bible.
7. Where does Sillers work?
(a) The railroad.
(b) At a feed store.
(c) The grocery.
(d) School, with Cates.
8. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(a) Reverend Brown.
9. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) The town square.
(b) Hillsboro Courthouse.
(c) Melinda's home.
(d) Hillsboro Lake.
10. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
(a) He has terrible vision.
(b) He won't fall asleep.
(c) He is incredibly short.
(d) The trial will be a show.
11. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
12. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A worm.
(c) A frog.
(d) An ape.
13. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She argues with him.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She hopes it is true.
(d) She thinks it is quite comical.
14. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(a) "America the Beautiful."
(c) "Old Time Religion."
(d) "The Star Spangled Banner."
15. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
(d) Attention seeker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
2. If Cates apologizes, Drummond feels that Cates will be what?
3. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
4. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
5. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)