|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(c) Bert Cates.
2. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
(a) Talking to God.
(b) That she was the devil.
(c) Falling off the Earth.
(d) That her father was the devil.
3. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
(c) The Bible.
4. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She argues with him.
(c) She hopes it is true.
(d) She thinks it is quite comical.
5. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His volume.
(b) His passion.
(c) His height.
(d) His doctrine.
6. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(a) The Bible.
7. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) Brady and public opinion.
(b) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(c) The weather and the devil.
(d) The price of milk.
8. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(a) Fishing poles.
(b) Religious pamphlets.
9. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(a) No one.
(c) The judge.
(d) Many townspeople.
10. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(b) City council.
(c) Civil rights.
11. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(b) A poacher from North Dakota.
(c) Preachers from the South.
(d) A serial killer from the North.
12. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
(a) How he is.
(b) Whether he believes in God.
(c) If he reads the Bible.
(d) If he loves his mother.
13. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) Whether she was holy.
(b) Rachel's feelings about her.
(c) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
(d) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
14. What ability does Bannister lack?
15. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
2. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
3. What type of jury does Brady want?
4. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
5. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)