|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His volume.
(b) His passion.
(c) His height.
(d) His doctrine.
2. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She hopes it is true.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She argues with him.
(d) She thinks it is quite comical.
3. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
4. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(b) City council.
(d) Civil rights.
5. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) An adulterer.
(b) The monkey.
(c) A murderer.
(d) That publishing company in Chicago.
6. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(b) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(c) His desire to win.
(d) Rachel's devotion to him.
7. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
8. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Lets her go.
(b) Chases her down and fights with her.
(c) Chases her down and kisses her.
(d) Chases her down and hugs her.
9. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
(a) Ignorant farmers.
(b) One that thinks alike.
(c) One that is just like him.
(d) Fair and partial.
10. What ability does Bannister lack?
11. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
(a) The stars.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The heavens.
12. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
(b) Whether she was holy.
(c) Rachel's feelings about her.
(d) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
13. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(c) The Gospel.
14. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(d) The Bible.
15. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(a) "Old Time Religion."
(c) "America the Beautiful."
(d) "The Star Spangled Banner."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
2. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
3. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
4. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
5. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)