|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
(a) Mrs. Krebs.
(d) Mrs. Brady.
2. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) A snake.
(b) The monkey.
(c) Bert Cates.
(d) The devil.
4. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
(a) A waste of time.
5. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
(d) A zoology professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the judge say is not on trial?
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
4. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
5. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)