|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
(a) Bribing the judge.
(b) Selling his soul to the devil.
(c) Moving far away from him.
(d) Ruining his chances for future elections.
2. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(b) The Gospel.
3. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) His desire to win.
(b) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(c) Rachel's devotion to him.
(d) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
4. What does Hornbeck do for Cates after the trial?
(a) Make him dinner.
(b) Pay his bail.
(c) Take his photograph for the article.
(d) Tear down the "Read Your Bible" sign.
5. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
(a) Lack of ambition.
(b) Compassion for the poor.
(c) Different ideas.
(d) Desire to run for office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
2. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
3. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
4. What does Cates suggest Howard could become?
5. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)