|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(b) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(c) His desire to win.
(d) Rachel's devotion to him.
2. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who does Rachel tell Drummond she is scared of?
(b) The monkey.
(d) Her father.
4. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
(a) It makes Brady sound heroic.
(b) Drummond wants to learn Brady's real name.
(c) Brady deserves something better.
(d) It is hard to pronounce.
5. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
(c) Religious parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
2. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
4. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
5. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)