|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She thinks it is quite comical.
(c) She hopes it is true.
(d) She argues with him.
2. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
3. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) An old wives' tale.
4. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) An ape.
(b) A worm.
(c) A frog.
(d) A monkey.
5. What does Hornbeck do for Cates after the trial?
(a) Make him dinner.
(b) Pay his bail.
(c) Tear down the "Read Your Bible" sign.
(d) Take his photograph for the article.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
2. What does Brady claim God can do to science?
3. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
4. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
5. Drummond accuses Hornbeck of what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)