|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(b) A monkey.
(d) An old wives' tale.
2. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
(a) Defend Cates to his best ability.
(b) Call off the trial.
(c) Show some respect for her town.
(d) Read his Bible.
3. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) The crowd.
(c) Brady, as a guest.
(d) Rachel, from the stage.
4. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Melinda's home.
(b) Hillsboro Lake.
(c) The town square.
(d) Hillsboro Courthouse.
5. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
3. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
4. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
5. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)