|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) The judge.
(c) Many townspeople.
(d) No one.
2. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(a) The Storekeeper.
(b) Mrs. Brady.
3. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(a) Bert Cates.
(c) Reverend Brown.
4. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) Pious older women.
(b) Fair and partial.
(c) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(d) Forward thinking intellects.
5. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(b) Judging thy neighbor.
(c) Hellfire and damnation.
(d) Offering a hand to the weary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
2. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
3. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
4. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
5. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)