|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
(a) He does not believe in God.
(b) She found his presence immoral.
(c) Due to a sermon her father gave.
(d) The church did not like him.
2. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
(d) His daughter.
3. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
(a) Persecuting non-believers.
(b) Controlling U.S. education.
(c) Scaring its followers.
(d) Recruiting new believers.
4. What does Brady claim God can do to science?
(a) Teach through it.
(b) Cancel it.
(c) Squash it.
(d) Control it.
5. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(a) Judging thy neighbor.
(b) Offering a hand to the weary.
(c) Hellfire and damnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cates suggest Howard could become?
2. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
3. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
4. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
5. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)