|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brady referencing when he says "Evil-ution"?
(c) Evil acts.
2. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
(a) Brady suggests the witness is in contempt.
(b) The topic is against the law.
(c) The judge does not like the witness.
(d) The topic is too sensitive.
3. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(a) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
(b) The World Brittanica.
(c) The one the school told him to.
4. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
(a) Head of State.
(b) Temporary Honorary Colonel.
(c) Temporary Town Captain.
(d) Head Colonel.
5. How does Cates regard Rachel when she takes the stand?
(a) With a hopeless expression.
(b) He refuses to look at her.
(c) He blows her a kiss.
(d) He winks at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
2. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
3. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
4. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)