|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(c) Bert Cates.
2. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Love them.
(b) Stone them.
(c) Guide them.
(d) Curse them.
3. Cates claims religion should be what?
4. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
(a) A critic.
(b) A Pulitzer Prize seeker.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A silent observer.
5. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(c) Fishing poles.
(d) Religious pamphlets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
2. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
3. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
4. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
5. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)