|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
(a) Pray for Cates.
(b) Run Drummond out of town.
(c) Affirm their beliefs.
(d) Shun those who are against them.
2. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Apologize for breaking the law.
(b) Beg pardon from the governor.
(c) Escape from jail.
(d) Continue preaching his piece.
3. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(a) The Storekeeper.
(c) Mrs. Brady.
4. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) The judge.
(c) No one.
(d) Many townspeople.
5. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(a) A Bible.
(d) A hotdog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
3. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
4. What book does Brady admit he has not read?
5. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)