|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(b) Teaching evolution.
(c) Loving Rachel.
(d) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
2. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
(a) Head of State.
(b) Temporary Honorary Colonel.
(c) Head Colonel.
(d) Temporary Town Captain.
3. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(a) Media attention.
(c) Religious fervor.
4. What does Brady claim God can do to science?
(a) Control it.
(b) Cancel it.
(c) Teach through it.
(d) Squash it.
5. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(a) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sillers work?
2. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
3. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
4. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)