|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) That publishing company in Chicago.
(b) An adulterer.
(c) The monkey.
(d) A murderer.
2. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
(a) Collected Works of William Shakespeare.
(b) Brady's Journal.
(c) The Origin of Species.
(d) The Bible.
3. Drummond asks Howard if he has committed what crime?
4. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(a) A monkey.
(c) An old wives' tale.
5. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(b) Something he has to report on.
(d) A show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
2. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
4. Who asks Reverend Brown to forgive Cates?
5. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)