|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The town square.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) The courthouse lawn.
(d) Cates' jail cell.
3. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
(b) Moved away by standing still.
(c) Set the whole case up.
(d) Set the town back thirty years.
4. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
(a) His terrible writing skills.
(b) The bias against him.
(c) The heat.
(d) The Bible.
5. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) Fifteen minutes late.
(b) On time.
(c) Once the judge arrives.
(d) When Brady is ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
2. What type of jury does Brady want?
3. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
4. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
5. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)