|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The town square.
(b) Cates' jail cell.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) The courthouse lawn.
2. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(a) A show.
(d) Something he has to report on.
3. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
(a) The story of creation.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) Loving thy neighbor.
(d) The devil.
4. What book does Drummond attempt to read out loud in court?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) Brady's Journal.
(c) Collected Works of William Shakespeare.
(d) The Bible.
5. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
(a) The bias against him.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The heat.
(d) His terrible writing skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
2. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
3. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
4. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
5. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)