|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Bad for business.
(b) Unnecessary and confusing.
(c) Only for men.
(d) Good on a hot day.
2. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
(a) "We'll put up a sign for Cates' case, too."
(b) "The devil don't run this town."
(c) "Half the people can't read anyway."
(d) "It's too heavy to take down."
3. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) If Rachel loves him.
(b) If he even likes teaching.
(c) Whether he has committed a crime.
(d) Whether Drummond is on his side.
4. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) Rachel's devotion to him.
(b) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(c) His desire to win.
(d) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
5. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
(a) He is incredibly short.
(b) The trial will be a show.
(c) He has terrible vision.
(d) He won't fall asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
2. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
3. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
4. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
5. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)