|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(a) The Bible.
2. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
(a) Loving thy neighbor.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) The devil.
(d) The story of creation.
3. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(c) Media attention.
(d) Religious fervor.
4. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
(a) Pray for Cates.
(b) Affirm their beliefs.
(c) Run Drummond out of town.
(d) Shun those who are against them.
5. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
(a) Desire to run for office.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(c) Different ideas.
(d) Compassion for the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
3. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
4. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
5. How is Brady's physicality described?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)