|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(b) The Gospel.
2. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
(a) "Hungry for power and reluctant to forgive."
(b) "The biggest man in the country."
(c) "Scared of his own shadow."
(d) "A crusader for the wicked."
3. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
(a) Reverend Brown and Drummond.
(b) Brady and Drummond.
(c) Rachel and Cates.
(d) Brady and Reverend Brown.
4. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
(a) Killing the messenger.
(b) Laundering money.
5. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is scheduled as Drummond's first witness?
2. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
3. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
4. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
5. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)