|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(b) The Bible.
2. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(a) No one.
(b) Many townspeople.
(c) The judge.
3. What does the judge say is not on trial?
(a) The townspeople and their beliefs.
(b) Rachel and her morals.
(c) The right to think.
(d) Curiosity of the heavens.
4. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(a) Reverend Brown.
5. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) Many townspeople.
(c) No one.
(d) The judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
2. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
3. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
4. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)