|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The Baltimore Herald.
(b) The Chicago Times.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The school board.
2. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(c) The Gospel.
3. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) On time.
(b) When Brady is ready.
(c) Fifteen minutes late.
(d) Once the judge arrives.
4. Referencing the Bible, Brady claims the earth is how old?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 10 million years.
(c) 5 million years.
(d) 6,000 years.
5. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Read Your Bible."
(b) "God's Men Don't Slither."
(c) "Down With Darwinism."
(d) "Brady or Bust."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
3. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
4. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
5. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)