|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
2. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(b) Brady and public opinion.
(c) The weather and the devil.
(d) The price of milk.
3. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(c) Bert Cates.
(d) Reverend Brown.
4. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
(b) Religious parties.
5. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
2. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
3. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
4. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
5. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)