|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cates claims religion should be what?
2. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
(a) Reverend Brown and Drummond.
(b) Brady and Drummond.
(c) Rachel and Cates.
(d) Brady and Reverend Brown.
3. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(b) He studies the Bible.
(c) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(d) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
4. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(a) The one the school told him to.
(b) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
(c) The World Brittanica.
5. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(b) Die from the cold.
(c) Hang himself.
(d) Become a preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
2. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
4. When does the town prayer meeting start?
5. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)