|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) The fact that he was a general.
(b) His inability to spell it.
(c) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(d) His lack of military service.
2. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) The story of creation.
(c) The devil.
(d) Loving thy neighbor.
3. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
(a) "The biggest man in the country."
(b) "Hungry for power and reluctant to forgive."
(c) "A crusader for the wicked."
(d) "Scared of his own shadow."
4. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
(a) Affirm their beliefs.
(b) Run Drummond out of town.
(c) Pray for Cates.
(d) Shun those who are against them.
5. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Guide them.
(b) Curse them.
(c) Stone them.
(d) Love them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
2. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
3. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
4. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
5. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)