|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(b) A monkey.
(d) An old wives' tale.
2. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The price of milk.
(b) Brady and public opinion.
(c) The weather and the devil.
(d) The innocence of Bert Cates.
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(b) The Bible.
4. Where does Sillers work?
(a) The grocery.
(b) The railroad.
(c) School, with Cates.
(d) At a feed store.
5. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The District Attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
2. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
3. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
5. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)