|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(a) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
(c) The one the school told him to.
(d) The World Brittanica.
2. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(b) Religious pamphlets.
(d) Fishing poles.
3. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Die from the cold.
(b) Become a preacher.
(c) Hang himself.
4. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(a) Religious fervor.
(c) Media attention.
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(a) Teaching evolution.
(b) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
(d) Loving Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
2. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
3. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
4. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
5. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)