|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Moved away by standing still.
(b) Set the town back thirty years.
(c) Set the whole case up.
(d) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
2. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(b) He studies the Bible.
(c) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(d) He takes a penny from Melinda.
3. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
(a) Soldier of the Bible.
4. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) Their ability to change.
(b) That he will lose his case.
(c) That he will win his case.
(d) Their small town stubborness.
5. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(a) "America the Beautiful."
(b) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(c) "Old Time Religion."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
2. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
3. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
4. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
5. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)