|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He studies the Bible.
(b) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(c) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(d) He takes a penny from Melinda.
2. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(a) Something he has to report on.
(b) A show.
3. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) The fact that he was a general.
(b) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(c) His lack of military service.
(d) His inability to spell it.
4. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(c) Reverend Brown.
5. What ability does Bannister lack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
2. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
3. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
4. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
5. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)