|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) Desperate to believe.
(b) In line for damnation.
(c) Fervent in their beliefs.
(d) A flock that requires guidance.
2. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
3. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
(a) Different ideas.
(b) Compassion for the poor.
(c) Lack of ambition.
(d) Desire to run for office.
4. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Preachers from the South.
(b) A serial killer from the North.
(c) A poacher from North Dakota.
(d) Two child murderers in Chicago.
5. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
(a) Brady and Reverend Brown.
(b) Rachel and Cates.
(c) Brady and Drummond.
(d) Reverend Brown and Drummond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
2. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
3. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
5. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)