|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(b) Rachel's devotion to him.
(c) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(d) His desire to win.
2. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
(d) The Bible.
4. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The school board.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Chicago Times.
(d) The Baltimore Herald.
5. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) A serial killer from the North.
(b) Preachers from the South.
(c) A poacher from North Dakota.
(d) Two child murderers in Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
2. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
3. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
4. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)