|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
(a) Falling off the Earth.
(b) That her father was the devil.
(c) Talking to God.
(d) That she was the devil.
2. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A dog.
(b) A worm.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A bird.
3. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) His desire to win.
(b) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(c) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(d) Rachel's devotion to him.
4. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
5. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
2. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
3. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
4. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
5. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)