|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(b) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(c) His desire to win.
(d) Rachel's devotion to him.
2. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) Rachel, from the stage.
(b) Brady, as a guest.
(c) Reverend Brown.
(d) The crowd.
3. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(b) Fair and partial.
(c) Pious older women.
(d) Forward thinking intellects.
4. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(b) A show.
(c) Something he has to report on.
5. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
2. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
3. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
4. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
5. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)