|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Die from the cold.
(c) Become a preacher.
2. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
3. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Hillsboro Courthouse.
(b) The town square.
(c) Melinda's home.
(d) Hillsboro Lake.
4. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
(a) Lack of ambition.
(b) Desire to run for office.
(c) Different ideas.
(d) Compassion for the poor.
5. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(a) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(b) "America the Beautiful."
(d) "Old Time Religion."
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
3. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
4. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
5. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)