|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(b) Brady and public opinion.
(c) The price of milk.
(d) The weather and the devil.
2. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) If he even likes teaching.
(b) Whether he has committed a crime.
(c) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(d) If Rachel loves him.
3. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(a) Media attention.
(c) Religious fervor.
4. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
(a) He is fighting a losing battle.
(b) He loves her more than anything.
(c) He is a strong man.
(d) He will crack on the witness stand.
5. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(b) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Cates apologizes, Drummond feels that Cates will be what?
2. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
5. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)