|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
(a) The devil.
(b) Loving thy neighbor.
(c) The story of creation.
(d) The end of the world.
2. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(b) Many townspeople.
(c) The judge.
(d) No one.
3. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(c) The Storekeeper.
4. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(b) The fact that he was a general.
(c) His inability to spell it.
(d) His lack of military service.
5. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(b) Become a preacher.
(c) Die from the cold.
(d) Hang himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
2. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
3. What is Cates unsure of?
4. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
5. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)