|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The courthouse lawn.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) Cates' jail cell.
(d) The town square.
2. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
(a) He's a church goer.
(b) He's old.
(c) He hates Cates.
(d) He loves serving on juries.
3. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(d) Bert Cates.
4. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(b) Both sides.
(c) She will not be a witness.
5. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The District Attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
2. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
3. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
4. What type of jury does Brady want?
5. Where does Sillers work?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)