|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
(c) The whole town.
2. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) If he even likes teaching.
(b) Whether he has committed a crime.
(c) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(d) If Rachel loves him.
3. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(c) Reverend Brown.
(d) The Storekeeper.
4. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(b) Civil rights.
(c) City council.
5. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Brady or Bust."
(b) "Down With Darwinism."
(c) "God's Men Don't Slither."
(d) "Read Your Bible."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
2. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
3. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
4. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
5. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)