|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He studies the Bible.
(b) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(c) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(d) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
2. Where does Sillers work?
(a) The grocery.
(b) School, with Cates.
(c) At a feed store.
(d) The railroad.
3. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Brady or Bust."
(b) "God's Men Don't Slither."
(c) "Down With Darwinism."
(d) "Read Your Bible."
4. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(b) The judge.
5. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
(a) Affirm their beliefs.
(b) Shun those who are against them.
(c) Run Drummond out of town.
(d) Pray for Cates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
2. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
3. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)