|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
(a) The whole town.
2. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) A flock that requires guidance.
(b) In line for damnation.
(c) Fervent in their beliefs.
(d) Desperate to believe.
3. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(a) Offering a hand to the weary.
(c) Hellfire and damnation.
(d) Judging thy neighbor.
4. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
(a) The story of creation.
(b) The devil.
(c) Loving thy neighbor.
(d) The end of the world.
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) The town square.
(d) The courthouse lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
2. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
3. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
4. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
5. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)