|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
(c) His daughter.
2. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
(a) Run Drummond out of town.
(b) Pray for Cates.
(c) Shun those who are against them.
(d) Affirm their beliefs.
4. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) Fervent in their beliefs.
(b) In line for damnation.
(c) A flock that requires guidance.
(d) Desperate to believe.
5. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(b) Preachers from the South.
(c) A serial killer from the North.
(d) A poacher from North Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
2. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
3. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
4. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
5. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)