|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(b) He studies the Bible.
(c) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(d) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
2. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) A murderer.
(b) The monkey.
(c) An adulterer.
(d) That publishing company in Chicago.
3. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A hotdog.
4. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
5. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(a) No one.
(b) Many townspeople.
(c) The judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brady's physicality described?
2. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
3. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
4. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
5. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)