|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Hillsboro Lake.
(b) Hillsboro Courthouse.
(c) The town square.
(d) Melinda's home.
2. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
(d) Drummond and Brady.
3. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(b) He studies the Bible.
(c) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(d) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
5. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
(c) Religious parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
2. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
3. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
4. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
5. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)