|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Looking for worms.
(b) Arguing with a monkey.
(c) Witnessing a crime.
(d) Fighting his brother.
2. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(c) An old wives' tale.
(d) A monkey.
3. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
(a) The stars.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The heavens.
4. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(b) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
(c) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
(d) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
5. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(b) Civil rights.
(d) City council.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
2. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
3. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
4. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
5. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)