|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) A frog.
(b) A worm.
(c) A monkey.
(d) An ape.
2. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His doctrine.
(b) His passion.
(c) His volume.
(d) His height.
3. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The Bible.
(d) The stars.
4. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
(c) Mrs. Krebs.
(d) Mrs. Brady.
5. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(b) Teaching evolution.
(c) Vandalizing the church.
(d) Stealing bibles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
2. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
3. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
4. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
5. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)