|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) A frog.
(b) An ape.
(c) A worm.
(d) A monkey.
2. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
(b) Attention seeker.
3. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Become a preacher.
(c) Hang himself.
(d) Die from the cold.
4. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
5. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) Brady and public opinion.
(b) The price of milk.
(c) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(d) The weather and the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
2. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
3. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
4. What is Cates unsure of?
5. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)