|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(a) "America the Beautiful."
(b) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(d) "Old Time Religion."
2. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(a) She will not be a witness.
(d) Both sides.
3. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) Pious older women.
(b) Fair and partial.
(c) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(d) Forward thinking intellects.
4. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A bird.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A dog.
(d) A worm.
5. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The Chicago Times.
(b) The school board.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Baltimore Herald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ability does Bannister lack?
2. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
3. If Cates apologizes, Drummond feels that Cates will be what?
4. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
5. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)