|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(a) Reverend Brown.
2. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) A snake.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The devil.
(d) Bert Cates.
3. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) The fact that he was a general.
(b) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(c) His lack of military service.
(d) His inability to spell it.
4. Where does Sillers work?
(a) The railroad.
(b) School, with Cates.
(c) The grocery.
(d) At a feed store.
5. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(b) Media attention.
(c) Religious fervor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
2. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
3. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
4. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
5. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)