|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
(a) If he loves his mother.
(b) How he is.
(c) If he reads the Bible.
(d) Whether he believes in God.
2. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A dog.
(b) A worm.
(c) A bird.
(d) A monkey.
3. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
(a) He's old.
(b) He's a church goer.
(c) He loves serving on juries.
(d) He hates Cates.
4. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(b) Reverend Brown.
5. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The Chicago Times.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Baltimore Herald.
(d) The school board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sillers work?
2. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
3. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
4. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
5. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)