|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) A worm.
(b) A frog.
(c) A monkey.
(d) An ape.
2. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(b) Reverend Brown.
3. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
(b) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
(d) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
4. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) An adulterer.
(b) A murderer.
(c) The monkey.
(d) That publishing company in Chicago.
5. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(a) Both sides.
(b) She will not be a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
2. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
3. Where does Sillers work?
4. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
5. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)