|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(a) Fishing poles.
(d) Religious pamphlets.
2. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(d) The Gospel.
3. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
(a) Reverend Brown.
4. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His lack of military service.
(b) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(c) His inability to spell it.
(d) The fact that he was a general.
5. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(c) Both sides.
(d) She will not be a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
2. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
3. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
4. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
5. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)