|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brady's physicality described?
(a) Young, attractive, on fire.
(b) Anemic, hunched over.
(c) Gray, balding, paunchy.
(d) Old, distinguished, powerful.
2. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Apologize for breaking the law.
(b) Beg pardon from the governor.
(c) Continue preaching his piece.
(d) Escape from jail.
3. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(b) A hotdog.
(c) A Bible.
4. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
(b) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
(d) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
5. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(c) City council.
(d) Civil rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
2. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
3. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
4. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
5. What is Cates unsure of?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)