|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) A snake.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The devil.
(d) Bert Cates.
2. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Beg pardon from the governor.
(b) Apologize for breaking the law.
(c) Escape from jail.
(d) Continue preaching his piece.
3. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) The Storekeeper.
(d) Reverend Brown.
4. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) No one.
(b) Many townspeople.
(c) The judge.
5. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Good on a hot day.
(b) Only for men.
(c) Bad for business.
(d) Unnecessary and confusing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
2. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
3. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
4. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
5. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)