|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) A snake.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The devil.
(d) Bert Cates.
2. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His volume.
(b) His passion.
(c) His height.
(d) His doctrine.
3. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) The fact that he was a general.
(b) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(c) His inability to spell it.
(d) His lack of military service.
5. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
(a) Mrs. Brady.
(d) Mrs. Krebs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
2. How is Brady's physicality described?
3. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
4. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)