|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) Forward thinking intellects.
(b) Pious older women.
(c) Fair and partial.
(d) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
2. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
3. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Brady or Bust."
(b) "Down With Darwinism."
(c) "Read Your Bible."
(d) "God's Men Don't Slither."
4. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) A murderer.
(b) An adulterer.
(c) That publishing company in Chicago.
(d) The monkey.
5. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(c) Both sides.
(d) She will not be a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
2. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
3. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
4. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
5. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)