|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(c) The Storekeeper.
(d) Reverend Brown.
2. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) The town square.
(b) Hillsboro Lake.
(c) Hillsboro Courthouse.
(d) Melinda's home.
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(c) The Gospel.
4. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(c) A monkey.
(d) An old wives' tale.
5. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
(b) Drummond and Brady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
2. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
3. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
4. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
5. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)