|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
2. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(b) Many townspeople.
(c) No one.
(d) The judge.
3. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
4. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(b) The weather and the devil.
(c) The price of milk.
(d) Brady and public opinion.
5. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His volume.
(b) His height.
(c) His doctrine.
(d) His passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
2. What type of jury does Brady want?
3. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
4. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
5. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)