|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
2. Where does Sillers work?
(a) At a feed store.
(b) The grocery.
(c) School, with Cates.
(d) The railroad.
3. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) Whether she was holy.
(b) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
(c) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
(d) Rachel's feelings about her.
4. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(b) He studies the Bible.
(c) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(d) He takes a penny from Melinda.
5. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Brady or Bust."
(b) "Down With Darwinism."
(c) "God's Men Don't Slither."
(d) "Read Your Bible."
Short Answer Questions
1. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
2. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
3. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
4. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
5. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)