|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) Brady and public opinion.
(b) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(c) The price of milk.
(d) The weather and the devil.
3. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
(a) The judge.
(b) No one.
(c) Many townspeople.
4. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) Drummond's home.
(c) The town square.
(d) The courtroom.
5. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Escape from jail.
(b) Continue preaching his piece.
(c) Beg pardon from the governor.
(d) Apologize for breaking the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
2. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
3. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
4. What is Cates unsure of?
5. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)