|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
(a) Head Colonel.
(b) Head of State.
(c) Temporary Town Captain.
(d) Temporary Honorary Colonel.
2. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
(a) He is fighting a losing battle.
(b) He is a strong man.
(c) He loves her more than anything.
(d) He will crack on the witness stand.
3. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Die from the cold.
(b) Hang himself.
(c) Become a preacher.
4. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Apologize for breaking the law.
(b) Beg pardon from the governor.
(c) Continue preaching his piece.
(d) Escape from jail.
5. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(a) Bert Cates.
(d) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
2. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
3. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
4. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
5. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)