|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A worm.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
2. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(b) A hotdog.
(d) A Bible.
3. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) The monkey.
(b) The devil.
(c) A snake.
(d) Bert Cates.
4. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
5. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Hillsboro Lake.
(b) Melinda's home.
(c) The town square.
(d) Hillsboro Courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
3. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
4. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
5. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)