|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The school board.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Baltimore Herald.
(d) The Chicago Times.
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
(c) Reverend Brown.
3. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
(b) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
(c) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
4. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) The town square.
(b) Hillsboro Courthouse.
(c) Melinda's home.
(d) Hillsboro Lake.
5. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
(a) Mrs. Brady.
(d) Mrs. Krebs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
2. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
3. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
4. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
5. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)