|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A worm.
(b) A dog.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A bird.
2. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and fights with her.
(b) Chases her down and kisses her.
(c) Lets her go.
(d) Chases her down and hugs her.
3. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(b) He studies the Bible.
(c) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(d) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
4. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The weather and the devil.
(b) Brady and public opinion.
(c) The price of milk.
(d) The innocence of Bert Cates.
5. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(a) Media attention.
(b) Religious fervor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
2. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
3. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
4. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
5. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)