|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(c) The Storekeeper.
2. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and hugs her.
(b) Lets her go.
(c) Chases her down and kisses her.
(d) Chases her down and fights with her.
3. How is Brady's physicality described?
(a) Gray, balding, paunchy.
(b) Young, attractive, on fire.
(c) Old, distinguished, powerful.
(d) Anemic, hunched over.
4. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Bad for business.
(b) Unnecessary and confusing.
(c) Only for men.
(d) Good on a hot day.
5. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(a) Religious fervor.
(d) Media attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
2. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
3. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
4. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
5. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)