|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brady's physicality described?
(a) Young, attractive, on fire.
(b) Old, distinguished, powerful.
(c) Gray, balding, paunchy.
(d) Anemic, hunched over.
2. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Hillsboro Courthouse.
(b) Hillsboro Lake.
(c) Melinda's home.
(d) The town square.
3. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Looking for worms.
(b) Arguing with a monkey.
(c) Witnessing a crime.
(d) Fighting his brother.
4. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(c) Reverend Brown.
(d) The Storekeeper.
5. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(b) Preachers from the South.
(c) A serial killer from the North.
(d) A poacher from North Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
2. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
3. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
4. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
5. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)