|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
(a) The heavens.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The stars.
2. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) A snake.
(b) Bert Cates.
(c) The devil.
(d) The monkey.
3. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The weather and the devil.
(b) Brady and public opinion.
(c) The price of milk.
(d) The innocence of Bert Cates.
4. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A worm.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
5. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Fighting his brother.
(b) Witnessing a crime.
(c) Arguing with a monkey.
(d) Looking for worms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
2. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
3. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
4. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
5. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)