|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(b) "Old Time Religion."
(c) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(d) "America the Beautiful."
2. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A frog.
(c) An ape.
(d) A worm.
3. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Lets her go.
(b) Chases her down and fights with her.
(c) Chases her down and hugs her.
(d) Chases her down and kisses her.
4. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The Baltimore Herald.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The school board.
(d) The Chicago Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
3. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
4. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
5. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)