|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
(b) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
(d) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
2. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
(a) "The biggest man in the country."
(b) "Hungry for power and reluctant to forgive."
(c) "Scared of his own shadow."
(d) "A crusader for the wicked."
3. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Unnecessary and confusing.
(b) Only for men.
(c) Bad for business.
(d) Good on a hot day.
4. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(a) The Bible.
5. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) Preachers from the South.
(b) A serial killer from the North.
(c) A poacher from North Dakota.
(d) Two child murderers in Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
2. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
4. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
5. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)