|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) Bert Cates.
(b) The devil.
(c) The monkey.
(d) A snake.
2. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(d) Reverend Brown.
3. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The weather and the devil.
(b) Brady and public opinion.
(c) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(d) The price of milk.
4. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) A serial killer from the North.
(b) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(c) A poacher from North Dakota.
(d) Preachers from the South.
5. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
2. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
3. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
4. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
5. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)