|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) An ape.
(b) A worm.
(c) A frog.
(d) A monkey.
2. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Bad for business.
(b) Unnecessary and confusing.
(c) Good on a hot day.
(d) Only for men.
3. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Lets her go.
(b) Chases her down and hugs her.
(c) Chases her down and kisses her.
(d) Chases her down and fights with her.
4. How is Brady's physicality described?
(a) Old, distinguished, powerful.
(b) Gray, balding, paunchy.
(c) Young, attractive, on fire.
(d) Anemic, hunched over.
5. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(b) Religious pamphlets.
(c) Fishing poles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
3. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
4. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
5. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)