|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Beg pardon from the governor.
(b) Escape from jail.
(c) Continue preaching his piece.
(d) Apologize for breaking the law.
2. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(a) Teaching evolution.
(c) Stealing bibles.
(d) Vandalizing the church.
3. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
(a) "The biggest man in the country."
(b) "Hungry for power and reluctant to forgive."
(c) "Scared of his own shadow."
(d) "A crusader for the wicked."
4. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
5. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(c) The Storekeeper.
(d) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
2. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
3. How is Brady's physicality described?
4. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
5. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)