|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She hopes it is true.
(b) She thinks it is quite comical.
(c) She argues with him.
(d) She agrees with him.
2. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
(b) Mrs. Krebs.
(d) Mrs. Brady.
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(c) The Gospel.
4. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A worm.
(c) An ape.
(d) A frog.
5. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(c) Religious pamphlets.
(d) Fishing poles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
2. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
3. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
4. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
5. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)