|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(b) The Storekeeper.
(c) Reverend Brown.
2. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(d) The Gospel.
3. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(a) Reverend Brown.
4. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Lets her go.
(b) Chases her down and kisses her.
(c) Chases her down and hugs her.
(d) Chases her down and fights with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
2. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
3. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
4. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
5. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)