|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) An ape.
(b) A frog.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A worm.
2. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(b) Religious fervor.
(d) Media attention.
3. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His doctrine.
(b) His volume.
(c) His height.
(d) His passion.
4. How is Brady's physicality described?
(a) Old, distinguished, powerful.
(b) Young, attractive, on fire.
(c) Gray, balding, paunchy.
(d) Anemic, hunched over.
5. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Looking for worms.
(b) Fighting his brother.
(c) Witnessing a crime.
(d) Arguing with a monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
2. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
3. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
4. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
5. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)