|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(d) The Gospel.
2. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(b) Religious fervor.
(c) Media attention.
3. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) A poacher from North Dakota.
(b) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(c) Preachers from the South.
(d) A serial killer from the North.
4. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She argues with him.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She thinks it is quite comical.
(d) She hopes it is true.
5. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(d) The Storekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
2. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
4. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
5. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)