|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
2. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(c) The Gospel.
3. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She thinks it is quite comical.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She argues with him.
(d) She hopes it is true.
4. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
(b) The stars.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The Bible.
5. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
(b) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
(c) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
2. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
3. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
4. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
5. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)