|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She hopes it is true.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She thinks it is quite comical.
(d) She argues with him.
2. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
(d) Soldier of the Bible.
3. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(a) Fishing poles.
(d) Religious pamphlets.
4. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(b) A Bible.
(c) A hotdog.
5. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Lets her go.
(b) Chases her down and hugs her.
(c) Chases her down and fights with her.
(d) Chases her down and kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
2. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
3. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
4. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
5. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)