|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Continue preaching his piece.
(b) Beg pardon from the governor.
(c) Apologize for breaking the law.
(d) Escape from jail.
2. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
3. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
4. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The price of milk.
(b) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(c) Brady and public opinion.
(d) The weather and the devil.
5. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
(b) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
(c) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
2. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
3. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
4. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
5. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)