|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(b) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
(c) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
(d) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
2. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Hillsboro Lake.
(b) The town square.
(c) Melinda's home.
(d) Hillsboro Courthouse.
3. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A worm.
4. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She hopes it is true.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She thinks it is quite comical.
(d) She argues with him.
5. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Good on a hot day.
(b) Bad for business.
(c) Unnecessary and confusing.
(d) Only for men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
2. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
3. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
4. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
5. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)