|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) Bert Cates.
(b) A snake.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The devil.
2. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
3. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Arguing with a monkey.
(b) Looking for worms.
(c) Witnessing a crime.
(d) Fighting his brother.
4. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and kisses her.
(b) Lets her go.
(c) Chases her down and fights with her.
(d) Chases her down and hugs her.
5. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(a) Vandalizing the church.
(b) Teaching evolution.
(d) Stealing bibles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
2. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
3. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
4. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
5. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)