|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
(a) A worm.
(b) A frog.
(c) A monkey.
(d) An ape.
2. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(b) Vandalizing the church.
(c) Teaching evolution.
(d) Stealing bibles.
3. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
(c) Mrs. Brady.
(d) Mrs. Krebs.
4. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) The Storekeeper.
5. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
(a) Soldier of the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
2. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
3. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
4. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
5. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)