|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
2. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) The Storekeeper.
(b) Reverend Brown.
3. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and fights with her.
(b) Lets her go.
(c) Chases her down and kisses her.
(d) Chases her down and hugs her.
4. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The school board.
(b) The Chicago Times.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Baltimore Herald.
5. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
(a) She thinks it is quite comical.
(b) She argues with him.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She hopes it is true.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
2. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
3. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
4. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
5. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)