|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) Bert Cates.
(b) The devil.
(c) A snake.
(d) The monkey.
2. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
(a) A poacher from North Dakota.
(b) Two child murderers in Chicago.
(c) Preachers from the South.
(d) A serial killer from the North.
3. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
(a) His volume.
(b) His height.
(c) His doctrine.
(d) His passion.
4. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(b) Reverend Brown.
5. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Lets her go.
(b) Chases her down and fights with her.
(c) Chases her down and hugs her.
(d) Chases her down and kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
3. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
4. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
5. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)