Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) If he even likes teaching.
(b) Whether he has committed a crime.
(c) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(d) If Rachel loves him.
2. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) The townspeople.
3. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
(a) It makes Brady sound heroic.
(b) It is hard to pronounce.
(c) Drummond wants to learn Brady's real name.
(d) Brady deserves something better.
4. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
(a) Talking to God.
(b) That her father was the devil.
(c) That she was the devil.
(d) Falling off the Earth.
5. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(b) Rachel's devotion to him.
(c) His desire to win.
(d) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
2. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
3. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
4. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
5. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)