Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(b) A hotdog.
(c) A Bible.
2. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(d) Bert Cates.
3. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(b) Religious pamphlets.
(c) Fishing poles.
5. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The Baltimore Herald.
(b) The school board.
(c) The Chicago Times.
(d) The New Yorker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
2. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
3. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
4. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
5. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)