|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
(a) Ruining his chances for future elections.
(b) Moving far away from him.
(c) Bribing the judge.
(d) Selling his soul to the devil.
2. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) The monkey.
(b) A murderer.
(c) That publishing company in Chicago.
(d) An adulterer.
3. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
(a) Teaching evolution.
(b) Loving Rachel.
(c) Choosing to speak what he thinks.
4. Why is Cates confused following the trial?
(a) No one has cuffed him.
(b) Rachel is not present.
(c) No one has congratulated him.
(d) He does not know if he won.
5. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Fighting his brother.
(b) Arguing with a monkey.
(c) Witnessing a crime.
(d) Looking for worms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
2. What does the judge say is not on trial?
3. What is the mayor worried about in regards to the verdict?
4. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
5. Rachel is asked to give Cates' opinion on what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)