|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Witnessing a crime.
(b) Arguing with a monkey.
(c) Fighting his brother.
(d) Looking for worms.
2. How does the crowd respond during Brady's radio speech?
(a) With cheers.
(b) They do not really listen.
(c) They boo.
(d) They are silent, but attentive.
3. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(a) City council.
(c) Civil rights.
4. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(a) The works of the devil.
(c) Great ideas.
(d) Diagrams for living.
5. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(a) Something he has to report on.
(b) A show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
2. What is the mayor worried about in regards to the verdict?
3. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
4. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
5. Who asks Reverend Brown to forgive Cates?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)