|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A prayer meeting platform.
(b) A new cell for the jail.
(c) A house.
(d) A cross.
2. Who asks Reverend Brown to forgive Cates?
3. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) Fifteen minutes late.
(b) On time.
(c) Once the judge arrives.
(d) When Brady is ready.
4. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) No one.
(b) Many townspeople.
(d) The judge.
5. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
(a) Those who stand in his way.
(b) Hard-nosed criminals.
(c) Anyone who opposes the Bible.
(d) Anyone against women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
2. Cates claims religion should be what?
3. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
4. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
5. Drummond believes Cates is really on trial for what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)