|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) Their ability to change.
(b) That he will lose his case.
(c) Their small town stubborness.
(d) That he will win his case.
2. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(b) Both sides.
(c) She will not be a witness.
3. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(b) Become a preacher.
(c) Die from the cold.
(d) Hang himself.
4. Following the trial, what does Rachel vow to do to her father?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Confront him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Respect him.
5. How is Brady's physicality described?
(a) Anemic, hunched over.
(b) Old, distinguished, powerful.
(c) Gray, balding, paunchy.
(d) Young, attractive, on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the judge say is not on trial?
2. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
3. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
4. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
5. Drummond asks Howard if he has committed what crime?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)