|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hornbeck tells Cates the newspaper offers every new subscriber what?
(a) A new lease on life.
(b) A year of freedom.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A free wedding announcement.
2. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(b) The judge.
(c) No one.
(d) Many townspeople.
3. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
(a) The World Brittanica.
(b) The one the school told him to.
(c) Science: Creation in Two Forms.
4. Why is Cates confused following the trial?
(a) Rachel is not present.
(b) No one has cuffed him.
(c) He does not know if he won.
(d) No one has congratulated him.
5. Which witness is dismissed, prior to Drummond's cross-examination?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
2. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
3. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
4. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
5. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)