|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel tell Drummond she is scared of?
(c) Her father.
(d) The monkey.
2. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Good on a hot day.
(b) Bad for business.
(c) Only for men.
(d) Unnecessary and confusing.
3. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
(a) "We'll put up a sign for Cates' case, too."
(b) "The devil don't run this town."
(c) "It's too heavy to take down."
(d) "Half the people can't read anyway."
4. Why is the radio man at the courthouse?
(a) Because he is curious about the case.
(b) To document the verdict.
(c) To announce the outcome to Chicago.
(d) To gain fame from announcing the verdict.
5. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
(b) Mrs. Krebs.
(d) Mrs. Brady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comments that Brady is sure of the verdict?
2. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
3. Where does Sillers work?
4. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
5. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)