|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brady claim God can do to science?
(a) Teach through it.
(b) Control it.
(c) Cancel it.
(d) Squash it.
2. What does Drummond take with him when he leaves town?
(a) The monkey.
(b) The "Read Your Bible" sign.
(c) Brady's lunch box.
(d) The Bible and the Origin of Species.
3. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
(a) Unnecessary and confusing.
(b) Only for men.
(c) Good on a hot day.
(d) Bad for business.
4. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The town square.
(c) Drummond's home.
(d) The courtroom.
5. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
(a) Cates' opinion of the Bible.
(b) Flaws in Genesis.
(d) The theory of evolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
2. What is the courtroom waiting for at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
4. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
5. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)