|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the first time Drummond rides his rocking horse as a child?
(a) He vowed to be rich.
(b) He cut himself.
(c) He fell off.
(d) It broke.
2. Drummond accuses Hornbeck of what?
(a) Being impartial to the case.
(b) Influencing the jury.
(c) Writing only destructive things.
(d) Trying to break Cates out of prison.
3. What does Drummond take with him when he leaves town?
(a) Brady's lunch box.
(b) The "Read Your Bible" sign.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The Bible and the Origin of Species.
4. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
(a) Hard-nosed criminals.
(b) Anyone who opposes the Bible.
(c) Anyone against women.
(d) Those who stand in his way.
5. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
(a) "The devil don't run this town."
(b) "We'll put up a sign for Cates' case, too."
(c) "Half the people can't read anyway."
(d) "It's too heavy to take down."
Short Answer Questions
1. The radio man gives the trial what name?
2. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
3. How does Cates regard Rachel when she takes the stand?
4. The judge is willing to hear an expert on what?
5. Who is not present when the verdict is read?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)