|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(b) He studies the Bible.
(c) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(d) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
2. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
(a) Candy and apple pie.
(b) The Bible and his ink pen.
(c) Telegraph and postage stamps.
(d) Tractor and telephone.
3. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
(a) "The biggest man in the country."
(b) "A crusader for the wicked."
(c) "Hungry for power and reluctant to forgive."
(d) "Scared of his own shadow."
4. Who reads the verdict?
(c) The judge.
5. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Stone them.
(b) Curse them.
(c) Love them.
(d) Guide them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the town prayer meeting start?
2. What does Cates suggest Howard could become?
3. What does Hornbeck do for Cates after the trial?
4. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
5. What is the name of the toy Drummond wanted as a child?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)