|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Cates apologizes, Drummond feels that Cates will be what?
(b) Reinstated as a teacher.
2. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) Rachel's devotion to him.
(b) His desire to win.
(c) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(d) The "spectacle" of his trial.
3. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Down With Darwinism."
(b) "Brady or Bust."
(c) "Read Your Bible."
(d) "God's Men Don't Slither."
4. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(b) Bert Cates.
(d) Reverend Brown.
5. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
(c) Attention seeker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
2. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
3. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
4. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
5. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)