|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(c) The Bible.
2. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
(a) He has terrible vision.
(b) The trial will be a show.
(c) He won't fall asleep.
(d) He is incredibly short.
3. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) His inability to spell it.
(b) His inabilily to pronounce it.
(c) His lack of military service.
(d) The fact that he was a general.
4. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
(a) Whether she was holy.
(b) If she divorced Reverend Brown.
(c) Rachel's feelings about her.
(d) Why she doesn't support Rachel.
5. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
(d) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cates unsure of?
2. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
3. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
4. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
5. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)