|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(b) A monkey.
(d) An old wives' tale.
2. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and kisses her.
(b) Chases her down and fights with her.
(c) Chases her down and hugs her.
(d) Lets her go.
3. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Escape from jail.
(b) Apologize for breaking the law.
(c) Continue preaching his piece.
(d) Beg pardon from the governor.
4. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) An adulterer.
(b) The monkey.
(c) A murderer.
(d) That publishing company in Chicago.
5. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) His desire to win.
(b) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(c) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(d) Rachel's devotion to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
2. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
3. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
4. What type of jury does Brady want?
5. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)