|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
(a) A murderer.
(b) An adulterer.
(c) The monkey.
(d) That publishing company in Chicago.
2. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Escape from jail.
(b) Beg pardon from the governor.
(c) Apologize for breaking the law.
(d) Continue preaching his piece.
3. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
(a) Call off the trial.
(b) Show some respect for her town.
(c) Read his Bible.
(d) Defend Cates to his best ability.
4. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(b) Fair and partial.
(c) Pious older women.
(d) Forward thinking intellects.
5. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachel tell Drummond she is scared of?
2. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
3. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
4. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
5. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)