|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) The Storekeeper.
2. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(a) Teaching evolution.
(b) Vandalizing the church.
(d) Stealing bibles.
3. What ability does Bannister lack?
4. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
(b) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(c) He studies the Bible.
(d) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
5. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
2. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
3. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
4. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
5. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)