|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
(a) One that thinks alike.
(b) One that is just like him.
(c) Ignorant farmers.
(d) Fair and partial.
2. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
(b) "Old Time Religion."
(c) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(d) "America the Beautiful."
3. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
(a) It is hard to pronounce.
(b) Brady deserves something better.
(c) It makes Brady sound heroic.
(d) Drummond wants to learn Brady's real name.
4. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(d) Reverend Brown.
5. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and kisses her.
(b) Chases her down and hugs her.
(c) Chases her down and fights with her.
(d) Lets her go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
2. Where does Sillers work?
3. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
4. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
5. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)