|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
(a) It makes Brady sound heroic.
(b) Drummond wants to learn Brady's real name.
(c) It is hard to pronounce.
(d) Brady deserves something better.
2. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) Bert Cates.
(b) The devil.
(c) The monkey.
(d) A snake.
3. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Beg pardon from the governor.
(b) Escape from jail.
(c) Continue preaching his piece.
(d) Apologize for breaking the law.
4. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
(a) He is incredibly short.
(b) He won't fall asleep.
(c) The trial will be a show.
(d) He has terrible vision.
5. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
(a) Defend Cates to his best ability.
(b) Read his Bible.
(c) Call off the trial.
(d) Show some respect for her town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
2. Bannister claims that Drummond represents who in the past?
3. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
4. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
5. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)