|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(a) Religious fervor.
(c) Media attention.
2. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(a) Many townspeople.
(c) No one.
(d) The judge.
3. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The weather and the devil.
(b) The price of milk.
(c) Brady and public opinion.
(d) The innocence of Bert Cates.
4. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The school board.
(b) The Chicago Times.
(c) The Baltimore Herald.
(d) The New Yorker.
5. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(b) Both sides.
(c) She will not be a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
2. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
3. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
4. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
5. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)