|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(a) A Bible.
(c) A hotdog.
2. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Beg pardon from the governor.
(b) Apologize for breaking the law.
(c) Continue preaching his piece.
(d) Escape from jail.
3. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
(a) "Hungry for power and reluctant to forgive."
(b) "Scared of his own shadow."
(c) "The biggest man in the country."
(d) "A crusader for the wicked."
4. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and kisses her.
(b) Lets her go.
(c) Chases her down and hugs her.
(d) Chases her down and fights with her.
5. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) Brady and public opinion.
(b) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(c) The weather and the devil.
(d) The price of milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
4. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
5. What type of jury does Brady want?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)