|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
(a) He's old.
(b) He's a church goer.
(c) He hates Cates.
(d) He loves serving on juries.
2. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(a) An old wives' tale.
(d) A monkey.
3. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(b) If Rachel loves him.
(c) Whether he has committed a crime.
(d) If he even likes teaching.
4. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) Rachel's devotion to him.
(b) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(c) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(d) His desire to win.
5. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) The Storekeeper.
(b) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
2. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
3. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
4. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
5. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)