|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
(a) Call off the trial.
(b) Show some respect for her town.
(c) Read his Bible.
(d) Defend Cates to his best ability.
2. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The Bible.
(d) The stars.
3. In Act One, who makes a secret visit to Hillsboro Jail?
(a) Mrs. Brady.
(c) Mrs. Krebs.
4. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The courtroom.
(b) Cates' jail cell.
(c) The town square.
(d) Drummond's home.
5. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
(d) Drummond and Brady.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
2. What type of jury does Brady want?
3. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
4. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
5. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)