|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(a) Civil rights.
(d) City council.
2. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
(a) "Scared of his own shadow."
(b) "The biggest man in the country."
(c) "Hungry for power and reluctant to forgive."
(d) "A crusader for the wicked."
3. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A bird.
(c) A worm.
(d) A dog.
4. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) Fair and partial.
(b) Forward thinking intellects.
(c) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(d) Pious older women.
5. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
(d) Religious parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
2. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
3. Rachel tells Hornbeck all answers to existence are found where?
4. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
5. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)