|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(b) Bert Cates.
(d) Reverend Brown.
2. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(b) Pious older women.
(c) Fair and partial.
(d) Forward thinking intellects.
3. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Hillsboro Lake.
(b) The town square.
(c) Hillsboro Courthouse.
(d) Melinda's home.
4. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
(b) Soldier of the Bible.
5. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
Short Answer Questions
1. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
2. How does Melinda respond to Howard's opinion on origin?
3. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
4. Who does Rachel tell Drummond she is scared of?
5. If Cates apologizes, Drummond feels that Cates will be what?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)