|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(a) A monkey.
(c) An old wives' tale.
2. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
(b) Reverend Brown.
3. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
(a) Beg pardon from the governor.
(b) Apologize for breaking the law.
(c) Escape from jail.
(d) Continue preaching his piece.
4. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) Forward thinking intellects.
(b) Pious older women.
(c) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(d) Fair and partial.
5. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(c) The Gospel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
2. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
3. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
4. Howard tells Melinda that she originated as what?
5. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)