|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(b) City council.
(c) Civil rights.
2. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
(a) He loves her more than anything.
(b) He will crack on the witness stand.
(c) He is a strong man.
(d) He is fighting a losing battle.
3. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
4. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
(a) One that thinks alike.
(b) Ignorant farmers.
(c) One that is just like him.
(d) Fair and partial.
5. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The town square.
(b) Cates' jail cell.
(c) Drummond's home.
(d) The courtroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
2. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
4. What song does the town sing to greet Brady?
5. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)