|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
(a) Read his Bible.
(b) Defend Cates to his best ability.
(c) Show some respect for her town.
(d) Call off the trial.
2. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Drummond's home.
(b) The town square.
(c) Cates' jail cell.
(d) The courtroom.
3. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(c) The judge.
4. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
(a) That her father was the devil.
(b) Talking to God.
(c) Falling off the Earth.
(d) That she was the devil.
5. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(b) City council.
(d) Civil rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
2. What ability does Bannister lack?
3. According to Drummond, those who hold up the progression of society are what?
4. The Storekeeper thinks opinions are what?
5. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)