|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The price of milk.
(b) The weather and the devil.
(c) Brady and public opinion.
(d) The innocence of Bert Cates.
2. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) Drummond's home.
(c) The town square.
(d) The courtroom.
3. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
(a) Fair and partial.
(b) One that is just like him.
(c) Ignorant farmers.
(d) One that thinks alike.
4. Where is Inherit the Wind set?
5. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
2. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
3. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
4. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
5. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)