|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) The courthouse lawn.
(d) The town square.
2. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
3. Why does Hornbeck call the monkey the "father of the human race"?
(a) He studies the Bible.
(b) He claps his hands at the spectacle.
(c) He takes a penny from Melinda.
(d) He kisses Melinda on the cheek.
4. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) Rachel's devotion to him.
(b) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(c) His desire to win.
(d) The "spectacle" of his trial.
5. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
2. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
3. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
4. What is Cates unsure of?
5. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)