|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
(a) Teaching evolution.
(c) Stealing bibles.
(d) Vandalizing the church.
2. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Down With Darwinism."
(b) "God's Men Don't Slither."
(c) "Brady or Bust."
(d) "Read Your Bible."
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(b) The Gospel.
4. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(a) Religious fervor.
(b) Media attention.
5. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Set the whole case up.
(b) Set the town back thirty years.
(c) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
(d) Moved away by standing still.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
2. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
3. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
4. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
5. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)