|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Hillsboro Lake.
(b) The town square.
(c) Melinda's home.
(d) Hillsboro Courthouse.
2. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
(a) He loves her more than anything.
(b) He is a strong man.
(c) He is fighting a losing battle.
(d) He will crack on the witness stand.
3. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
(a) That her father was the devil.
(b) Talking to God.
(c) That she was the devil.
(d) Falling off the Earth.
4. The first time Brady enters town, who is he with?
(a) Mrs. Brady, Reverend Brown, the District Attorney.
(b) A newspaper reporter from Washington, D.C.
(c) Reverend Brown and the Judge.
5. Cates describes the conditions in jail as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ability does Bannister lack?
2. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
3. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
4. What type of jury does Brady want?
5. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)