|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The courtroom.
(b) The courthouse lawn.
(c) The town square.
(d) Cates' jail cell.
2. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) Whether he has committed a crime.
(b) Whether Drummond is on his side.
(c) If he even likes teaching.
(d) If Rachel loves him.
3. Brady is called Colonel in spite of what?
(a) The fact that he was a general.
(b) His inability to spell it.
(c) His lack of military service.
(d) His inabilily to pronounce it.
4. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
5. Who asks Reverend Brown to forgive Cates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
2. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
3. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
4. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
5. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)