|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
(a) The Bible.
2. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
(b) Set the whole case up.
(c) Moved away by standing still.
(d) Set the town back thirty years.
3. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The Baltimore Herald.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Chicago Times.
(d) The school board.
4. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
(a) Fervent in their beliefs.
(b) Desperate to believe.
(c) In line for damnation.
(d) A flock that requires guidance.
5. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
(b) Soldier of the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
2. What does Hornbeck say he is not?
3. In Act One, what does Rachel try to convince Cates to do?
4. Drummond believes what to be essential to clear thought?
5. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)