|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the suspenders Drummond wears to court in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
(a) A Pulitzer Prize seeker.
(b) A critic.
(c) A silent observer.
(d) A martyr.
3. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The weather and the devil.
(b) Brady and public opinion.
(c) The price of milk.
(d) The innocence of Bert Cates.
4. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) That he will lose his case.
(b) Their small town stubborness.
(c) Their ability to change.
(d) That he will win his case.
5. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(a) Reverend Brown.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The District Attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
2. When does the town prayer meeting start?
3. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
4. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
5. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)