|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) The Baltimore Herald.
(c) The Chicago Times.
(d) The school board.
2. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(d) Bert Cates.
3. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
(a) Moved away by standing still.
(b) Influenced Cates to throw the case.
(c) Set the town back thirty years.
(d) Set the whole case up.
4. When does the town prayer meeting start?
(a) On time.
(b) Fifteen minutes late.
(c) Once the judge arrives.
(d) When Brady is ready.
5. Where does the opening of Act One take place?
(a) Melinda's home.
(b) The town square.
(c) Hillsboro Courthouse.
(d) Hillsboro Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
2. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
3. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
4. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
5. Where does Sillers work?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)