|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A bird.
(b) A worm.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A dog.
2. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
(a) Show some respect for her town.
(b) Defend Cates to his best ability.
(c) Call off the trial.
(d) Read his Bible.
3. According to Hornbeck, who is the monkey's greatest descendant?
(a) Reverend Brown.
4. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) Their small town stubborness.
(b) That he will lose his case.
(c) That he will win his case.
(d) Their ability to change.
5. When Rachel runs away from Cates, what does he do?
(a) Chases her down and kisses her.
(b) Lets her go.
(c) Chases her down and fights with her.
(d) Chases her down and hugs her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
2. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
3. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
5. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)