|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) The crowd.
(b) Reverend Brown.
(c) Brady, as a guest.
(d) Rachel, from the stage.
2. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
(a) One that thinks alike.
(b) One that is just like him.
(c) Ignorant farmers.
(d) Fair and partial.
3. Who asks Reverend Brown to forgive Cates?
4. Who is providing Cates with a lawyer?
(a) The Baltimore Herald.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Chicago Times.
(d) The school board.
5. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
(a) Media attention.
(c) Religious fervor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
2. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
5. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)