|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The town square.
(b) The courthouse lawn.
(c) Cates' jail cell.
(d) The courtroom.
2. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(d) The judge.
3. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Become a preacher.
(c) Die from the cold.
(d) Hang himself.
4. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
(a) Brady and Reverend Brown.
(b) Reverend Brown and Drummond.
(c) Rachel and Cates.
(d) Brady and Drummond.
5. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) The townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
2. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
3. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
4. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
5. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)