|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) Brady and public opinion.
(b) The weather and the devil.
(c) The price of milk.
(d) The innocence of Bert Cates.
2. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A house.
(b) A prayer meeting platform.
(c) A cross.
(d) A new cell for the jail.
3. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
(a) A snake.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The devil.
(d) Bert Cates.
4. During the prayer meeting, who asks Reverend Brown to lesson his hard stance?
5. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
(b) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
3. Hornbeck asks Elijah if he is a what?
4. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
5. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)