|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(a) Die from the cold.
(b) Become a preacher.
(c) Hang himself.
2. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(d) Reverend Brown.
3. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
4. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
(b) The judge.
5. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
(a) Different ideas.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(c) Desire to run for office.
(d) Compassion for the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
2. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
3. Before the prayer meeting, Reverend Brown describes the townspeople as what?
4. What does Drummond say about Cates when Rachel asks about him?
5. When does the town prayer meeting start?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)