|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
(a) "We'll put up a sign for Cates' case, too."
(b) "Half the people can't read anyway."
(c) "The devil don't run this town."
(d) "It's too heavy to take down."
2. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
3. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) The Storekeeper.
(d) Reverend Brown.
4. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Looking for worms.
(b) Arguing with a monkey.
(c) Fighting his brother.
(d) Witnessing a crime.
5. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
(a) Temporary Honorary Colonel.
(b) Head of State.
(c) Head Colonel.
(d) Temporary Town Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
2. What does Brady suggest the prayer meeting might do for Hornbeck?
3. Brady complains that Drummond is bringing too much of what during jury selection?
4. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
5. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)