|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drummond ask Dunlap prior to rejecting him for the jury?
(a) If he reads the Bible.
(b) If he loves his mother.
(c) How he is.
(d) Whether he believes in God.
2. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
(a) That he will win his case.
(b) That he will lose his case.
(c) Their small town stubborness.
(d) Their ability to change.
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The courtroom.
(b) The courthouse lawn.
(c) Cates' jail cell.
(d) The town square.
4. Who approaches Drummond immediately following the jury selection?
(b) No one.
(c) The judge.
(d) Many townspeople.
5. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
(a) His terrible writing skills.
(b) The heat.
(c) The bias against him.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
2. Who notices the train when Brady is arriving?
3. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
4. The townspeople hope Brady's presence will provide what?
5. What type of jury does Brady want?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)