|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is alone on the stage at the end of Act One?
2. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Brady or Bust."
(b) "Down With Darwinism."
(c) "Read Your Bible."
(d) "God's Men Don't Slither."
3. What is the crowd asked to do during the prayer meeting?
(a) Affirm their beliefs.
(b) Run Drummond out of town.
(c) Shun those who are against them.
(d) Pray for Cates.
4. Prior to Brady's arrival, Melinda sells what?
(c) Fishing poles.
(d) Religious pamphlets.
5. To Rachel, Hornbeck claims to be on whose side?
(d) Reverend Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
2. When Melinda sees Drummond's shadow, she thinks it is what?
3. What name does Hornbeck give the monkey in Act One?
4. How does Rachel describe Brady to Cates?
5. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)