|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) If Rachel loves him.
(b) Whether he has committed a crime.
(c) If he even likes teaching.
(d) Whether Drummond is on his side.
2. What do the storekeeper and Mrs. Krebs discuss in Act One?
(a) The innocence of Bert Cates.
(b) The weather and the devil.
(c) Brady and public opinion.
(d) The price of milk.
3. Who chants responses during the prayer meeting?
(a) Rachel, from the stage.
(b) Brady, as a guest.
(c) The crowd.
(d) Reverend Brown.
4. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The town square.
(c) Drummond's home.
(d) The courtroom.
5. Drummond believes what type of people never experience confusion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
2. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
3. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
4. What is Rachel scared of as a child?
5. What book of the Bible is referenced at the prayer meeting?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)