|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
(d) The judge.
2. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(a) Hellfire and damnation.
(b) Judging thy neighbor.
(d) Offering a hand to the weary.
3. Howard tells Melinda that her father originated as what?
(a) A bird.
(b) A worm.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A dog.
4. What ability does Bannister lack?
5. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(b) Pious older women.
(c) Fair and partial.
(d) Forward thinking intellects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bert Cates is in jail for what crime?
2. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
3. Drummond is awarded what title by the Mayor?
4. What does Meeker say impresses him about Brady?
5. What is the theme of the prayer meeting?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)