|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hornbeck comes to town, what does he buy?
(c) A hotdog.
(d) A Bible.
2. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(b) Hang himself.
(c) Die from the cold.
(d) Become a preacher.
3. There is a banner put up before Brady arrives. What does it say?
(a) "Down With Darwinism."
(b) "God's Men Don't Slither."
(c) "Read Your Bible."
(d) "Brady or Bust."
4. What type of jury does Brady want?
(a) Forward thinking intellects.
(b) One that conforms to the patterns of society.
(c) Fair and partial.
(d) Pious older women.
5. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" teach?
(c) The Gospel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
2. Cates believes Rachel's opinions are from whom?
3. Who does Brady speak to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
5. What is Cates unsure of?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)