|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages the town to greet Brady's arrival?
(a) The Storekeeper.
(d) Reverend Brown.
2. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A new cell for the jail.
(b) A prayer meeting platform.
(c) A cross.
(d) A house.
3. Drummond says that killing a wife is not as bad as killing what?
(a) An old wives' tale.
(d) A monkey.
4. What is Howard doing at the beginning of Act One?
(a) Witnessing a crime.
(b) Arguing with a monkey.
(c) Looking for worms.
(d) Fighting his brother.
5. Who will Rachel appear as a witness for?
(b) Both sides.
(d) She will not be a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the prayer meeting, what does Drummond suggest Brady has done?
2. Why does Davenport accept Bannister for the jury?
3. What does Darwin's "Origin of Species" directly conflict with?
4. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
5. According to Cates, the townspeople are treating him worse than who?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)