|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) Reverend Brown.
(c) The mayor.
2. Who arrives late to the prayer meeting?
3. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A new cell for the jail.
(b) A prayer meeting platform.
(c) A house.
(d) A cross.
4. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
(a) "The devil don't run this town."
(b) "Half the people can't read anyway."
(c) "It's too heavy to take down."
(d) "We'll put up a sign for Cates' case, too."
5. Reverend Brown requests the crowd to do what to those who defy the Word?
(a) Stone them.
(b) Curse them.
(c) Love them.
(d) Guide them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
2. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
3. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
4. What ability does Bannister lack?
5. What type of jury does Drummond say that Brady wants?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)