|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
(a) The topic is too sensitive.
(b) The judge does not like the witness.
(c) The topic is against the law.
(d) Brady suggests the witness is in contempt.
2. How does Hornbeck classify the prayer meeting?
(b) A show.
(c) Something he has to report on.
3. Drummond suggests that anyone who is "against Brady" is what?
(a) For God.
(b) A free thinker.
(c) Against God.
(d) Going to jail.
4. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(a) Drummond and his case.
(b) Any experts on Darwin.
5. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Drummond's home.
(b) Cates' jail cell.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) The town square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
2. Whose testimony does Cates interrupt?
3. What does Drummond suggest about Brady and how he lives his life?
4. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
5. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)