|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The bias against him.
(c) His terrible writing skills.
(d) The heat.
2. What does Brady claim God can do to science?
(a) Cancel it.
(b) Control it.
(c) Squash it.
(d) Teach through it.
3. Drummond asks Howard if these objects, not listed in the Bible, are evil.
(a) The Bible and his ink pen.
(b) Tractor and telephone.
(c) Candy and apple pie.
(d) Telegraph and postage stamps.
4. What does the judge say is not on trial?
(a) Rachel and her morals.
(b) The townspeople and their beliefs.
(c) The right to think.
(d) Curiosity of the heavens.
5. Brady claims that Cates sees marriage as similar to what?
(a) The breeding of animals.
(c) His jail cell.
(d) Being on trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brady refuse to accept about Drummond?
2. What does Drummond ask Rachel about her mother?
3. Why does Cates leave Rachel's church?
4. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
5. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)