|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(a) Great ideas.
(c) Diagrams for living.
(d) The works of the devil.
2. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
(d) Drummond and Brady.
3. What does Rachel beg Drummond to do, following jury selection?
(a) Show some respect for her town.
(b) Call off the trial.
(c) Defend Cates to his best ability.
(d) Read his Bible.
4. What does the judge say is not on trial?
(a) Rachel and her morals.
(b) Curiosity of the heavens.
(c) The right to think.
(d) The townspeople and their beliefs.
5. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
(a) A waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brady complain to Hornbeck about?
2. What does the workman say to justify leaving up the prayer sign on the courthouse?
3. Brady says that Drummond defended a publishing company for what?
4. Rachel asks Drummond if Cates is a what?
5. Who approaches Brady following the jury selection?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)