|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Cates' jail cell.
(b) The town square.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) Drummond's home.
2. What does Cates suggest Howard could become?
(a) A scientist.
(d) A Godless person.
3. What does the judge say is not on trial?
(a) Curiosity of the heavens.
(b) The townspeople and their beliefs.
(c) The right to think.
(d) Rachel and her morals.
4. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
(a) That Drummond gives him a Bible.
(b) The "spectacle" of his trial.
(c) His desire to win.
(d) Rachel's devotion to him.
5. What belief does Brady suggest to the crowd is equally Christian?
Short Answer Questions
1. In court, Drummond says he wants religion to stop doing what?
2. Brady asks if Cates has ever taught from what book?
3. Drummond refers to what as "Brown's product"?
4. Why does Bannister want the front seat in the jury box?
5. According to Drummond, what is more important than what is "right"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)