|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Brady admit he has not read?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) Much of anything.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The rules of the case.
2. What does Reverend Brown preach at the end of the prayer meeting?
(a) Judging thy neighbor.
(b) Offering a hand to the weary.
(c) Hellfire and damnation.
3. Who does Brady claim he will fight, no matter what?
(a) Those who stand in his way.
(b) Anyone who opposes the Bible.
(c) Hard-nosed criminals.
(d) Anyone against women.
4. Drummond's first witness is not allowed to teach what to the courtroom?
(a) The theory of evolution.
(b) Flaws in Genesis.
(c) Cates' opinion of the Bible.
5. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
(a) Drummond and his case.
(c) Any experts on Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Drummond's second witness?
2. Initially, who does Reverend Brown ask for God to strike down during the prayer meeting?
3. Rachel is asked to give Cates' opinion on what?
4. At the prayer meeting, who is visibly upset by Reverend Brown's curses?
5. Why is Drummond's first witness not allowed to speak?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)