|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(d) Reverend Brown.
2. Who is on the witness stand at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Cates claims the books of "Evil-utionists" are filled with what?
(a) Great ideas.
(b) Diagrams for living.
(d) The works of the devil.
4. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
(a) Drummond wants to learn Brady's real name.
(b) It makes Brady sound heroic.
(c) It is hard to pronounce.
(d) Brady deserves something better.
5. What are the workmen building at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A house.
(b) A cross.
(c) A prayer meeting platform.
(d) A new cell for the jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
2. Who announces the meeting held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
3. What old friends have a conversation after the prayer meeting?
4. What does Hornbeck claim to be?
5. Who does the judge finally refuse to hear?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)