|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise witness does Drummond call to the stand?
(c) The Storekeeper.
(d) Mrs. Brady.
2. Who helps Brady campaign for the presidency in 1908?
(b) Reverend Brown.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The District Attorney.
3. What is Cates unsure of?
(a) Whether he has committed a crime.
(b) If he even likes teaching.
(c) If Rachel loves him.
(d) Whether Drummond is on his side.
4. What does Rachel say Cates wants to do, following jury selection?
(b) Become a preacher.
(c) Die from the cold.
(d) Hang himself.
5. Prior to accepting the jury, who does the judge rule as out of order?
(b) Drummond and Brady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brady claim he was once friends with?
2. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
3. Brady refers to the opinions Cates delivers in court as what?
4. What type of meeting is held at the court on the night of the jury selection?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)