|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the prayer meeting, who sends the crowd home?
(a) Reverend Brown.
2. What does Cates suggest Howard could become?
(a) A scientist.
(d) A Godless person.
3. What does Hornbeck say he is not?
(a) A believer in Darwinism.
(b) An objective reporter of the facts.
(c) A believer in God.
(d) A lawyer.
4. Brady accuses Drummond of what after the prayer meeting?
(a) Selling his soul to the devil.
(b) Moving far away from him.
(c) Bribing the judge.
(d) Ruining his chances for future elections.
5. During the prayer meeting, who does Reverend Brown add to the list to be struck down?
(a) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Drummond object to the title of Colonel for Brady?
2. While in jail, what is Cates surprised by?
3. At the end of the prayer meeting, what does the crowd's response to Brady signify?
4. When does the town prayer meeting start?
5. Rachel is asked to give Cates' opinion on what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)