|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character appears to have the best relationship with Avril?
2. What prompts many students to believe there is nothing to attain when goals are reached?
3. What term does Orin use to describe the women he is with?
4. What is the name of the man Sorkin sends to kill Gene Fackelmann?
5. Where does Orin meet the Swiss hand model?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Randy Lenz?
2. What kind of relationship did James and Lyle have?
3. In what way has Hal lost Mario?
4. How is Mario affected by his films not being as popular as his father's?
5. What is an example of James being a genius but inability to deal with real life matters?
6. Why does Mario ask Avril how to tell if somebody is sad?
7. What does Lyle mean when he tells the students never to underestimate objects?
8. How does Orin treat women?
9. How could the use of the Entertainment be devastating?
10. Describe the memories James had about his father.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the reader have a difficult time discerning Avril's intentions and motivations? What do you think these intentions and motivations are?
Essay Topic 2
Of the Incandenza brothers, which is the most emotionally and psychologically stable? Why do you believe this is so?
Essay Topic 3
What does the title Infinite Jest suggest about the novel? Why do you think Wallace chose this title?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)