|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, why has Hal been called into the office?
2. What is the name of the organization Joelle tells Don she is a part of?
3. What does Don call the figure that visits him?
4. What is the name of Orin's friend from high school?
5. There is a chance that which character is Charles Tavis' half-sibling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contents of the Entertainment?
2. What kind of relationship did James and Lyle have?
3. What kind of impression do you get from Avril's character?
4. In what way has Hal lost Mario?
5. Who is Randy Lenz?
6. Why does Joelle like to clean?
7. What does Hal think of Avril and Charles possibly being related?
8. What role does the theme of suicide play in the novel?
9. Why does Mario ask Avril how to tell if somebody is sad?
10. How could the use of the Entertainment be devastating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hal begins to have a recurring dream about losing his teeth. Choose one of the following prompts about the dream to write about:
(a) How does this dream build tension?
(b) How does it provide insight into Hal's character?
(c) How does the dream serve to foreshadow future events?
Essay Topic 2
Was James' genius a blessing or a curse?
Essay Topic 3
Which character develops the most throughout Infinite Jest? How do you know?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)