|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in Chapter 40?
(b) Rhode Island.
(c) New York.
2. At Ennet House, what does Joelle realize that she likes to do?
(b) Watch classic movies.
3. How does Don feel in his sobriety?
(a) He feels good sober but has no intention in remaining so.
(b) He is only sober to impress Joelle.
(c) He is reluctantly sober.
(d) He is happy to be sober.
4. What is the name of the man Sorkin sends to kill Gene Fackelmann?
(a) Charles D.
(b) Roberto A.
(c) Bobby C.
(d) Alex P.
5. Which character is unable to feel pain well, and burns himself on the stove?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hal seem to feel about his life?
2. What is the name of the organization Joelle tells Don she is a part of?
3. Which step in AA is Don having trouble getting to?
4. What is Matty Pemulis' occupation in Cambridge?
5. Who does Hal feel that he has lost as his confidant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Don Gately have with sobriety?
2. What is Remy's view of American culture?
3. What are the contents of the Entertainment?
4. In what way has Hal lost Mario?
5. What role does the theme of suicide play in the novel?
6. How does Orin treat women?
7. Who is Randy Lenz?
8. What kind of relationship did James and Lyle have?
9. What does Eric Clipperton's death show the students at Enfield?
10. What kind of impression do you get from Avril's character?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)