|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character appears in the Entertainment?
2. Who believes, and is angry, that they are being given powdered milk with meals?
3. Who tries to refuse a hug at Ennet house?
4. What is the name of Orin's friend from high school?
5. In the cover that Remy is taking, what is his occupation?
(d) Retired nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the boy who killed himself after reaching a ranking he aspired to for so long?
2. In the hospital, who does Don dream of as death?
3. Where did the study take place that Hugh describes from the 1970s?
4. What is the name of the game the Enfield students invented?
5. How does Don feel in his sobriety?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the memories James had about his father.
2. In what way has Hal lost Mario?
3. Why did Avril have an affair during her marriage to James?
4. What role does the theme of suicide play in the novel?
5. What does Lyle mean when he tells the students never to underestimate objects?
6. Why does Mario ask Avril how to tell if somebody is sad?
7. Who is Randy Lenz?
8. How could the use of the Entertainment be devastating?
9. What kind of impression do you get from Avril's character?
10. What parallels does Wallace draw between the Entertainment and drugs?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)