|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ayaan rented a room from whom after her and Yasmin had a falling out?
2. Ayaan's fears were allayed when she received what in Holland in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
(a) A valentines day card.
(b) An A-status refugee card.
(c) A mother's day card.
(d) A Babe Ruth rookie card.
3. Where did Ayaan take a short break and visit for awhile to let things settle down in Holland in Chapter 15, "Threats"?
4. When Ayaan filled out her official paperwork for refugee status, she changed her name from Ayaan Hirsi Megan to what?
(a) Ayaan Hirsi Moussa.
(b) Ayaan Hirsi Isse.
(c) Ayaan Hirsi Farah.
(d) Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
5. Ayaan began working for what political party''s think tank before 9/11 happened in Chapter 14, "Leaving God"?
(a) The Democratic Party's.
(b) The Labor Party's.
(c) The Liberal Party's.
(d) The Republican Party's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Osman Moussa agreed to hold what meeting with the elders of the clan in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders"?
2. After the assassination of Theo van Gogh, Ayaan's security detail became even tighter and over how many days was she allowed minimal contact with friends or anyone in the outside world?
3. In August of what year did Ayaan officially become a Dutch citizen?
4. In early 2007 Ayaan stated that the Dutch state had spent about how many euros providing armed guards for her?
5. Where did Ayaan decide to take a position in the U.S. in the Epilogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say regarding life in the West in the book's Epilogue?
2. How does the author describe her continuing education in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
3. What impression does the reader gain of Ayaan's retreat into hiding in Chapter 17, "The Murder of Theo"?
4. Where did Ayaan travel in the beginning of Chapter 10, "Running Away"? Who did she meet there?
5. What film did the author produce in Chapter 16, "Politics"? With whom did she make the film?
6. What were Ayaan's impressions of the West when she arrived in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
7. How does the author describe the investigation into her citizenship in the Epilogue?
8. What did Ayaan lie about when seeking political asylum in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
9. What were Ayaan's first days as an official refugee like in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders"?
10. How does the author describe her return to Parliament in Chapter 17, "The Murder of Theo"?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)