|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ayaan received a residence permit within how much time of her arrival in the Netherlands?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 month.
2. In Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders," Ayaan began receiving her refugee allowances, and took language classes to start learning what language?
3. The note that was pinned to Theo van Gogh's body after his assassination threatened Western countries, Jews and whom?
(a) Salman Rushdie.
(b) Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
(c) George W. Bush.
(d) Osama Bin Laden.
4. What prominent politician in the Liberal Party did Ayaan meet in Chapter 15, "Threats" who wanted her to join the party and run for Parliament?
(a) Rita Verdonk.
(b) Neelie Kroes.
(c) Salman Rushdie.
(d) Farah Goure.
5. On what date was Theo van Gogh shot?
(a) July 15, 2006.
(b) May 24, 2007.
(c) November 2, 2004.
(d) August 8, 2005.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a Dutch Protestant Christian that befriended Ayaan during her time in the Netherlands?
2. In Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders," Ayaan received a letter from her father requesting money for what?
3. When does Ayaan describe having looked in the mirror and saying out loud that she did not believe in God in Chapter 14, "Leaving God"?
4. In Chapter 12, "Haweya," Ayaan received housing and moved into her new place with what other Somali woman seeking refugee status in Holland?
5. Ayaan was able to apply for citizenship in Holland how many years after attaining refugee status in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe her relationship with her sister in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
2. What interactions did Ayaan have with her father and husband in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders"?
3. Who stole the author's refugee papers in Chapter 12, "Haweya"? Why?
4. Where did the author describe taking a position in the Epilogue? Why?
5. What political group did Ayaan begin working for after completing her degree in Chapter 14, "Leaving God"?
6. What did Osman Moussa do when he arrived in Holland in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders"?
7. What were Ayaan's impressions of the West when she arrived in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
8. What did Ayaan lie about when seeking political asylum in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
9. How does the author describe her continuing education in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
10. How does the author describe her participation in public debates in Chapter 15, "Threats"?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)