|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Haweya insist on going in order to be with their mom and around Muslims in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
2. As the days grew colder in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders," Ayaan received a letter from her father, addressed with kindness and love and trying to persuade her to do what?
(a) Return to Somalia.
(b) Return to her husband.
(c) Apply for Dutch citizenship.
(d) Apply for German citizenship.
3. How many times was Theo van Gogh shot in his assassination?
4. In January 2003, the Liberal Party won what percentage of the vote?
5. Ayaan learned that the family was looking for her through a letter from whom in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
(a) Haweya Magen.
(b) Osman Moussa.
(c) Asha Artan.
(d) Mahad Magen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ayaan filled out her official paperwork for refugee status, she changed her name from Ayaan Hirsi Megan to what?
2. Where did Ayaan take a short break and visit for awhile to let things settle down in Holland in Chapter 15, "Threats"?
3. In Chapter 15, "Threats," Ayaan writes that when a major politician was shot and killed, she immediately thought it was a Muslim, but she was wrong, as it was actually who?
4. Ayaan has admitted that she had lied in obtaining refugee status by devising a false story about having to flee Mogadishu and spending time in refugee camps on the border between what countries?
5. What was the party which Ayaan joined to run for Parliment in Holland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe her return to Parliament in Chapter 17, "The Murder of Theo"?
2. Where did Ayaan travel in the beginning of Chapter 10, "Running Away"? Who did she meet there?
3. What film did the author produce in Chapter 16, "Politics"? With whom did she make the film?
4. How does the author describe her relationship with her sister in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
5. Describe the situation in which Ayaan went into hiding in Chapter 17, "The Murder of Theo." For how long was she allowed minimal contact with friends and family?
6. What does the author say regarding life in the West in the book's Epilogue?
7. What did Osman Moussa do when he arrived in Holland in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders"?
8. How does the author describe her continuing education in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
9. How does the author describe her participation in public debates in Chapter 15, "Threats"?
10. What interactions did Ayaan have with her father and husband in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders"?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)