|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A woman from where sends Ayaan a letter regarding her cousin in Chapter 8, "Refugees"?
2. Where did Ayaan's father return in the beginning of Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
3. What does the SSDF stand for?
(a) The Somali Salvation Democratic Front.
(b) The Student's Salvation Democratic Front.
(c) The Sudanese Salvation Demographic Front.
(d) The Somali Sudanese Democratic Front.
4. Who ripped up the marriage certificate to Ayaan's secret marriage to her cousin in Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
(a) Haweya Magen.
(b) Hirsi Magen Isse.
(c) Osman Moussa.
(d) Mahad Magen.
5. Where did Ayaan's mother decide to send her to study in Chapter 5, "Secret Rendezvous, Sex, and the Scent of Sukumawiki"?
(b) A Christian school.
(c) A Muslim girls' school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haweya returns and she and Ayaan attend what together in Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance"?
2. Where did Hirsi Magan Isse earn a degree in anthropology?
3. What was the last film Theo van Gogh completed before his death?
4. Where did Ayaan attend a secretarial course in Nairobi?
5. What in the Islamic faith is a juristic ruling concerning Islamic law issued by an Islamic scholar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the author's relationship to Islam described in Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance"? How was Haweya's?
2. Where did Ayaan live in Chapter 4, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives"? How is this setting described?
3. Where did Ayaan's father go after escaping prison in Chapter 2, "Under the Talal Tree"? What did he do there?
4. How is Ayaan's early childhood described in Chapter 2, "Under the Talal Tree"?
5. Why did Ayaan end her relationship with a fellow Muslim in Chapter 7, "Disillusion and Deceit"?
6. How does the author describe her father's return in Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
7. Whose death is described in the Introduction to "Infidel"? What film did this individual make with the author?
8. How is Ayaan's father described in Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace"?
9. How does the author describe her grandmother in Chapter 1, "Bloodlines"?
10. How was the living situation described when the war broke out in Chapter 8, "Refugees"?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)