|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ayaan's parents marry?
2. Chapter 5, "Secret Rendezvous, Sex, and the Scent of Sukumawiki" details Ayaan's years growing up where?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
3. Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace" starts with the family moving where?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
4. To what country did Ayaan's family move after leaving Ethiopia in Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives"?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
5. What caused Ayaan's mother to become even more hostile toward others in Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives"?
(a) She lost a child in stillbirth.
(b) She had an affair.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She got divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the film produced by Theo van Gogh and Ayaan Hirsi Ali air?
2. How many years did Ayaan live in Kenya growing up?
3. When was Siad Barre born?
4. When was Hirsi Magan Isse born?
5. Where was it decided that Ayaan would go to await a visa to accompany her new husband in Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ayaan's father described in Chapter 1, "Bloodlines"? When did he marry Ayaan's mother?
2. Where is Mogadishu? How is it described in the Introduction?
3. What led to Ayaan's entering school in Chapter 2, "Under the Talal Tree"? What did Ayaan learn early on there?
4. Who attempted to prevent Ayaan's marriage in Chapter 9, "Abeh"? What happened?
5. How does the author describe her grandmother in Chapter 1, "Bloodlines"?
6. How does the author describe her father's return in Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
7. Who is the protagonist of "Infidel"? How is the narrative style established in the Introduction?
8. Where did Ayaan's family move after leaving Saudi Arabia in Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace"?
9. Where did Ayaan live in Chapter 4, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives"? How is this setting described?
10. How was Ayaan's marriage described in Chapter 9, "Abeh"? Where did she go following the wedding?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)