|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance," Mahad goes back where and the three women move into a house with a distant relative?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
2. What refers to a Somali gathering of elders to discuss and decide on an important matter?
3. Into what Somali clan was Ayaan Hirsi Ali born?
(a) The Rashateen.
(b) The Rusadeen.
(c) The Majeerteen.
(d) The Haradeem.
4. Where did Ayaan attend a secretarial course in Nairobi?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Valley Secretarial College.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) Leiden University.
5. In what year was Ayaan Hirsi Ali elected a member of the House of Representatives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ayaan's father return in the beginning of Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
2. In Chapter 7, "Disillusion and Deceit," Ayaan again experienced a boyfriend relationship which plagues both of them with guilt, as he was also what?
3. Where did Hirsi Magan Isse earn a degree in anthropology?
4. What is the name of Ayaan's grandmother whom she describes in Chapter One?
5. Chapter 5, "Secret Rendezvous, Sex, and the Scent of Sukumawiki" details Ayaan's years growing up where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Ayaan's father go after escaping prison in Chapter 2, "Under the Talal Tree"? What did he do there?
2. How was the author's relationship to her mother described in Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance"?
3. How is the author's relationship to Islam described in Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance"? How was Haweya's?
4. How is Ayaan's early childhood described in Chapter 2, "Under the Talal Tree"?
5. How does the author describe her first kiss and her relationship with Islam in Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance"?
6. Who wrote a letter to Ayaan in Chapter 8, "Refugees"? What did Ayaan respond?
7. How is the physical abuse the author withstood described in Chapter 5, "Secret Rendezvous, Sex, and the Scent of Sukumawiki"?
8. Who did Ayaan's father marry in Chapter 9, "Abeh"? Why?
9. Where did Ayaan and her sister go once the fighting began to spread in Chapter 8, "Refugees"? What is foreseen regarding Ayaan's marriage in the chapter?
10. What led to Ayaan's entering school in Chapter 2, "Under the Talal Tree"? What did Ayaan learn early on there?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)