|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the days grew colder in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders," Ayaan received a letter from her father, addressed with kindness and love and trying to persuade her to do what?
(a) Return to her husband.
(b) Apply for German citizenship.
(c) Return to Somalia.
(d) Apply for Dutch citizenship.
2. Who was a Dutch Protestant Christian that befriended Ayaan during her time in the Netherlands?
3. In Chapter 10, "Running Away," Ayaan considers going where because she knows the language from the novels she read growing up?
(c) The U.S.
4. In Chapter 15, "Threats," Ayaan writes that when a major politician was shot and killed, she immediately thought it was a Muslim, but she was wrong, as it was actually who?
(a) A white businessman.
(b) A white animal-rights activist.
(c) A black musician.
(d) An Asian gang member.
5. What did Ayaan give her mother before returning to Holland in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
(a) A car.
(c) A painting.
6. When was Mahmoud Ahmadinejad born?
7. What was the party which Ayaan joined to run for Parliment in Holland?
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The Liberal Party.
(c) The Conservative Party.
(d) The Constitution Party.
8. Ayaan began working for what political party''s think tank before 9/11 happened in Chapter 14, "Leaving God"?
(a) The Republican Party's.
(b) The Democratic Party's.
(c) The Liberal Party's.
(d) The Labor Party's.
9. Whose quotes did Ayaan claim to find in the Quran after the September 11 attacks in the U.S.?
(a) Salman Rushdie's.
(b) Osama Bin Laden's.
(c) George W. Bush's.
(d) Vincent van Gogh's.
10. Where was Ayaan able to say goodbye to her friend Theo van Gogh, as she did not attend his funeral?
(a) A ceremony.
(b) The morgue.
(c) A coffeeshop.
(d) The cemetery.
11. The note that was pinned to Theo van Gogh's body after his assassination threatened Western countries, Jews and whom?
(a) Osama Bin Laden.
(b) Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
(c) Salman Rushdie.
(d) George W. Bush.
12. Ayaan was sent to a small town in what U.S. state when she went into hiding following the assassination of Theo van Gogh?
13. When did Ayaan's short film made with Theo van Gogh air on Dutch television?
(a) September, 2003.
(b) August, 2004.
(c) July, 2001.
(d) November, 2005.
14. In Chapter 12, "Haweya," Ayaan received housing and moved into her new place with what other Somali woman seeking refugee status in Holland?
15. How many abortions did Haweya have in Chapter 12, "Haweya"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ayaan made several declarations about her legally being allowed to use what name in the Epilogue?
2. When did Ayaan return to Parliament in Chapter 17, "The Murder of Theo"?
3. What Western-styled clothing did Ayaan begin wearing in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
4. What refers to an official level of education required in order to enter university in Holland?
5. Ayaan learned that the family was looking for her through a letter from whom in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)