|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ayaan filled out her official paperwork for refugee status, she changed her name from Ayaan Hirsi Megan to what?
(a) Ayaan Hirsi Moussa.
(b) Ayaan Hirsi Farah.
(c) Ayaan Hirsi Isse.
(d) Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
2. What was the party which Ayaan joined to run for Parliment in Holland?
(a) The Conservative Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Liberal Party.
(d) The Constitution Party.
3. What, in addition to her name, did Ayaan lie about on her paperwork for refugee status in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
(a) Her height.
(b) Her birthdate.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her religion.
4. In January 2006, Ayaan used her acceptance speech for the Reader's Digest "European of the Year" award to urge action to prevent what nation from developing nuclear weapons?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
5. Theo van Gogh was related to what famous painter?
(a) Vincent van Gogh.
6. What did Ayaan give her mother before returning to Holland in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
(b) A car.
(c) A painting.
7. Where did Ayaan decide to take a position in the U.S. in the Epilogue?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) The Royal and Diplomatic Protection Service.
(c) The American Enterprise Institute.
(d) The Foundation for Freedom of Expression.
8. What was the name of Ayaan's first Dutch boyfriend in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
9. The elders and Osman left without violence or threats, accepting that Ayaan's decision for what in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders"?
10. In early 2007 Ayaan stated that the Dutch state had spent about how many euros providing armed guards for her?
(a) 3.5 million.
(b) 1.3 million.
(c) 5.8 million.
(d) 12.8 million.
11. What does DKDB stand for in the narrative?
(a) The Democratic Diplomacy Bureau.
(b) The Imperial Democratic Protection Service.
(c) The Demographic Diplomacy Service.
(d) The Royal and Diplomatic Protection Service.
12. When did Ayaan graduate with her master's degree in Chapter 14, "Leaving God"?
(a) June, 2002.
(b) April, 2003.
(c) August, 1999.
(d) September, 2000.
13. Where did Ayaan take a short break and visit for awhile to let things settle down in Holland in Chapter 15, "Threats"?
14. When did Ayaan's short film made with Theo van Gogh air on Dutch television?
(a) July, 2001.
(b) November, 2005.
(c) September, 2003.
(d) August, 2004.
15. Ayaan moved into a student house with how many other students in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was Theo van Gogh shot in his assassination?
2. In Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders," Ayaan received a letter from her father requesting money for what?
3. As the days grew colder in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders," Ayaan received a letter from her father, addressed with kindness and love and trying to persuade her to do what?
4. In Chapter 15, "Threats," Ayaan writes that when a major politician was shot and killed, she immediately thought it was a Muslim, but she was wrong, as it was actually who?
5. When did Ayaan's father contact her to speak about faith and encourage her return to Islam in Chapter 16, "Politics"?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)