|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders," Ayaan received a letter from her father requesting money for what?
(a) Eye surgery.
(b) A house.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) A car.
2. What was the name of Ayaan's first Dutch boyfriend in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
3. When was Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book "The Son Factory" published?
4. When Ayaan filled out her official paperwork for refugee status, she changed her name from Ayaan Hirsi Megan to what?
(a) Ayaan Hirsi Moussa.
(b) Ayaan Hirsi Isse.
(c) Ayaan Hirsi Farah.
(d) Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
5. In January of what year did Ayaan learn her sister had died in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
6. In Chapter 16, "Politics," some of Ayaan's policy statements were added to proposals and legislation, including a motion requiring police to register how many what took place in Holland each year?
(a) Honor killings.
(b) Drunk killings.
(c) Revenge killings.
(d) Friendship killings.
7. In Chapter 12, "Haweya," Ayaan received housing and moved into her new place with what other Somali woman seeking refugee status in Holland?
8. Ayaan's fears were allayed when she received what in Holland in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
(a) A valentines day card.
(b) An A-status refugee card.
(c) A mother's day card.
(d) A Babe Ruth rookie card.
9. In January 2006, Ayaan used her acceptance speech for the Reader's Digest "European of the Year" award to urge action to prevent what nation from developing nuclear weapons?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
10. In January 2003, the Liberal Party won what percentage of the vote?
11. In Chapter 14, "Leaving God," Ayaan visited her father where in the spring of 2000?
12. Where was Theo van Gogh going when he was shot?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To work.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To church.
13. The film made by Ayaan and Theo van Gogh used what to imply that the religion subjected women to unbearable oppression?
(a) Quotes from politicians.
(b) Quotes from religious leaders.
(c) Verses from the Quran.
(d) Children's stories.
14. What did Ayaan Hirsi Ali earn her MSc degree in?
(a) English Literature.
(c) Political Science.
15. What head of the Ministry of Justice began an official investigation into Ayaan's asylum case in the Epilogue?
(a) Mohammed Bouyeri.
(b) Rita Verdonk.
(c) Ali Wersengeli.
(d) Neelie Kroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Mahmoud Ahmadinejad born?
2. After the assassination of Theo van Gogh, Ayaan's security detail became even tighter and over how many days was she allowed minimal contact with friends or anyone in the outside world?
3. When did Ayaan return to Parliament in Chapter 17, "The Murder of Theo"?
4. Who was a refugee worker in Holland who encouraged Ayaan to study and helped her get a job as a translator?
5. Where did Ayaan decide to take a position in the U.S. in the Epilogue?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)