|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What editor of the feminist magazine "Opzij" did Ayaan contact to discuss how to raise funds from the government for protection after she began getting threats?
(a) Rita Verdonk.
(b) Salman Rushdie.
(c) Michel Onfray.
(d) Cisca Dresselhuys.
2. Where did Haweya insist on going in order to be with their mom and around Muslims in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
3. Ayaan was sent to a small town in what U.S. state when she went into hiding following the assassination of Theo van Gogh?
4. In Chapter 13, "Leiden," Ayaan is disillusioned by the Somalis and their way of living in Holland, as they do what?
(a) Waste everything and eat expensive food.
(b) Buy giant houses and pay others to take care of them.
(c) Wear revealing clothing and drive fast cars.
(d) Squandor money and treat each other badly.
5. Whose quotes did Ayaan claim to find in the Quran after the September 11 attacks in the U.S.?
(a) George W. Bush's.
(b) Osama Bin Laden's.
(c) Vincent van Gogh's.
(d) Salman Rushdie's.
6. When did Ayaan's father contact her to speak about faith and encourage her return to Islam in Chapter 16, "Politics"?
(a) April, 2006.
(b) December, 2000.
(c) May, 2004.
(d) June, 2001.
7. When was Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book "The Son Factory" published?
8. What, in addition to her name, did Ayaan lie about on her paperwork for refugee status in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her height.
(c) Her birthdate.
(d) Her religion.
9. With whom did Ayaan stay upon arriving in Amsterdam in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
(b) Aunt Khadija.
10. Theo van Gogh was related to what famous painter?
(d) Vincent van Gogh.
11. The note that was pinned to Theo van Gogh's body after his assassination was how many pages long?
12. When did Ayaan graduate with her master's degree in Chapter 14, "Leaving God"?
(a) June, 2002.
(b) September, 2000.
(c) April, 2003.
(d) August, 1999.
13. How many abortions did Haweya have in Chapter 12, "Haweya"?
14. When did Ayaan's short film made with Theo van Gogh air on Dutch television?
(a) August, 2004.
(b) July, 2001.
(c) November, 2005.
(d) September, 2003.
15. When does Ayaan describe having looked in the mirror and saying out loud that she did not believe in God in Chapter 14, "Leaving God"?
(a) March, 2005.
(b) January, 1998.
(c) August, 2004.
(d) May, 2002.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ayaan decide to take a position in the U.S. in the Epilogue?
2. What did Ayaan give her mother before returning to Holland in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
3. In August of what year did Ayaan officially become a Dutch citizen?
4. What did Ayaan Hirsi Ali earn her MSc degree in?
5. The note that was pinned to Theo van Gogh's body after his assassination threatened Western countries, Jews and whom?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)