|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was Theo van Gogh shot in his assassination?
2. In January 2006, Ayaan used her acceptance speech for the Reader's Digest "European of the Year" award to urge action to prevent what nation from developing nuclear weapons?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
3. What prominent politician in the Liberal Party did Ayaan meet in Chapter 15, "Threats" who wanted her to join the party and run for Parliament?
(a) Farah Goure.
(b) Salman Rushdie.
(c) Neelie Kroes.
(d) Rita Verdonk.
4. Where was Theo van Gogh going when he was shot?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To work.
(c) To church.
(d) To a movie.
5. After the assassination of Theo van Gogh, Ayaan's security detail became even tighter and over how many days was she allowed minimal contact with friends or anyone in the outside world?
6. Where did Ayaan decide to take a position in the U.S. in the Epilogue?
(a) The American Enterprise Institute.
(b) The Foundation for Freedom of Expression.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) The Royal and Diplomatic Protection Service.
7. Osman Moussa agreed to hold what meeting with the elders of the clan in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders"?
(a) A Hajj.
(b) A Hijab.
(c) A Miye.
(d) A tolka.
8. What, in addition to her name, did Ayaan lie about on her paperwork for refugee status in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
(a) Her religion.
(b) Her height.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her birthdate.
9. Who was a Dutch Protestant Christian that befriended Ayaan during her time in the Netherlands?
10. Ayaan's Dutch citizenship was left intact as she traveled promoting her first book where in the Epilogue?
(c) The U.S.
11. Ayaan rented a room from whom after her and Yasmin had a falling out?
12. Ayaan's fears were allayed when she received what in Holland in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
(a) A mother's day card.
(b) A valentines day card.
(c) An A-status refugee card.
(d) A Babe Ruth rookie card.
13. Who was a refugee worker in Holland who encouraged Ayaan to study and helped her get a job as a translator?
14. When Ayaan filled out her official paperwork for refugee status, she changed her name from Ayaan Hirsi Megan to what?
(a) Ayaan Hirsi Moussa.
(b) Ayaan Hirsi Farah.
(c) Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
(d) Ayaan Hirsi Isse.
15. In Chapter 12, "Haweya," Ayaan received housing and moved into her new place with what other Somali woman seeking refugee status in Holland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ayaan Hirsi Ali earn her MSc degree in?
2. Ayaan was determined to escape and so she went to visit what person whom she helped rescue and bring into Kenya from the border of Somalia in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
3. In Chapter 15, "Threats," Ayaan writes that when a major politician was shot and killed, she immediately thought it was a Muslim, but she was wrong, as it was actually who?
4. Where did Ayaan take a short break and visit for awhile to let things settle down in Holland in Chapter 15, "Threats"?
5. What Western-styled clothing did Ayaan begin wearing in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)