|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities?
2. When did Ayaan's father contact her to speak about faith and encourage her return to Islam in Chapter 16, "Politics"?
(a) May, 2004.
(b) December, 2000.
(c) June, 2001.
(d) April, 2006.
3. Ayaan received a residence permit within how much time of her arrival in the Netherlands?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
4. How many times was Theo van Gogh shot in his assassination?
5. How many abortions did Haweya have in Chapter 12, "Haweya"?
6. What prominent politician in the Liberal Party did Ayaan meet in Chapter 15, "Threats" who wanted her to join the party and run for Parliament?
(a) Neelie Kroes.
(b) Farah Goure.
(c) Salman Rushdie.
(d) Rita Verdonk.
7. In Chapter 12, "Haweya," Ayaan received housing and moved into her new place with what other Somali woman seeking refugee status in Holland?
8. In Chapter 14, "Leaving God," Ayaan visited her father where in the spring of 2000?
9. In Chapter 13, "Leiden," Ayaan is disillusioned by the Somalis and their way of living in Holland, as they do what?
(a) Wear revealing clothing and drive fast cars.
(b) Buy giant houses and pay others to take care of them.
(c) Squandor money and treat each other badly.
(d) Waste everything and eat expensive food.
10. Ayaan has admitted that she had lied in obtaining refugee status by devising a false story about having to flee Mogadishu and spending time in refugee camps on the border between what countries?
(a) Sudan and Ethiopia.
(b) Ethiopia and Somalia.
(c) Kenya and Sudan.
(d) Somalia and Kenya.
11. Where did Osman Moussa tell Ayaan to return in Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders"?
12. When was Mahmoud Ahmadinejad born?
13. Where was Ayaan able to say goodbye to her friend Theo van Gogh, as she did not attend his funeral?
(a) A ceremony.
(b) A coffeeshop.
(c) The morgue.
(d) The cemetery.
14. Ayaan learned that the family was looking for her through a letter from whom in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
(a) Mahad Magen.
(b) Osman Moussa.
(c) Haweya Magen.
(d) Asha Artan.
15. When Ayaan filled out her official paperwork for refugee status, she changed her name from Ayaan Hirsi Megan to what?
(a) Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
(b) Ayaan Hirsi Moussa.
(c) Ayaan Hirsi Isse.
(d) Ayaan Hirsi Farah.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, "A Trial by the Elders," Ayaan received a letter from her father requesting money for what?
2. Whose quotes did Ayaan claim to find in the Quran after the September 11 attacks in the U.S.?
3. When did Ayaan graduate with her master's degree in Chapter 14, "Leaving God"?
4. In Chapter 15, "Threats," Ayaan writes that when a major politician was shot and killed, she immediately thought it was a Muslim, but she was wrong, as it was actually who?
5. In August of what year did Ayaan officially become a Dutch citizen?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)