|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she was eight, Hirsi Ali's family left Somalia for what country?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
2. What was the last film Theo van Gogh completed before his death?
3. What caused Ayaan's mother to become even more hostile toward others in Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives"?
(a) She got divorced.
(b) She lost a child in stillbirth.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She had an affair.
4. In Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace," Ayaan compares her parents, considering her father more gentle and believing in the spirit of the laws while her mother was stricter and teaching what?
(a) Penal code chapters.
(b) The number of the law.
(c) The letter of the law.
5. Who in Ayaan's family rebels against all of the Islamic rules in Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance"?
(a) Haweya Magen.
(b) Asha Artan.
(c) Hirsi Magen Isse.
(d) Mahad Magen.
6. Chapter 7, "Disillusion and Deceit" describes what length of time in which Ayaan lived in Somalia?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 2 years.
7. An adherent of Islam is called what?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Mormon.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A Muslim.
8. What in the Islamic faith is a juristic ruling concerning Islamic law issued by an Islamic scholar?
9. Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace" starts with the family moving where?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
10. When did Theo van Gogh die?
11. When was Ayaan Hirsi Ali born?
12. Where did Ayaan and her sister flee when Somalia fell further into civil war and fighting spread to Mogadishu in Chapter 7, "Disillusion and Deceit"?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
13. What does Ayaan write back regarding her cousin to a young woman in Chapter 8, "Refugees"?
(a) They are divorced.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are only cousins.
(d) They are enemies.
14. What was the name of Ayaan's half-sister through her father who was very religious and wore the veil?
15. Where did Ayaan attend a secretarial course in Nairobi?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(b) Leiden University.
(c) Valley Secretarial College.
(d) Columbia University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ayaan's grandmother whom she describes in Chapter One?
2. What does the SSDF stand for?
3. Ayaan shared the secret of her marriage to a cousin with only whom in Chapter 7, "Disillusion and Deceit"?
4. Hirsi Ali's father had studied abroad and was opposed to what traditional practice in Somalia?
5. Food permissible for Muslims is known as what?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)