|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ayaan's sister in "Infidel"?
(a) Haweya Magen.
(b) Ayeeyo Magen.
(c) Khadija Magen.
(d) Asha Artan.
2. What non-Muslim country did Ayaan's family gain entrance into after being deported from Saudi Arabia in Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace"?
3. In Chapter 5, "Secret Rendezvous, Sex, and the Scent of Sukumawiki," Ayaan attended school where she struggled with what new language as well as English?
4. Haweya returns and she and Ayaan attend what together in Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance"?
(a) Culinary school.
(b) Secretarial school.
(c) Welding school.
(d) Columbia University.
5. What cousin had officiated as Ayaan's guardian at her secret wedding to her cousin?
(a) Osman Moussa.
(b) Mohammed Bouyeri.
(c) Ali Wersengeli.
(d) Salman Rushdie.
6. In Chapter Two, "Under the Talal Tree," the story focuses on Ayaan's early childhood memories growing up where with her mother, grandmother, brother, and sister?
7. Before leaving the country in Chapter 9, "Abeh," Ayaan's mother overheard her and Haweya discussing plans for Ayaan to do what?
(a) Divorce her husband.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Move to Haiti.
8. What refers to an ancient juridical notion under which a person persecuted for political opinions or religious beliefs in his or her own country may be protected by another sovereign authority, a foreign country, or church sanctuaries?
(a) Right of passage.
(b) Right of asylum.
(c) Right of detention.
(d) Right of religion.
9. Chapter 9, "Abeh" begins in April of what year?
10. Who was Hirsi Megan's first wife?
(a) Haweya Magen.
(b) Maryan Farah.
(c) Aunt Khadija.
(d) Ibado Dhadey Megan.
11. Where was Ayaan Hirsi Ali born?
(b) South Africa.
12. Where did Ayaan attend a secretarial course in Nairobi?
(a) Valley Secretarial College.
(b) Columbia University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) Leiden University.
13. An adherent of Islam is called what?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Mormon.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A Muslim.
14. Where was it decided that Ayaan would go to await a visa to accompany her new husband in Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
15. What caused Ayaan's mother to become even more hostile toward others in Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives"?
(a) She got divorced.
(b) She lost a child in stillbirth.
(c) She had an affair.
(d) She had an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country did Ayaan's family move after leaving Ethiopia in Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives"?
2. When was Siad Barre born?
3. What refers to the countryside in Somalia, and is sometimes used as a descriptive word in the book to explain people who are backwards or not modern nor progressive?
4. What is the term referring to the pilgrimage to Mecca that is obligatory upon all able Muslims?
5. What was the name of Ayaan's half-sister through her father who was modern and wanted to live like the West?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)