|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term referring to the pilgrimage to Mecca that is obligatory upon all able Muslims?
2. What non-Muslim country did Ayaan's family gain entrance into after being deported from Saudi Arabia in Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace"?
3. What is the moral code and religious law of Islam?
(a) Halal Law.
(b) Sharia Law.
(c) Kosher Law.
(d) Muslim Law.
4. Food permissible for Muslims is known as what?
(a) Organic food.
(b) Kosher food.
(c) Halal food.
(d) Sharia food.
5. In Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace," Ayaan compares her parents, considering her father more gentle and believing in the spirit of the laws while her mother was stricter and teaching what?
(a) Penal code chapters.
(b) The letter of the law.
(c) The number of the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ayaan's fears were allayed when she received what in Holland in Chapter 10, "Running Away"?
2. What country was Ayaan's family unable to enter after being deported from Saudi Arabia in Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace"?
3. What is the name of Ayaan's mother in the book?
4. Ayaan moved into a student house with how many other students in Chapter 13, "Leiden"?
5. What does Ayaan write back regarding her cousin to a young woman in Chapter 8, "Refugees"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)