|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, "Under the Talal Tree," Ayaan's family moved out of the city to what countryside village for a short time?
2. To what country did Ayaan's family move after leaving Ethiopia in Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives"?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
3. What is the name of Ayaan's brother in the narrative?
(a) Mahad Magen.
(b) Hirsi Magen Isse.
(c) Ahmed Magen.
(d) Farah Goure.
4. Which of Ayaan's siblings did particularly well in school in Chapter 5, "Secret Rendezvous, Sex, and the Scent of Sukumawiki"?
(a) Haweya Magen.
(b) Osman Moussa.
(c) Mahad Magen.
(d) Ibado Dhadey Megan.
5. Where did Ayaan arrive with her mother, brother and sister and become stranded at the airport in Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an ancient juridical notion under which a person persecuted for political opinions or religious beliefs in his or her own country may be protected by another sovereign authority, a foreign country, or church sanctuaries?
2. In Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace," Ayaan compares her parents, considering her father more gentle and believing in the spirit of the laws while her mother was stricter and teaching what?
3. Who in Ayaan's family rebels against all of the Islamic rules in Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance"?
4. Food permissible for Muslims is known as what?
5. What does Ayaan write back regarding her cousin to a young woman in Chapter 8, "Refugees"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)