|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to both the head covering traditionally worn by Muslim women and modest Muslim styles of dress in general?
2. Where did Ayaan arrive with her mother, brother and sister and become stranded at the airport in Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace"?
3. In Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance" Ayaan begins wearing what?
(a) A wig.
(d) A veil.
4. Who, in addition to Ayaan's mother, beat her severely in Chapter 5, "Secret Rendezvous, Sex, and the Scent of Sukumawiki"?
(a) Her religion teacher.
(b) A group of girls at school.
(c) A street vendor.
(d) A bus driver.
5. In what year was Ayaan's family deported from Saudi Arabia immediately in Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hirsi Ali's father had studied abroad and was opposed to what traditional practice in Somalia?
2. In Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives," Ayaan attends school with whom?
3. What does the SSDF stand for?
4. How long was the film produced by Theo van Gogh and Ayaan Hirsi Ali?
5. What in the Islamic faith is a juristic ruling concerning Islamic law issued by an Islamic scholar?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)