|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives," Ayaan attends school with whom?
2. Siad Barre was the military dictator and President of the Somali Democratic Republic from 1969 until what year?
3. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. When was Theo van Gogh born?
5. What caused Ayaan's mother to become even more hostile toward others in Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives"?
(a) She had an affair.
(b) She got divorced.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She lost a child in stillbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Theo Van Gogh was a member of what Dutch republican society which advocates the abolition of the Dutch monarchy?
2. Where did Hirsi Magan Isse earn a degree in anthropology?
3. In what year does Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace" begin?
4. What is the name of Ayaan Hirsi Ali's father?
5. After her first husband died, Ayaan's mother requested and received a divorce then moved where?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)