|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace," Ayaan compares her parents, considering her father more gentle and believing in the spirit of the laws while her mother was stricter and teaching what?
(a) Penal code chapters.
(b) The number of the law.
(c) The letter of the law.
2. Who was part of the Osman Mahamud clan and hosted Ayaan when she first arrived in Germany?
3. Who was not pleased with the return of Ayaan's father and refused to speak to him in Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
(b) Asha Artan.
4. In Chapter Two, "Under the Talal Tree," Ayaan and her sister continued to play and annoy the adults to such an extent that they decided to do what?
(a) Marry them off.
(b) Send them to live with their grandparents.
(c) Send them to a convent.
(d) Put them in school.
5. Ayaan received a residence permit within how much time of her arrival in the Netherlands?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ayaan arrive with her mother, brother and sister and become stranded at the airport in Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace"?
2. In Chapter Two, "Under the Talal Tree," the story focuses on Ayaan's early childhood memories growing up where with her mother, grandmother, brother, and sister?
3. Where did Hirsi Magan Isse earn a degree in anthropology?
4. Where was it decided that Ayaan would go to await a visa to accompany her new husband in Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
5. In Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace," Ayaan's father had rushed off to join a coup against what?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)