|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Siad Barre was the military dictator and President of the Somali Democratic Republic from 1969 until what year?
2. Where did Ayaan's father return in the beginning of Chapter 9, "Abeh"?
3. What does the SSDF stand for?
(a) The Student's Salvation Democratic Front.
(b) The Sudanese Salvation Demographic Front.
(c) The Somali Sudanese Democratic Front.
(d) The Somali Salvation Democratic Front.
4. In what year does Chapter 3, "Playing Tag in Allah's Palace" begin?
5. In Chapter Four, "Weeping Orphans and Widowed Wives," Ayaan attends school with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranged for the circumcisions of Ayaan and her siblings in Chapter Two, "Under the Talal Tree"?
2. Who in Ayaan's family rebels against all of the Islamic rules in Chapter 6, "Doubt and Defiance"?
3. Hirsi Magan Isse was a part of Somalia's political elite and a leader in what earliest and most influential factions in the Somali Civil War?
4. What term is used in the text to refer to a dutiful wife to her husband?
5. When was Siad Barre born?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)