• In the Introduction, the author describes the death of Theo van Gogh, who was killed by an extremist after making a film with Ayaan Hirsi Ali which questioned Islam and the Quran.
• The short film was 10 minutes long and aired on Dutch television, questioning the idea of submission and was about defiance.
• Although they both knew making the film was dangerous, Theo would not remove his name from it, as he had spent most of his life questioning different belief systems.
• Ayaan introduces herself briefly, sharing her moves from different countries in the Middle East and Africa and then to Europe, where she became a Member of Parliament in Holland.
• Ayaan lived with armoured guards and was forced out of her home because her neighbors argued they had a right to safety as well.
• Ayaan eventually decides to move to the U.S. as a debate about...
This section contains 2,346 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)