|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Flora's mother run off to with another man?
2. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
3. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
4. Who does Flora call to bring refreshments?
5. What does the English couple say the Rajah of Jummapur collects?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Compare India to the country it was under British rule to the independent country it is today. How has Indian independence affected the county in the following areas: 1) Poverty. 2) Crime. 3) Economy.
Essay Topic 2Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3Look at the cultural gap between the characters. What different experiences did each of the main character go through? What problems does the cultural gap cause the characters?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)