|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
2. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
3. What does Das say servants are terrible for?
4. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
5. What does Pike refer to the Rajah as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the cultural gap between the characters. What different experiences did each of the main character go through? What problems does the cultural gap cause the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following historical figures in Stoppard's novel and discuss how Stoppard represents them in Indian Ink and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Stoppard's representation of that person's life?
1. D. H Lawrence.
2. The Rajah.
3. John Chamberlain.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Mrs. Swan's claim that Biographies distort rather than tell the truth.
1) What are the arguments for and against her claim?
2) Which argument do you agree with and why??
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)