|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora tell Das she is suffering from?
2. Which character was killed in 1944?
3. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
4. What was Mr. Swan doing when he suffered his stroke?
5. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical figures in Stoppard's novel and discuss how Stoppard represents them in Indian Ink and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Stoppard's representation of that person's life?
1. D. H Lawrence.
2. The Rajah.
3. John Chamberlain.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the cultural gap between the characters. What different experiences did each of the main character go through? What problems does the cultural gap cause the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)