|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
2. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
3. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
4. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
5. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)