|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora say Das has to be prepared to face if he wants to be an artist?
2. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
3. What state do Dilip and Pike enter in Act 2, Part 5?
4. What culture does Das say he is fascinated by?
5. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Flora's character to the person she was at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1) What did Flora hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Flora ideas about life?
3) How has Flora's character changed by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)