|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state do Dilip and Pike enter in Act 2, Part 5?
2. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
3. Which character was killed in 1944?
4. What kind of journey did Flora's doctor suggest she make?
5. What do the English couple banter with Flora about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the cultural gap between the characters. What different experiences did each of the main character go through? What problems does the cultural gap cause the characters?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)