|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
2. Who arrives to take Flora for a ride in his car?
3. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
4. Why is Das angry at Flora?
5. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
INDIAN INK is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following historical figures in Stoppard's novel and discuss how Stoppard represents them in Indian Ink and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Stoppard's representation of that person's life?
1. D. H Lawrence.
2. The Rajah.
3. John Chamberlain.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)