|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the English couple say the Rajah of Jummapur collects?
2. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
3. What does Pike say he has discovered?
4. Whose lecture caused the Theosophical Society to be closed down?
5. What disease does gin and tonic provide a vaccination against?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does view the twentieth century? What impact has his own ideas on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the novel? How does Stoppard develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)