Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Das angry at Flora?
2. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
3. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
4. What does the Rajah offer to drive past Flora?
5. What does Pike say he has discovered?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Stoppard's previous plays and contrast it with INDIAN INK in terms of the following:
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)