|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Das say servants are terrible for?
2. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
3. What is Flora wearing in bed?
4. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
5. Why does Das say everyone knew about Flora's illness before she even arrived?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare India to the country it was under British rule to the independent country it is today. How has Indian independence affected the county in the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Stoppard's previous plays and contrast it with INDIAN INK in terms of the following:
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)