|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pike say he has discovered?
2. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
3. What was Mr. Swan doing when he suffered his stroke?
4. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
5. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
INDIAN INK is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)