|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Flora's mother run off to with another man?
2. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
3. What do the English couple banter with Flora about?
4. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
5. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the novel? How does Stoppard develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Mrs. Swan's claim that Biographies distort rather than tell the truth.
1) What are the arguments for and against her claim?
2) Which argument do you agree with and why??
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)