|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
2. Which character was killed in 1944?
3. What does the English couple say the Rajah of Jummapur collects?
4. What has caused the suspension of the Theosophical Society?
5. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare India to the country it was under British rule to the independent country it is today. How has Indian independence affected the county in the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)