|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Flora and Durance do in the historic area of the stage?
2. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
3. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
4. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
5. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Mrs. Swan's claim that Biographies distort rather than tell the truth.
1) What are the arguments for and against her claim?
2) Which argument do you agree with and why??
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following historical figures in Stoppard's novel and discuss how Stoppard represents them in Indian Ink and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Stoppard's representation of that person's life?
1. D. H Lawrence.
2. The Rajah.
3. John Chamberlain.
Essay Topic 3
Look at the cultural gap between the characters. What different experiences did each of the main character go through? What problems does the cultural gap cause the characters?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)