|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flora wearing in bed?
2. Why does Das say everyone knew about Flora's illness before she even arrived?
3. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
4. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
5. Who does Dilip say beggars help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Mrs. Swan's claim that Biographies distort rather than tell the truth.
1) What are the arguments for and against her claim?
2) Which argument do you agree with and why??
Essay Topic 2
Compare India to the country it was under British rule to the independent country it is today. How has Indian independence affected the county in the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)