|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does gin and tonic provide a vaccination against?
2. Who does Dilip say beggars help?
3. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
4. Why is Das angry at Flora?
5. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the novel? How does Stoppard develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Compare British and Indian culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)