|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
2. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
3. What does the Rajah offer to drive past Flora?
4. What does Pike say he has discovered?
5. Who does Flora say invited her to lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical figures in Stoppard's novel and discuss how Stoppard represents them in Indian Ink and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Stoppard's representation of that person's life?
1. D. H Lawrence.
2. The Rajah.
3. John Chamberlain.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
Essay Topic 3
Compare India to the country it was under British rule to the independent country it is today. How has Indian independence affected the county in the following areas:
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)