|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flora say invited her to lunch?
2. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
3. What do Flora and Durance do in the historic area of the stage?
4. What does Dilip bring Pike in this scene?
5. What country did Flora's mother run off to with another man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Stoppard's previous plays and contrast it with INDIAN INK in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)