|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Flora say she wants to take a trip?
2. What does Pike refer to the Rajah as?
3. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
4. What does the Rajah say Flora sent his grandfather?
5. Who does Dilip say beggars help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Flora's character to the person she was at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1) What did Flora hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Flora ideas about life?
3) How has Flora's character changed by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)