|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora tell Das she is having difficulty with?
2. What does Mr. Coomaraswami promise to take Flora on the following day?
3. What does Das cover his painting with?
4. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
5. Where does Dilip want to take a photograph of Pike from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Dilip give Pike?
2. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
3. How do Das and Flora indicate the beginnings of a sexual intimacy?
4. How does Flora react to Das' over enthusiasm?
5. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
6. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
7. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
8. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
9. What do Das and Flora say about religion?
10. What does the passage Flora reads from the book describe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
INDIAN INK is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does view the twentieth century? What impact has his own ideas on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
This section contains 1,396 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)