|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anish react when he sees the portrait?
2. Where did Modigliani burn his painting?
3. What kind of painting does Anish have with him?
4. What is Rasa?
5. What is the name of Pike's guide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
2. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
3. What does Flora say about E.M Forster in this act?
4. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
6. How does Das say he learned English?
7. What information does Dilip give Pike?
8. What reason does Flora give Durance for coming to India?
9. Who is the young man waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
10. How did Flora meet Das?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
How does view the twentieth century? What impact has his own ideas on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)