|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Das say was his ex-wife's build?
2. What is the name of the book Pike is putting together about Flora?
3. Who is the enemy Flora refers to in her letters?
4. What color dress is Flora wearing?
5. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flora say Das has to do to become a true artist?
2. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
3. What do Das and Flora say about religion?
4. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
5. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
6. How did Flora meet Das?
7. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
8. How does Das help Flora when she collapses?
9. What is rasa?
10. What information does Dilip give Pike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the cultural gap between the characters. What different experiences did each of the main character go through? What problems does the cultural gap cause the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)