Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
2. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
3. What color dress is Flora wearing?
4. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
5. What does Anish ask to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
2. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
3. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
4. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
5. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
6. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
7. What does the passage Flora reads from the book describe?
8. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
9. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
10. What does Mrs. Swan tell Anish about Indian history?
Look at the cultural gap between the characters. What different experiences did each of the main character go through? What problems does the cultural gap cause the characters?
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality reflected in the play?
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)