|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recommended India to Flora?
2. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
3. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
4. What decade is Mrs. Swan's part of the play set in?
5. What is the name of the book Pike is putting together about Flora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Durance tell Flora about the riot earlier in the day?
2. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
3. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
4. How did Durance hear about Flora's illness?
5. What happened to the first portrait of Flora?
6. What does Flora say Das has to do to become a true artist?
7. What information does Dilip give Pike?
8. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
9. Describe Flora's first meeting with Mr. Commaraswami.
10. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare India to the country it was under British rule to the independent country it is today. How has Indian independence affected the county in the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Compare Flora's character to the person she was at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1) What did Flora hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Flora ideas about life?
3) How has Flora's character changed by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 3
How does view the twentieth century? What impact has his own ideas on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)