|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress is Flora wearing?
2. Where did Das draw his pencil sketch of Flora?
3. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
4. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
5. Who does Flora say is the only person who has a key to the icebox?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
2. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What does Flora tell Das about how her sister?
4. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
5. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
6. What does Flora mean by the enemy?
7. How did Durance hear about Flora's illness?
8. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
9. Who is the young man waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
10. What does Flora say about the watercolor Das gives her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the cultural gap between the characters. What different experiences did each of the main character go through? What problems does the cultural gap cause the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Flora's character to the person she was at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1) What did Flora hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Flora ideas about life?
3) How has Flora's character changed by the end of the play?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)