|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of communication does Flora use to narrate her journey?
2. What kind of game do Flora and Das play at the table?
3. What is Anish's occupation?
4. What is the name of Flora's sister?
5. Who is Anish sketching in this scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
2. Describe Flora's first meeting with Mr. Commaraswami.
3. What do Flora and Captain Durance talk about?
4. Why does Stoppard mention so many famous names?
5. What does Flora say Das has to do to become a true artist?
6. What do Flora and Das say about Chamberlain?
7. What does Durance tell Flora about the riot earlier in the day?
8. How does Pike know he is in the exact same spot as Flora's old cottage?
9. What is rasa?
10. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does view the twentieth century? What impact has his own ideas on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following historical figures in Stoppard's novel and discuss how Stoppard represents them in Indian Ink and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Stoppard's representation of that person's life?
1. D. H Lawrence.
2. The Rajah.
3. John Chamberlain.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)