|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of imagery does Flora's poem contain?
2. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
3. What does Nazrul tell Das has happened to the pate?
4. Who is Anish sketching in this scene?
5. Where does Dilip want to take a photograph of Pike from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pike know he is in the exact same spot as Flora's old cottage?
2. What does Flora tell Das about how her sister?
3. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
4. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
6. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
7. What do Das and Flora say about religion?
8. How did Durance hear about Flora's illness?
9. What is happening in both eras at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
10. What information does Dilip give Pike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Stoppard's previous plays and contrast it with INDIAN INK in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)