Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
2. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
3. What color dress is Flora wearing?
4. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
5. What does Anish ask to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
2. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
3. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
4. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
5. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
6. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
7. What does the passage Flora reads from the book describe?
8. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
9. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
10. What does Mrs. Swan tell Anish about Indian history?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Stoppard's previous plays and contrast it with INDIAN INK in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)