|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the beautiful married woman Das refers to?
2. Who does Flora tell to shut up?
3. What does Das say was his ex-wife's build?
4. Who does Mrs. Swan say she is worried about?
5. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
2. How does Das say he learned English?
3. How does Pike know he is in the exact same spot as Flora's old cottage?
4. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
5. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
6. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
7. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
8. What does Flora mean by the enemy?
9. How does Flora react to Das' over enthusiasm?
10. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
Essay Topic 2
How does view the twentieth century? What impact has his own ideas on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)