|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
2. Who does Flora tell to shut up?
3. What is Rasa?
4. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
5. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Das and Flora indicate the beginnings of a sexual intimacy?
2. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
3. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
4. How did Durance hear about Flora's illness?
5. How did Flora meet Das?
6. How does Das think people learned of Flora's illness?
7. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
8. What is happening in both eras at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
9. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
10. How does Das say he learned English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare British and Indian culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality reflected in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)