|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anish know his father did not finish the painting?
2. What does Flora do as Das sets up his painting gear?
3. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
4. How does Anish react when he sees the portrait?
5. What does Mrs Swan serve Anish on her tray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dilip tell Pike about Indian beggars?
2. What reason does Flora give Durance for coming to India?
3. What is rasa?
4. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
5. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
6. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
7. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
8. Why does Flora say shut up?
9. Why is Durance suspicious of Flora and Das' relationship?
10. How does the audience know Pike has arrived in India?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
INDIAN INK is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Compare Flora's character to the person she was at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1) What did Flora hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Flora ideas about life?
3) How has Flora's character changed by the end of the play?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)