|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
2. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
3. What color dress is Flora wearing?
4. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
5. What does Anish ask to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
2. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
3. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
4. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
5. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
6. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
7. What does the passage Flora reads from the book describe?
8. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
9. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
10. What does Mrs. Swan tell Anish about Indian history?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. The Indian nationalists declare war against the British.
2. The Rajah is assassinated.
3. Das fathers Flora's child.
Essay Topic 3
INDIAN INK is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)