|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
2. Where did Das draw his pencil sketch of Flora?
3. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
4. Who recommended India to Flora?
5. Who does Mrs. Swan say she is worried about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
2. What does Mrs. Swan tell Anish about Indian history?
3. How do Das and Flora indicate the beginnings of a sexual intimacy?
4. What does Flora tell Nell in the letter she narrates in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How did Flora meet Das?
6. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
7. Why has Pike come to visit Mrs. Swan?
8. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
9. Why does Flora say shut up?
10. How does Das think people learned of Flora's illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare India to the country it was under British rule to the independent country it is today. How has Indian independence affected the county in the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality reflected in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)