|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nazrul tell Das has happened to the pate?
2. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
3. What does Flora liken Das to?
4. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
5. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
2. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
3. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
4. Describe Flora's first meeting with Mr. Commaraswami.
5. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
6. What does Flora tell Nell in the letter she narrates in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
8. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
9. What is rasa?
10. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Stoppard's previous plays and contrast it with INDIAN INK in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following historical figures in Stoppard's novel and discuss how Stoppard represents them in Indian Ink and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Stoppard's representation of that person's life?
1. D. H Lawrence.
2. The Rajah.
3. John Chamberlain.
Essay Topic 3
INDIAN INK is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
This section contains 1,422 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)