|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the enemy Flora refers to in her letters?
2. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
3. What is the name of Pike's guide?
4. What did Anish's father demonstrate against?
5. What is Pike's nationality?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
2. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
3. Why is Durance suspicious of Flora and Das' relationship?
4. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
5. What does the passage Flora reads from the book describe?
6. What happened to the first portrait of Flora?
7. What does Flora mean by the enemy?
8. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
9. What does Flora say about the watercolor Das gives her?
10. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the cultural gap between the characters. What different experiences did each of the main character go through? What problems does the cultural gap cause the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality reflected in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Mrs. Swan's claim that Biographies distort rather than tell the truth.
1) What are the arguments for and against her claim?
2) Which argument do you agree with and why??
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)