|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Das say Flora painted him a picture of with words?
2. What E.M. Forster novel does Flora reference?
3. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
4. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora?
5. What is Anish's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
2. Why does Flora say Mrs. Swan probably has more news about India than herself?
3. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
4. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
5. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
6. What information does Dilip give Pike?
7. Why does Stoppard mention so many famous names?
8. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
9. What does Mrs. Swan tell Anish about Indian history?
10. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical figures in Stoppard's novel and discuss how Stoppard represents them in Indian Ink and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Stoppard's representation of that person's life?
1. D. H Lawrence.
2. The Rajah.
3. John Chamberlain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare British and Indian culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)