|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the God Raha ran off with?
2. Who does Flora say is the only person who has a key to the icebox?
3. Who does Flora tell to shut up?
4. What is the name of Pike's guide?
5. Who is Flora writing to in Act 1, Part 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stoppard mention so many famous names?
2. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
3. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
4. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
5. Describe the argument between Das and Flora in Act 1, Part 6.
6. What do Flora and Captain Durance talk about?
7. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
8. Describe Flora's first meeting with Mr. Commaraswami.
9. What happened to the first portrait of Flora?
10. How does Pike know he is in the exact same spot as Flora's old cottage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does view the twentieth century? What impact has his own ideas on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)