|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flora say is the only person who has a key to the icebox?
2. For which society is Mr. Coomaraswami the President?
3. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
4. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
5. What does Mrs Swan serve Anish on her tray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
2. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
3. What does Anish tell Mrs. Swan about his father's background?
4. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
5. Describe the argument between Das and Flora in Act 1, Part 6.
6. What does Durance tell Flora about the riot earlier in the day?
7. How does Das say he learned English?
8. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
9. What is rasa?
10. Why does Anish say the authorities put his father into prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Mrs. Swan's claim that Biographies distort rather than tell the truth.
1) What are the arguments for and against her claim?
2) Which argument do you agree with and why??
Essay Topic 2
Compare British and Indian culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)