|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Das say Flora painted him a picture of with words?
2. What is Rasa?
3. How does Anish react when he sees the portrait?
4. What is the name of Flora's servant?
5. Who had previously referred to the painting Anish has brought with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the book UP THE COUNTRY about?
2. What is happening in both eras at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
3. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
4. Why does Stoppard mention so many famous names?
5. What does Dilip tell Pike about Indian beggars?
6. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What did Anish's father leave him after his death?
8. What does Flora say about the watercolor Das gives her?
9. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
10. How does Pike know he is in the exact same spot as Flora's old cottage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical figures in Stoppard's novel and discuss how Stoppard represents them in Indian Ink and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Stoppard's representation of that person's life?
1. D. H Lawrence.
2. The Rajah.
3. John Chamberlain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare India to the country it was under British rule to the independent country it is today. How has Indian independence affected the county in the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)