|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Das say everyone knew about Flora's illness before she even arrived?
(a) Her doctor sent a warning to the people.
(b) Her letters were opened.
(c) She suggested it in one of her poems.
(d) They read British newspapers.
2. What does Dilip bring Pike in this scene?
(a) Tea and cakes.
(b) A jacket and tie.
(c) A hat and gloves.
(d) Shorts and a t-shirt.
3. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
(a) His religious paintings.
(b) His erotic paintings.
(c) His war paintings.
(d) His own paintings.
4. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
5. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
(a) Indian literature.
(b) Indian confidence.
(c) Indian music.
(d) Indian art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
2. Where does Flora say she wants to take a trip?
3. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
4. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
5. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)