|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Das offer to Flora when she cries?
(a) His paintings.
(b) His coat.
(c) His handkerchief.
(d) His hand.
2. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
(a) Sir Conan Arthur Doyle.
(b) Enid Blyton.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) H. G Wells.
3. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
(a) Indian confidence.
(b) Indian music.
(c) Indian literature.
(d) Indian art.
4. What disease does gin and tonic provide a vaccination against?
5. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
(a) The nationalistic way of life.
(b) The British way of life.
(c) The Hindu way of life.
(d) The Chinese way of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
2. Which character was killed in 1944?
3. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
4. What does Dilip tell Pike is a way of life in India?
5. Why is Das angry at Flora?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)