|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her painting.
(c) Her cottage.
(d) Her bicycle.
2. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
(a) Reading her writings.
(b) Getting her panties off.
(c) Having in depth conversations.
(d) Borrowing money from her.
3. What color dress is Flora wearing?
4. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
(a) Pigs are sacred animals.
(b) They are vegetarian.
(c) It is a sin.
(d) It does not agree with them.
5. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's poetry.
(b) Flora's photographs.
(c) Flora's portrait.
(d) Flora's book collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
2. Where do Durance and Flora make plans to go to the following Saturday?
3. Who painted Flora's portrait?
4. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
5. How does Anish describe his painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
2. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
3. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
4. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
5. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
6. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
7. What does the passage Flora reads from the book describe?
8. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
9. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
10. What does Mrs. Swan tell Anish about Indian history?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)