|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
(a) Up the Alley.
(b) You Are Who You Are.
(c) Indian Utopia.
(d) Up the Country.
2. Where does Pike say Flora wants to head after Das finishes her portrait?
(b) The North Country.
(d) The West Country.
3. Who is Flora writing to in Act 1, Part 5?
(a) Her parents.
(b) H. G. Wells.
(c) Captain Durrance.
(d) Mrs. Swan.
4. What is Anish's occupation?
(a) A writer.
(b) A painter.
(c) A cartoonist.
(d) A journalist.
5. What does Flora liken Das to?
(a) A mother eagle.
(b) An injured elephant.
(c) An eager dog.
(d) A pregnant cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anish describe his painting?
2. For which society is Mr. Coomaraswami the President?
3. Who is the enemy Flora refers to in her letters?
4. What does Flora do as Das sets up his painting gear?
5. What does Mrs. Swan dislike about Pike's letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Das help Flora when she collapses?
2. Why has Pike come to visit Mrs. Swan?
3. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
4. What does Mrs. Swan tell Anish about Indian history?
5. Why does Anish say the authorities put his father into prison?
6. How did Durance hear about Flora's illness?
7. How does the audience know Pike has arrived in India?
8. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
9. What information does Dilip give Pike?
10. What do Das and Flora say about religion?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)