|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Swan serve Anish on her tray?
2. What decade is Mrs. Swan's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1990s.
3. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
(a) It does not agree with them.
(b) It is a sin.
(c) Pigs are sacred animals.
(d) They are vegetarian.
4. What kind of imagery does Flora's poem contain?
5. Who painted Flora's portrait?
(a) Mr. Swan.
(b) Mrs. Swan.
(c) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Flora and Das stop work to do?
2. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
3. What kind of game do Flora and Das play at the table?
4. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
5. What does Nazrul tell Das has happened to the pate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
2. How does the audience know Pike has arrived in India?
3. How does Flora react to Das' over enthusiasm?
4. What is the book UP THE COUNTRY about?
5. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
6. Why does Flora say shut up?
7. What does Flora say about the watercolor Das gives her?
8. What does Mrs. Swan tell Anish about Indian history?
9. What does Dilip tell Pike about Indian beggars?
10. What does Flora mean by the enemy?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)