|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pike say Flora wants to head after Das finishes her portrait?
(b) The North Country.
(d) The West Country.
2. Where does Dilip want to take a photograph of Pike from?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A tower.
(c) A roof.
(d) A bridge.
3. What does Mrs. Swan dislike about Pike's letters?
(a) The format.
(b) The editing.
(c) The footnotes.
(d) The highlights.
4. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
(a) His portfolio.
(b) His painting gear.
(c) A pile of books.
(d) A bundle of flowers.
5. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
2. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
3. Who is the enemy Flora refers to in her letters?
4. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
5. What did Anish's father demonstrate against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the first portrait of Flora?
2. How did Flora meet Das?
3. Who is the young man waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
4. What does Anish tell Mrs. Swan about his father's background?
5. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
6. What does Flora mean by the enemy?
7. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
8. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
9. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
10. What does Durance say about the political situation in India?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)