|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dilip want to take a photograph of Pike from?
(a) A tower.
(b) A roof.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A cliff.
2. What does Flora say her sister probably hears more than she does?
(a) News about Britain.
(b) News about the literature scene.
(c) News about India.
(d) News about their parents.
3. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
(a) Studying symbolism in poetry.
(b) Writing a biography.
(c) Talking to old people.
(d) Reading love letters.
4. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
5. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's book collection.
(b) Flora's portrait.
(c) Flora's poetry.
(d) Flora's photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
2. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
3. What do Flora and Das stop work to do?
4. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
5. What was the name of the God Raha ran off with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flora react to Das' over enthusiasm?
2. Who is the young man waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
3. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
4. What does Flora say about the watercolor Das gives her?
5. What happened to the first portrait of Flora?
6. What is happening in both eras at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
7. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
8. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
9. What does Durance say about the political situation in India?
10. What did Anish's father leave him after his death?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)