|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's photographs.
(b) Flora's poetry.
(c) Flora's book collection.
(d) Flora's portrait.
2. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
(a) His portfolio.
(b) A bundle of flowers.
(c) A pile of books.
(d) His painting gear.
3. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
4. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
(a) The British.
(b) The French.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Pakistanis.
5. What does Das say was his ex-wife's build?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora liken Das to?
2. What is the name of the beautiful married woman Das refers to?
3. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
4. What kind of tea service does Mrs. Swan have in England?
5. What is the name of Flora's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Durance say about the political situation in India?
2. What information does Dilip give Pike?
3. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
4. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
5. Why does Anish say the authorities put his father into prison?
6. How does the audience know Pike has arrived in India?
7. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
8. Why does Flora say shut up?
9. What does Flora tell Das about how her sister?
10. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)