|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Durance's rank?
2. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
(a) The French.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The Pakistanis.
(d) The British.
3. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
4. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
5. What does Flora ask Nazrul to bring her?
(d) Curried potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anish's occupation?
2. Who is waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
3. Who does Flora say is the only person who has a key to the icebox?
4. Who does Flora tell to shut up?
5. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
2. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
3. How does the audience know Pike has arrived in India?
4. What is the book UP THE COUNTRY about?
5. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
6. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
7. What does Flora say Das has to do to become a true artist?
8. Why does Flora say shut up?
9. What is rasa?
10. What does Durance say about the political situation in India?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)