|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Swan say the oil painting she has upstairs looks like?
(a) A British seaside postcard.
(b) A Chinese landscape.
(c) An Indian movie poster.
(d) A Japanese Vignette.
2. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
3. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1930s.
4. How does Anish know his father did not finish the painting?
(a) He did not sign it.
(b) He can still see the pencil marks.
(c) It has no background.
(d) It lacks color.
5. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flora stop posing for Das in Act 1, Part 4?
2. How does Anish react when he sees the portrait?
3. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
4. What does Das cover his painting with?
5. What E.M. Forster novel does Flora reference?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anish say the authorities put his father into prison?
2. How does the audience know Pike has arrived in India?
3. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
4. Why does Flora say Mrs. Swan probably has more news about India than herself?
5. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
6. What does Flora say she will never forgive herself for?
7. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
8. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
9. What does Flora say Das has to do to become a true artist?
10. What does Anish tell Mrs. Swan about his father's background?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)