|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Das say he had yesterday, but does not have today?
(a) The right karma.
(b) The right rasa.
(c) The right clothes.
(d) The right paints.
2. What does Flora say her sister probably hears more than she does?
(a) News about their parents.
(b) News about the literature scene.
(c) News about India.
(d) News about Britain.
3. What is Rasa?
(a) The positive enerrgy giving out by natural life.
(b) The emotional or spiritual object of a thing.
(c) An Indian sacrificial cermony.
(d) An Indian royal feast banned by the British.
4. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
(a) Coca Cola.
5. What does Mrs. Swan dislike about Pike's letters?
(a) The footnotes.
(b) The highlights.
(c) The format.
(d) The editing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
2. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
3. What does Mrs. Swan say the oil painting she has upstairs looks like?
4. What is the name of Pike's guide?
5. What does Flora liken Das to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the argument between Das and Flora in Act 1, Part 6.
2. What is rasa?
3. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
4. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
5. Who is the young man waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
6. What do Flora and Das say about Chamberlain?
7. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
8. How does Das think people learned of Flora's illness?
9. What happened to the first portrait of Flora?
10. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)