|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Coomaraswami promise to take Flora on the following day?
(a) A bicycle ride.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A swim.
(d) A hike.
2. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
3. Who is Anish sketching in this scene?
(b) Mr. Pike.
(c) Mrs. Swan.
4. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
(a) Reading love letters.
(b) Writing a biography.
(c) Talking to old people.
(d) Studying symbolism in poetry.
5. What does Pike say is the most exciting part of his work?
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Reading the letters.
(d) Creating footnotes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
2. What method of communication does Flora use to narrate her journey?
3. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
4. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
5. What does Das cover his painting with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flora say about E.M Forster in this act?
2. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
3. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
4. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
5. How did Durance hear about Flora's illness?
6. What does Flora say she will never forgive herself for?
7. Why is Durance suspicious of Flora and Das' relationship?
8. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
9. How did Flora meet Das?
10. What do Flora and Das say about Chamberlain?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)