|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of painting does Anish have with him?
(a) A water color.
(b) A pop art painting.
(c) A expressionist painting.
(d) An oil painting.
2. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
(a) Talking to old people.
(b) Reading love letters.
(c) Writing a biography.
(d) Studying symbolism in poetry.
3. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
(a) Tea and cake.
(b) Pate and toast.
(c) Wine and chips.
(d) Coffee and biscuits.
4. What does Das say was his ex-wife's build?
5. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
(a) Coca Cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Flora's servant?
2. What does Mr. Swan refer to the First War of Independence as?
3. What color dress is Flora wearing?
4. What is the name of Pike's guide?
5. Where does Pike say Flora wants to head after Das finishes her portrait?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
2. Describe the argument between Das and Flora in Act 1, Part 6.
3. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
4. What does Durance tell Flora about the riot earlier in the day?
5. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
6. What does Flora say she will never forgive herself for?
7. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
8. Describe Mrs. Swan's first meeting with her husband?
9. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
10. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)