|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
(a) A young Pakistani man.
(b) A young Indian man.
(c) An young Japanese man
(d) A young Chinese man.
2. What is the name of the book Pike is putting together about Flora?
(a) Collected Letters.
(b) An English Woman in India.
(c) Collected Poems.
(d) An English Heroine.
3. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's book collection.
(b) Flora's photographs.
(c) Flora's poetry.
(d) Flora's portrait.
4. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
(d) Coca Cola.
5. What is the young Indian man's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anish sketching in this scene?
2. What is Rasa?
3. What does Mrs. Swan dislike about Pike's letters?
4. What was the name of the God Raha ran off with?
5. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Flora and Captain Durance talk about?
2. What does Durance tell Flora about the riot earlier in the day?
3. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
4. Describe Mrs. Swan's first meeting with her husband?
5. How does Flora react to Das' over enthusiasm?
6. Why has Pike come to visit Mrs. Swan?
7. Why does Flora say Mrs. Swan probably has more news about India than herself?
8. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
9. Why does Flora say shut up?
10. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)