|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had previously referred to the painting Anish has brought with him?
(c) Mrs. Swan.
2. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
3. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's portrait.
(b) Flora's poetry.
(c) Flora's book collection.
(d) Flora's photographs.
4. What is the name of Pike's guide?
5. What kind of game do Flora and Das play at the table?
(a) A card game.
(b) A guessing game.
(c) A word game.
(d) A music game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of imagery does Flora's poem contain?
2. What does Flora say her sister probably hears more than she does?
3. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
4. What does Flora liken Das to?
5. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
2. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
3. What does Flora tell Das about how her sister?
4. What is the book UP THE COUNTRY about?
5. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
6. How does Das help Flora when she collapses?
7. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
8. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
9. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
10. What does Durance tell Flora about the riot earlier in the day?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)