|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's photographs.
(b) Flora's book collection.
(c) Flora's portrait.
(d) Flora's poetry.
2. What is Durance's rank?
3. Why does Flora stop posing for Das in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She has cramp.
(b) She needs to meet Durrance.
(c) She is frustrated with her work.
(d) Das is making advances.
4. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
(a) Pike's book.
(b) The Guardian newspaper.
(c) The Times Newspaper.
(d) Flora's poetry books.
5. For which society is Mr. Coomaraswami the President?
(a) The Radical Society.
(b) The Philosphical Society.
(c) The Theosophical Society.
(d) The Psychological Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anish react when he sees the portrait?
2. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
3. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
4. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
5. What two religions do Das and Flora talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
2. How did Flora meet Das?
3. How does Pike know he is in the exact same spot as Flora's old cottage?
4. What is happening in both eras at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
5. How does Das say he learned English?
6. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
7. How did Durance hear about Flora's illness?
8. Why does Flora say Mrs. Swan probably has more news about India than herself?
9. Describe the argument between Das and Flora in Act 1, Part 6.
10. What reason does Flora give Durance for coming to India?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)