|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Coomaraswami promise to take Flora on the following day?
(a) A swim.
(b) A hike.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A bicycle ride.
2. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
(a) Going to jail.
(b) A British woman.
(c) A British scalp.
(d) Getting beaten by a policeman.
3. What is the name of the book Pike is putting together about Flora?
(a) Collected Poems.
(b) An English Heroine.
(c) An English Woman in India.
(d) Collected Letters.
4. What does Nazrul tell Das has happened to the pate?
(a) Someone has bought it.
(b) It has been stolen.
(c) It has gone off.
(d) It has been eaten.
5. What famous writer does Flora say she does not want to be asked about?
(a) George Elliott.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Virgina Woolf.
(d) Muriel Sparks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Flora see sculptures of Gods?
2. Who does Flora tell to shut up?
3. What does Flora liken Das to?
4. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
5. What kind of imagery does Flora's poem contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the argument between Das and Flora in Act 1, Part 6.
2. How did Flora meet Das?
3. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
4. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
5. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
6. How does Das think people learned of Flora's illness?
7. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
8. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
9. Why has Pike come to visit Mrs. Swan?
10. How does Das help Flora when she collapses?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)