|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1930s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1950s.
2. Who does Mrs. Swan say she is worried about?
(c) Her husband.
3. What kind of tea service does Mrs. Swan have in England?
(a) An English tea service.
(b) An Indian tea service.
(c) A Nepalese tea service.
(d) A Chinese tea service.
4. What does Flora do as Das sets up his painting gear?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Eats breakfast.
(c) Writes a poem.
(d) Makes tea.
5. What is Durance's rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
2. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
3. What name does Flora use to address Mrs. Swan?
4. What famous writer does Flora say she does not want to be asked about?
5. Who had previously referred to the painting Anish has brought with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
2. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
3. Describe Flora's first meeting with Mr. Commaraswami.
4. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
5. What does Flora say about the watercolor Das gives her?
6. Why has Pike come to visit Mrs. Swan?
7. What does Flora tell Das about how her sister?
8. What does Flora say Das has to do to become a true artist?
9. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
10. What happened to the first portrait of Flora?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)