|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had previously referred to the painting Anish has brought with him?
(c) Mrs. Swan.
2. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
3. What is the name of Flora's sister?
(a) Mrs. Bird.
(b) Mrs. Pinkton.
(c) Mrs. Swan.
(d) Mrs. Horace.
4. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
5. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
(a) The Guardian newspaper.
(b) The Times Newspaper.
(c) Pike's book.
(d) Flora's poetry books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Flora and Das stop work to do?
2. What kind of painting does Anish have with him?
3. What does Pike say is the most exciting part of his work?
4. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
5. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anish know his father's work is unfinished?
2. What information does Dilip give Pike?
3. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
4. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
5. How does Pike know he is in the exact same spot as Flora's old cottage?
6. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
7. How do Das and Flora indicate the beginnings of a sexual intimacy?
8. What does Flora tell Nell in the letter she narrates in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. Why is Durance suspicious of Flora and Das' relationship?
10. What is the book UP THE COUNTRY about?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)