|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Swan refer to the First War of Independence as?
(a) The Mutiny.
(b) Judgement Day.
(c) The Day of Reckoning.
(d) The Disgrace.
2. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
3. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's book collection.
(b) Flora's portrait.
(c) Flora's photographs.
(d) Flora's poetry.
4. What does Flora liken Das to?
(a) An eager dog.
(b) A mother eagle.
(c) An injured elephant.
(d) A pregnant cat.
5. What E.M. Forster novel does Flora reference?
(a) Passage to India.
(b) Where Angels Fear to Tread.
(c) A Room With a View.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recommended India to Flora?
2. Who is Flora writing to in Act 1, Part 5?
3. What is Anish's occupation?
4. What does Das say was his ex-wife's build?
5. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Flora and Das say about Chamberlain?
2. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
3. Who is the young man waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
4. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
5. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
6. What are Flora and Durance doing in the historic part of the stage?
7. Why has Pike come to visit Mrs. Swan?
8. Why does Flora say Mrs. Swan probably has more news about India than herself?
9. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
10. What does Durance say about the political situation in India?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)