|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rasa?
(a) The emotional or spiritual object of a thing.
(b) The positive enerrgy giving out by natural life.
(c) An Indian royal feast banned by the British.
(d) An Indian sacrificial cermony.
2. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
3. What does Flora liken Das to?
(a) A mother eagle.
(b) An eager dog.
(c) A pregnant cat.
(d) An injured elephant.
4. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
5. What does Mrs. Swan say the oil painting she has upstairs looks like?
(a) An Indian movie poster.
(b) A Japanese Vignette.
(c) A Chinese landscape.
(d) A British seaside postcard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Flora once pour over a critic's head?
2. What does Mr. Coomaraswami promise to take Flora on the following day?
3. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
4. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
5. What is the name of the beautiful married woman Das refers to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pike know he is in the exact same spot as Flora's old cottage?
2. What information does Dilip give Pike?
3. Describe the argument between Das and Flora in Act 1, Part 6.
4. What is rasa?
5. What does Flora mean by the enemy?
6. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
7. Who is the young man waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
8. What does Dilip tell Pike about Indian beggars?
9. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
10. Why has Pike come to visit Mrs. Swan?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)