|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
2. Who is waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
(a) An young Japanese man
(b) A young Pakistani man.
(c) A young Chinese man.
(d) A young Indian man.
3. Who is the enemy Flora refers to in her letters?
(a) The Indian nationalists.
(b) The British government.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) A critic.
4. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
(a) The French.
(b) The Pakistanis.
(c) The British.
(d) The Indians.
5. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nazrul tell Das has happened to the pate?
2. What does Flora tell Das she is having difficulty with?
3. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
4. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
5. What does Flora ask Nazrul to bring her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
2. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
3. What does Dilip tell Pike about Indian beggars?
4. What role does Mrs. Swan say her husband played in India?
5. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
6. What does Durance say about the political situation in India?
7. What does Flora tell Das about how her sister?
8. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
9. What information does Dilip give Pike?
10. What does Flora tell Nell in the letter she narrates in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)