|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two religions do Das and Flora talk about?
(a) Islam and Christianity.
(b) Buddhism and Islam.
(c) Buddhism and Hinduism.
(d) Christianity and Hinduism.
2. What is Anish's occupation?
(a) A painter.
(b) A cartoonist.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A writer.
3. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
(a) Pate and toast.
(b) Wine and chips.
(c) Coffee and biscuits.
(d) Tea and cake.
4. How does Anish describe his painting?
(a) Dully colored.
(b) Much the same.
(d) Fun and bright.
5. Who painted Flora's portrait?
(b) Van Gogh.
(c) Mr. Swan.
(d) Mrs. Swan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
2. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
3. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
4. What is the name of the town where Flora met Mr. Coomaraswami?
5. What kind of painting does Anish have with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
2. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
3. Why has Pike come to visit Mrs. Swan?
4. How does Das say he learned English?
5. Why does Anish decide not to tell Pike about his father's watercolor?
6. What does Durance tell Flora about the riot earlier in the day?
7. What does Flora tell Das about how her sister?
8. What information does the Rajah have for Pike about Flora?
9. How does Das help Flora when she collapses?
10. What does Flora say about the watercolor Das gives her?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)