|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
(a) Flora's poetry books.
(b) The Guardian newspaper.
(c) The Times Newspaper.
(d) Pike's book.
2. How does Anish react when he sees the portrait?
(a) He weeps.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He faints.
(d) He laughs.
3. What language does Nazrul respond to Flora in?
4. What color dress is Flora wearing?
5. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
(b) Coca Cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
2. What is Pike's nationality?
3. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
4. Where do Durance and Flora make plans to go to the following Saturday?
5. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
2. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
3. Why does Flora say Mrs. Swan probably has more news about India than herself?
4. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
5. What does Flora mean by the enemy?
6. What is the book UP THE COUNTRY about?
7. What did Anish's father leave him after his death?
8. Why is Durance suspicious of Flora and Das' relationship?
9. How did Durance hear about Flora's illness?
10. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)