|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
2. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
3. What does Pike say is the most exciting part of his work?
(a) Creating footnotes.
(c) Meeting new people.
(d) Reading the letters.
4. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
(a) Pate and toast.
(b) Tea and cake.
(c) Coffee and biscuits.
(d) Wine and chips.
5. How does Anish know his father did not finish the painting?
(a) He can still see the pencil marks.
(b) It has no background.
(c) He did not sign it.
(d) It lacks color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rasa?
2. Where do Durance and Flora make plans to go to the following Saturday?
3. What is the name of Flora's servant?
4. Who painted Flora's portrait?
5. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
2. Why does Mrs. Swan think the symbolism in Das' painting is rubbish?
3. What does Flora mean by the enemy?
4. How does the audience know Pike has arrived in India?
5. What did Churchill say would happen if Britain lost India?
6. What does Flora say she will never forgive herself for?
7. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
8. Why is Flora worried about Nazrul?
9. Who is the young man waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
10. How did Flora meet Das?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)