|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora ask Nazrul to bring her?
(d) Curried potatoes.
2. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
(a) Up the Country.
(b) Indian Utopia.
(c) Up the Alley.
(d) You Are Who You Are.
3. What does Mr. Swan refer to the First War of Independence as?
(a) The Mutiny.
(b) The Day of Reckoning.
(c) Judgement Day.
(d) The Disgrace.
4. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
5. What does Flora tell Das she is having difficulty with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of game do Flora and Das play at the table?
2. Where does Dilip want to take a photograph of Pike from?
3. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
4. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
5. What language does Nazrul respond to Flora in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Flora learn about the Theosophical Society in Act 2, Part 4?
2. What do Das and Flora say about religion?
3. Why are Das and Flora struggling to work?
4. What does Flora fear during her lecture?
5. What does Durance say about the political situation in India?
6. What does Flora tell Das about how her sister?
7. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
8. Why has Pike come to visit Mrs. Swan?
9. What does Mrs. Swan tell Anish about Indian history?
10. What do Flora and Captain Durance talk about?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)