|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Flora and Das stop work to do?
2. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
(a) Pike's book.
(b) The Times Newspaper.
(c) The Guardian newspaper.
(d) Flora's poetry books.
3. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
(a) A pile of books.
(b) A bundle of flowers.
(c) His painting gear.
(d) His portfolio.
4. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
5. Who is waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
(a) A young Chinese man.
(b) A young Indian man.
(c) A young Pakistani man.
(d) An young Japanese man
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of painting does Anish have with him?
2. What is the young Indian man's name?
3. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
4. Who painted Flora's portrait?
5. What does Pike say is the most exciting part of his work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Flora and Captain Durance talk about?
2. Why does Stoppard mention so many famous names?
3. Why does the Rajah want to drive his cars past Flora?
4. What happened to the first portrait of Flora?
5. Who is the young man waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
6. What does Dilip tell Pike about Indian beggars?
7. What does Anish tell Mrs. Swan about his father's background?
8. Why does Flora say Mrs. Swan probably has more news about India than herself?
9. Why does Mrs. Swan dislike biographies?
10. What does Das tell Flora about Indian art?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)