|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Swan dislike about Pike's letters?
(a) The format.
(b) The highlights.
(c) The footnotes.
(d) The editing.
2. What does Mrs. Swan say the oil painting she has upstairs looks like?
(a) A British seaside postcard.
(b) A Chinese landscape.
(c) An Indian movie poster.
(d) A Japanese Vignette.
3. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
(a) A British scalp.
(b) Going to jail.
(c) A British woman.
(d) Getting beaten by a policeman.
4. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
(a) Talking to old people.
(b) Writing a biography.
(c) Studying symbolism in poetry.
(d) Reading love letters.
5. Why does Flora stop posing for Das in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She has cramp.
(b) She is frustrated with her work.
(c) She needs to meet Durrance.
(d) Das is making advances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pike say is the most exciting part of his work?
2. What is the young Indian man's name?
3. What language does Nazrul respond to Flora in?
4. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
5. What does Flora liken Das to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora in Act 1, Part 2?
2. Why does Mrs. Swan cry about Flora?
3. What scandal was Flora involved in in England?
4. What does Anish say about Indian paintings?
5. Why is Durance suspicious of Flora and Das' relationship?
6. What does Flora say about E.M Forster in this act?
7. Why does Flora say shut up?
8. Describe Mrs. Swan's first meeting with her husband?
9. Why does Anish say the authorities put his father into prison?
10. What do Flora and Captain Durance talk about?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)