|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
(a) The boy's life goals.
(b) His bank balance.
(c) The economic balance.
(d) The boy's parents.
2. What does the Rajah say Flora sent his grandfather?
(a) A novel.
(b) A thank you card.
(c) A poem
(d) A telegraph.
3. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
(b) Paces up and down.
(c) Sits and waits.
4. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
(a) The Chronicle.
(b) The Flag.
(c) The Debate.
(d) The Horn.
5. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
(a) It would not allow Flora to see them at her most beautiful.
(b) They need their daily drive.
(c) He promised to allow his servants to drive them.
(d) It would deny them their identity.
6. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
(a) Benjamin Disraeli.
(b) Neville Chamberlain.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Edward Pitt.
7. What does Pike say he has discovered?
(a) Das wrote Flora's Indian poetry.
(b) Flora was a British spy.
(c) Das has a son.
(d) Flora had Das's child.
8. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(a) Das's dead wife.
(c) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
(d) Mrs. Swan.
9. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(d) Mrs. Swan.
10. Why does Das say everyone knew about Flora's illness before she even arrived?
(a) Her doctor sent a warning to the people.
(b) They read British newspapers.
(c) She suggested it in one of her poems.
(d) Her letters were opened.
11. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
(a) Indian Hindus.
(b) Indian born officers.
(c) Indian women.
(d) Indian Sikhs.
12. Who was the riot earlier in the day against?
(a) The Indian nationalists.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Indian govenment.
13. Which character was killed in 1944?
(c) The Rajah.
14. What does Flora say Das has to be prepared to face if he wants to be an artist?
15. Who does Flora say invited her to lunch?
(a) The Rajah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
2. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
3. Who does Dilip say beggars help?
4. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
5. What culture does Das say he is fascinated by?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)