|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pike say he has discovered?
(a) Flora had Das's child.
(b) Flora was a British spy.
(c) Das has a son.
(d) Das wrote Flora's Indian poetry.
2. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
(b) The world.
3. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The boy who brought her water.
(b) The servant listening at the door.
(c) The boy operating the fan.
(d) The servant who is driving him home.
4. Who does Dilip say beggars help?
(a) People who want to move to a better place in their lives.
(b) People who have too much money to spend.
(c) People who need to do something good for their soul.
(d) People who have never fallen in love.
5. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
(a) H. G Wells.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Sir Conan Arthur Doyle.
(d) Enid Blyton.
6. What kind of alcoholic drink do Mrs. Swan and Anish talk about?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(b) Vodka and coke.
(c) Wine and lemonade.
(d) Whisky and coke.
7. What state do Dilip and Pike enter in Act 2, Part 5?
8. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
(a) Indian music.
(b) Indian confidence.
(c) Indian literature.
(d) Indian art.
9. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
(a) Indian born officers.
(b) Indian Hindus.
(c) Indian women.
(d) Indian Sikhs.
10. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Live with him.
(c) Make love to him.
(d) Marry him.
11. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
12. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(a) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
(c) Das's dead wife.
(d) Mrs. Swan.
13. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(c) Mrs. Swan.
14. What special day is the day of Das' death?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Easter Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) New Years Day.
15. Who arrives to take Flora for a ride in his car?
(b) The Rajah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
2. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
3. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
4. What do Flora and Durance do in the historic area of the stage?
5. Why does the Rajah say he does not like the term Your Highness?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)