|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Flora and Durance do in the historic area of the stage?
2. What does Flora tell Das she is suffering from?
(a) Water in the lungs.
(b) A weak bladder.
(c) Water in the brain.
(d) A burst appendix.
3. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
(a) H.G. Wells.
4. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(c) Mrs. Swan.
5. What was Mr. Swan doing when he suffered his stroke?
(a) Hiking in the New Forest.
(b) Refereeing a football match.
(c) Running on a treadmill.
(d) Umpiring a cricket match.
6. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
7. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
(a) Indian born officers.
(b) Indian women.
(c) Indian Hindus.
(d) Indian Sikhs.
8. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
9. What does the Rajah say Flora sent his grandfather?
(a) A telegraph.
(b) A thank you card.
(c) A novel.
(d) A poem
10. What does Rajah say cars have to do to be cars?
(a) Have an owner.
(d) Have gas.
11. Why does Flora say she came to India?
(a) To find a husband.
(b) To cure her illness.
(c) To die.
(d) To work on a novel.
12. What does Pike say he has discovered?
(a) Flora was a British spy.
(b) Das has a son.
(c) Flora had Das's child.
(d) Das wrote Flora's Indian poetry.
13. What special day is the day of Das' death?
(a) New Years Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Easter Day.
(d) Independence Day.
14. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
(a) Benjamin Disraeli.
(b) Neville Chamberlain.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Edward Pitt.
15. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
2. What was the name of the boat Flora's mother sailed on to America?
3. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
4. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
5. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)