|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
(a) The Hindu way of life.
(b) The Chinese way of life.
(c) The British way of life.
(d) The nationalistic way of life.
2. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
(a) Rode an elephant.
(b) Ate at a cafe.
(c) Rode a horse.
3. What was Mr. Swan doing when he suffered his stroke?
(a) Umpiring a cricket match.
(b) Refereeing a football match.
(c) Hiking in the New Forest.
(d) Running on a treadmill.
4. What does the Rajah offer to drive past Flora?
(a) His collection of bicycles.
(b) His collection of scooters.
(c) His collection of motorbikes.
(d) His collection of cars.
5. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
(a) The Debate.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The Horn.
(d) The Flag.
6. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
(a) They broke up.
(b) He left the country.
(c) He died.
(d) She left the country.
7. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
(a) Sir Conan Arthur Doyle.
(b) Enid Blyton.
(c) H. G Wells.
(d) Charles Dickens.
8. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of absurdity.
(b) The language of expressionism.
(c) The language of love.
(d) The language of symbols.
9. What kind of alcoholic drink do Mrs. Swan and Anish talk about?
(a) Wine and lemonade.
(b) Gin and tonic.
(c) Whisky and coke.
(d) Vodka and coke.
10. What does Das rip up?
(a) Flora's writings.
(b) His sketch of Flora.
(c) His photographs of Flora.
(d) His painting of Flora.
11. Who does Flora call to bring refreshments?
(d) Mrs. Swan.
12. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
(a) Flora's health.
(b) Flora's relationship with critics.
(c) Flora's relationship with Das.
(d) Flora's clothes.
13. What does Das offer to Flora when she cries?
(a) His handkerchief.
(b) His coat.
(c) His paintings.
(d) His hand.
14. What country did Flora's mother run off to with another man?
15. What has caused the suspension of the Theosophical Society?
(a) Flora's lecture.
(b) The riots.
(c) British rule.
(d) Chamberlain's lecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
2. What does the Rajah say Flora sent his grandfather?
3. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
4. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
5. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)