|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Das angry at Flora?
(a) She is being impolite.
(b) She is not in love with him.
(c) She dislikes Indian culture.
(d) He has looked at the canvas.
2. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
3. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The boy operating the fan.
(b) The servant listening at the door.
(c) The servant who is driving him home.
(d) The boy who brought her water.
4. What does the Rajah offer to drive past Flora?
(a) His collection of bicycles.
(b) His collection of motorbikes.
(c) His collection of scooters.
(d) His collection of cars.
5. What does Pike say he has discovered?
(a) Flora had Das's child.
(b) Das has a son.
(c) Flora was a British spy.
(d) Das wrote Flora's Indian poetry.
6. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Live with him.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Make love to him.
(d) Marry him.
7. What was Mr. Swan doing when he suffered his stroke?
(a) Running on a treadmill.
(b) Refereeing a football match.
(c) Umpiring a cricket match.
(d) Hiking in the New Forest.
8. Which character was killed in 1944?
(c) The Rajah.
9. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
(a) They broke up.
(b) He left the country.
(c) She left the country.
(d) He died.
10. What does Dilip tell Pike is a way of life in India?
11. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
(a) Rode a horse.
(b) Ate at a cafe.
(d) Rode an elephant.
12. What did Anish's father leave him?
(a) A computer box.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A shoebox.
(d) A suitcase.
13. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
14. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
(a) The Chronicle.
(b) The Flag.
(c) The Debate.
(d) The Horn.
15. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
(a) His erotic paintings.
(b) His own paintings.
(c) His religious paintings.
(d) His war paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
2. Who does Flora notice owned one of the cars before the Rajah?
3. Who does Flora say invited her to lunch?
4. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
5. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)