|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Swan doing when he suffered his stroke?
(a) Hiking in the New Forest.
(b) Refereeing a football match.
(c) Running on a treadmill.
(d) Umpiring a cricket match.
2. Why does the Rajah say he does not like the term Your Highness?
(a) He is a politician.
(b) He feels socially lower than Pike.
(c) He was not born into the family.
(d) He is non religious.
3. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
(a) H. G Wells.
(b) E.M Forster.
4. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
(a) Indian confidence.
(b) Indian music.
(c) Indian literature.
(d) Indian art.
5. Who does Flora notice owned one of the cars before the Rajah?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her ex-fiance.
6. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Sir Conan Arthur Doyle.
(c) Enid Blyton.
(d) H. G Wells.
7. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
(a) The nationalistic way of life.
(b) The Chinese way of life.
(c) The British way of life.
(d) The Hindu way of life.
8. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
(b) The world.
9. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
(a) Neville Chamberlain.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Edward Pitt.
(d) Benjamin Disraeli.
10. Who arrives to take Flora for a ride in his car?
(b) The Rajah.
11. What did Anish's father leave him?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A shoebox.
(c) A computer box.
(d) A suitcase.
12. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
(a) The boy's parents.
(b) His bank balance.
(c) The economic balance.
(d) The boy's life goals.
13. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
(a) He left the country.
(b) They broke up.
(c) He died.
(d) She left the country.
14. Why does Flora say she came to India?
(a) To find a husband.
(b) To work on a novel.
(c) To cure her illness.
(d) To die.
15. What culture does Das say he is fascinated by?
(a) English culture.
(b) Irish culture.
(c) Scottish culture.
(d) Welsh culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
2. Who does Dilip say beggars help?
3. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
4. What does the English couple say the Rajah of Jummapur collects?
5. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)