|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
(a) H.G. Wells.
2. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
(a) Das's arrest.
(b) Das's reward for his painting.
(c) Das's marriage.
(d) Das's meeting with Gandhi.
3. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
(a) Indian Hindus.
(b) Indian born officers.
(c) Indian Sikhs.
(d) Indian women.
4. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
5. Who does the note say is coming to meet Pike?
(a) The fan boy.
(c) The Rajah.
6. What kind of alcoholic drink do Mrs. Swan and Anish talk about?
(a) Vodka and coke.
(b) Wine and lemonade.
(c) Gin and tonic.
(d) Whisky and coke.
7. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
(a) A tiger walks into the house.
(b) A man screams.
(c) Flora has a seizure.
(d) The electricity goes off.
8. Why does Flora say she came to India?
(a) To cure her illness.
(b) To find a husband.
(c) To die.
(d) To work on a novel.
9. Who was the riot earlier in the day against?
(a) The Indian govenment.
(b) The Indian nationalists.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
10. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
11. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The boy who brought her water.
(b) The servant listening at the door.
(c) The servant who is driving him home.
(d) The boy operating the fan.
12. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
(a) Indian art.
(b) Indian confidence.
(c) Indian literature.
(d) Indian music.
13. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
(a) H. G Wells.
(d) E.M Forster.
14. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Live with him.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Run away with him.
15. What does the Rajah say Flora sent his grandfather?
(a) A thank you card.
(b) A telegraph.
(c) A novel.
(d) A poem
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the English couple banter with Flora about?
2. What culture does Das say he is fascinated by?
3. What was Nazrul delayed by?
4. What did Anish's father leave him?
5. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)