|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of love.
(b) The language of expressionism.
(c) The language of symbols.
(d) The language of absurdity.
2. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Live with him.
(d) Marry him.
3. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
4. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
(a) The Hindu way of life.
(b) The Chinese way of life.
(c) The British way of life.
(d) The nationalistic way of life.
5. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
(c) Sits and waits.
(d) Paces up and down.
6. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
(b) H.G. Wells.
7. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
(a) The Debate.
(b) The Flag.
(c) The Chronicle.
(d) The Horn.
8. What has caused the suspension of the Theosophical Society?
(a) The riots.
(b) Flora's lecture.
(c) Chamberlain's lecture.
(d) British rule.
9. Which character was killed in 1944?
(d) The Rajah.
10. What special day is the day of Das' death?
(a) Easter Day.
(b) New Years Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
11. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
(a) An electric fan.
(b) A radio.
(c) A television.
(d) A gas lamp.
12. Why does Das say Nazrul cannot bring refreshments?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is out.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He has quit.
13. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
(a) They need their daily drive.
(b) It would deny them their identity.
(c) It would not allow Flora to see them at her most beautiful.
(d) He promised to allow his servants to drive them.
14. Who was the riot earlier in the day against?
(a) The Indian nationalists.
(b) The Indian govenment.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
15. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
(a) The boy's life goals.
(b) The boy's parents.
(c) The economic balance.
(d) His bank balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
2. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
3. What does Dilip bring Pike in this scene?
4. What does the English couple say the Rajah of Jummapur collects?
5. What does Das rip up?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)