|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
(c) E.M Forster.
(d) H. G Wells.
2. What does Das sarcastically call himself?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A genius.
(c) A bum.
(d) A hack.
3. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of expressionism.
(b) The language of absurdity.
(c) The language of symbols.
(d) The language of love.
4. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
5. What was the name of the boat Flora's mother sailed on to America?
(a) The Mayflower.
(b) The Bluebell.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The Titanic.
6. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
7. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
8. What kind of journey did Flora's doctor suggest she make?
(a) A hike at high altitude.
(b) A short plane journey.
(c) A hike a low altitude.
(d) A long sea voyage.
9. What does Pike refer to the Rajah as?
(a) Your Highness.
(b) Your Lordship.
10. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
(a) He died.
(b) She left the country.
(c) He left the country.
(d) They broke up.
11. What was Nazrul delayed by?
(a) A traffic queue.
(b) A televison show.
(c) A film.
(d) A riot.
12. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
(a) The nationalistic way of life.
(b) The Chinese way of life.
(c) The British way of life.
(d) The Hindu way of life.
13. What does Das rip up?
(a) His painting of Flora.
(b) His sketch of Flora.
(c) Flora's writings.
(d) His photographs of Flora.
14. What do Flora and Durance do in the historic area of the stage?
15. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
(a) The Horn.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The Debate.
(d) The Flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
2. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
3. What does Pike say he has discovered?
4. What does Flora say Das has to be prepared to face if he wants to be an artist?
5. Why is Das angry at Flora?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)