|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the riot earlier in the day against?
(a) The French.
(b) The British.
(c) The Indian nationalists.
(d) The Indian govenment.
2. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
(a) Enid Blyton.
(b) H. G Wells.
(c) Sir Conan Arthur Doyle.
(d) Charles Dickens.
3. What does Rajah say cars have to do to be cars?
(b) Have gas.
(c) Have an owner.
4. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
5. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
6. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
(a) Das's arrest.
(b) Das's meeting with Gandhi.
(c) Das's reward for his painting.
(d) Das's marriage.
7. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
8. What kind of journey did Flora's doctor suggest she make?
(a) A long sea voyage.
(b) A short plane journey.
(c) A hike a low altitude.
(d) A hike at high altitude.
9. Whose lecture caused the Theosophical Society to be closed down?
10. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
(a) The nationalistic way of life.
(b) The British way of life.
(c) The Chinese way of life.
(d) The Hindu way of life.
11. What does Das sarcastically call himself?
(a) A hack.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A bum.
(d) A genius.
12. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
(a) H.G. Wells.
13. Who does Flora notice owned one of the cars before the Rajah?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her ex-fiance.
14. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
(a) Flora's relationship with critics.
(b) Flora's health.
(c) Flora's clothes.
(d) Flora's relationship with Das.
15. What does Flora tell Das she is suffering from?
(a) Water in the brain.
(b) A burst appendix.
(c) A weak bladder.
(d) Water in the lungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
2. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
3. What country did Flora's mother run off to with another man?
4. What does Mrs. Swan say killed her husband?
5. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)