|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Swan doing when he suffered his stroke?
(a) Umpiring a cricket match.
(b) Refereeing a football match.
(c) Running on a treadmill.
(d) Hiking in the New Forest.
2. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
(a) A radio.
(b) A gas lamp.
(c) An electric fan.
(d) A television.
3. What was the name of the boat Flora's mother sailed on to America?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The Bluebell.
(c) The Mayflower.
(d) The Titanic.
4. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
(c) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
(d) Das's dead wife.
5. What do the English couple banter with Flora about?
(a) English men.
(b) Famous poets.
(c) Dead writers.
(d) English food.
6. Why does the Rajah say he does not like the term Your Highness?
(a) He is non religious.
(b) He is a politician.
(c) He feels socially lower than Pike.
(d) He was not born into the family.
7. Who does Flora call to bring refreshments?
(d) Mrs. Swan.
8. What does Dilip tell Pike is a way of life in India?
9. What culture does Das say he is fascinated by?
(a) English culture.
(b) Welsh culture.
(c) Irish culture.
(d) Scottish culture.
10. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(b) Mrs. Swan.
11. What does Das sarcastically call himself?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A bum.
(c) A genius.
(d) A hack.
12. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
(c) E.M Forster.
(d) H. G Wells.
13. What do Flora and Durance do in the historic area of the stage?
14. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
(a) A tiny island.
(b) A vulnerable country.
(c) A smaller power.
(d) A simmering wreck.
15. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Live with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
2. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
3. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
4. What was Nazrul delayed by?
5. What does Pike refer to the Rajah as?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)