|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boat Flora's mother sailed on to America?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The Titanic.
(c) The Bluebell.
(d) The Mayflower.
2. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of symbols.
(b) The language of absurdity.
(c) The language of expressionism.
(d) The language of love.
3. What kind of alcoholic drink do Mrs. Swan and Anish talk about?
(a) Whisky and coke.
(b) Wine and lemonade.
(c) Vodka and coke.
(d) Gin and tonic.
4. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
(a) The electricity goes off.
(b) Flora has a seizure.
(c) A tiger walks into the house.
(d) A man screams.
5. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(d) Mrs. Swan.
6. What country did Flora's mother run off to with another man?
7. What does Das sarcastically call himself?
(a) A genius.
(b) A bum.
(c) A hack.
(d) A traitor.
8. Why does the Rajah say he does not like the term Your Highness?
(a) He feels socially lower than Pike.
(b) He is non religious.
(c) He was not born into the family.
(d) He is a politician.
9. What culture does Das say he is fascinated by?
(a) Welsh culture.
(b) Scottish culture.
(c) English culture.
(d) Irish culture.
10. What does Das say servants are terrible for?
(d) Falling in love.
11. What does Pike say he has discovered?
(a) Das has a son.
(b) Flora was a British spy.
(c) Flora had Das's child.
(d) Das wrote Flora's Indian poetry.
12. What does the Rajah say Flora sent his grandfather?
(a) A thank you card.
(b) A poem
(c) A telegraph.
(d) A novel.
13. What does Dilip tell Pike is a way of life in India?
14. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
15. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
(b) Sits and waits.
(c) Paces up and down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
2. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
3. Where does Flora say she wants to take a trip?
4. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
5. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)