|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
(a) Indian Hindus.
(b) Indian Sikhs.
(c) Indian women.
(d) Indian born officers.
2. Which character was killed in 1944?
(a) The Rajah.
3. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
(a) Paces up and down.
(c) Sits and waits.
4. What does Mrs. Swan say killed her husband?
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A seizure.
(d) A stroke.
5. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(d) Mrs. Swan.
6. What does Das say servants are terrible for?
(c) Falling in love.
7. What does Pike refer to the Rajah as?
(b) Your Lordship.
(d) Your Highness.
8. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
(a) Indian music.
(b) Indian literature.
(c) Indian art.
(d) Indian confidence.
9. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Live with him.
(d) Run away with him.
10. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
11. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
12. What do the English couple banter with Flora about?
(a) English food.
(b) Dead writers.
(c) Famous poets.
(d) English men.
13. What does Flora tell Das she is suffering from?
(a) A weak bladder.
(b) Water in the brain.
(c) A burst appendix.
(d) Water in the lungs.
14. What was Nazrul delayed by?
(a) A traffic queue.
(b) A riot.
(c) A televison show.
(d) A film.
15. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
(a) A vulnerable country.
(b) A simmering wreck.
(c) A tiny island.
(d) A smaller power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
2. Who was the riot earlier in the day against?
3. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
4. What was Mr. Swan doing when he suffered his stroke?
5. What has caused the suspension of the Theosophical Society?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)