|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
(a) The Chinese way of life.
(b) The Hindu way of life.
(c) The nationalistic way of life.
(d) The British way of life.
2. What has caused the suspension of the Theosophical Society?
(a) British rule.
(b) Flora's lecture.
(c) Chamberlain's lecture.
(d) The riots.
3. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
(a) The boy's life goals.
(b) The boy's parents.
(c) His bank balance.
(d) The economic balance.
4. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
(a) She needs air.
(b) She does not like the music.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She has hurt her foot.
5. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
(b) H.G. Wells.
6. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
(a) His war paintings.
(b) His erotic paintings.
(c) His religious paintings.
(d) His own paintings.
7. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
(a) It would not allow Flora to see them at her most beautiful.
(b) It would deny them their identity.
(c) They need their daily drive.
(d) He promised to allow his servants to drive them.
8. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
(a) The world.
9. What does Mrs. Swan say killed her husband?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
10. What special day is the day of Das' death?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) New Years Day.
(c) Easter Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
11. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
(a) The electricity goes off.
(b) A man screams.
(c) A tiger walks into the house.
(d) Flora has a seizure.
12. What was Nazrul delayed by?
(a) A televison show.
(b) A traffic queue.
(c) A film.
(d) A riot.
13. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
14. Who arrives to take Flora for a ride in his car?
(c) The Rajah.
15. Who was the riot earlier in the day against?
(a) The Indian nationalists.
(b) The Indian govenment.
(c) The British.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Das offer to Flora when she cries?
2. Why does the Rajah say he does not like the term Your Highness?
3. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
4. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
5. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)