|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
(a) Rode an elephant.
(b) Ate at a cafe.
(d) Rode a horse.
2. What disease does gin and tonic provide a vaccination against?
3. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
(a) The economic balance.
(b) The boy's life goals.
(c) The boy's parents.
(d) His bank balance.
4. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
5. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
(a) A man screams.
(b) The electricity goes off.
(c) Flora has a seizure.
(d) A tiger walks into the house.
6. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A buddhist statue.
(c) A dinner invitation.
(d) A painting.
7. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
8. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
(a) Das's marriage.
(b) Das's meeting with Gandhi.
(c) Das's arrest.
(d) Das's reward for his painting.
9. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Live with him.
10. What does Dilip tell Pike is a way of life in India?
11. What does the English couple say the Rajah of Jummapur collects?
(a) English china.
(b) European guns.
(c) European cars.
(d) American literature.
12. Why is Das angry at Flora?
(a) She is being impolite.
(b) She is not in love with him.
(c) He has looked at the canvas.
(d) She dislikes Indian culture.
13. Who arrives to take Flora for a ride in his car?
(d) The Rajah.
14. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of symbols.
(b) The language of absurdity.
(c) The language of love.
(d) The language of expressionism.
15. What special day is the day of Das' death?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Easter Day.
(c) New Years Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
2. What is Flora wearing in bed?
3. What was Nazrul delayed by?
4. Why does Das say Nazrul cannot bring refreshments?
5. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)