|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Flora notice owned one of the cars before the Rajah?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her ex-fiance.
2. Why does Das say Nazrul cannot bring refreshments?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is out.
(d) He has quit.
3. What culture does Das say he is fascinated by?
(a) Scottish culture.
(b) Irish culture.
(c) English culture.
(d) Welsh culture.
4. Who does Dilip say beggars help?
(a) People who have never fallen in love.
(b) People who need to do something good for their soul.
(c) People who have too much money to spend.
(d) People who want to move to a better place in their lives.
5. Who does Flora call to bring refreshments?
(c) Mrs. Swan.
6. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
(a) A gas lamp.
(b) A radio.
(c) A television.
(d) An electric fan.
7. Why does Das say everyone knew about Flora's illness before she even arrived?
(a) Her doctor sent a warning to the people.
(b) She suggested it in one of her poems.
(c) Her letters were opened.
(d) They read British newspapers.
8. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
9. What does Mrs. Swan say killed her husband?
(a) A seizure.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
10. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
11. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
12. What does the English couple say the Rajah of Jummapur collects?
(a) American literature.
(b) European cars.
(c) European guns.
(d) English china.
13. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
(a) Rode a horse.
(b) Rode an elephant.
(c) Ate at a cafe.
14. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of expressionism.
(b) The language of symbols.
(c) The language of absurdity.
(d) The language of love.
15. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The servant who is driving him home.
(b) The boy who brought her water.
(c) The boy operating the fan.
(d) The servant listening at the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
2. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
3. Why is Das angry at Flora?
4. What does Flora tell Das she is suffering from?
5. What does Pike say he has discovered?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)