|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dilip bring Pike in this scene?
(a) A jacket and tie.
(b) A hat and gloves.
(c) Shorts and a t-shirt.
(d) Tea and cakes.
2. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
(a) Ate at a cafe.
(b) Rode an elephant.
(c) Rode a horse.
3. Why does Das say Nazrul cannot bring refreshments?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He has quit.
(c) He is out.
(d) He is dead.
4. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
(a) They broke up.
(b) She left the country.
(c) He left the country.
(d) He died.
5. What special day is the day of Das' death?
(a) New Years Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Easter Day.
6. What does Pike say he has discovered?
(a) Das has a son.
(b) Das wrote Flora's Indian poetry.
(c) Flora was a British spy.
(d) Flora had Das's child.
7. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
(a) Flora has a seizure.
(b) The electricity goes off.
(c) A man screams.
(d) A tiger walks into the house.
8. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
(a) Edward Pitt.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Neville Chamberlain.
(d) Benjamin Disraeli.
9. Who does the note say is coming to meet Pike?
(b) The fan boy.
(c) The Rajah.
10. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The servant listening at the door.
(b) The boy operating the fan.
(c) The servant who is driving him home.
(d) The boy who brought her water.
11. What does the Rajah offer to drive past Flora?
(a) His collection of scooters.
(b) His collection of cars.
(c) His collection of bicycles.
(d) His collection of motorbikes.
12. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
(c) The world.
13. What does Pike refer to the Rajah as?
(c) Your Highness.
(d) Your Lordship.
14. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
15. Who does Flora call to bring refreshments?
(b) Mrs. Swan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
2. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
3. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
4. Why does the Rajah say he does not like the term Your Highness?
5. What does Das offer to Flora when she cries?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)