|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
(b) E.M Forster.
(c) H. G Wells.
2. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
(a) Indian women.
(b) Indian born officers.
(c) Indian Sikhs.
(d) Indian Hindus.
3. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The boy operating the fan.
(b) The servant listening at the door.
(c) The servant who is driving him home.
(d) The boy who brought her water.
4. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
5. What does Pike say he has discovered?
(a) Flora had Das's child.
(b) Das has a son.
(c) Flora was a British spy.
(d) Das wrote Flora's Indian poetry.
6. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
7. Why does Das say Nazrul cannot bring refreshments?
(a) He has quit.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is out.
(d) He is drunk.
8. What disease does gin and tonic provide a vaccination against?
9. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
(a) Flora's health.
(b) Flora's relationship with critics.
(c) Flora's clothes.
(d) Flora's relationship with Das.
10. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
(a) His war paintings.
(b) His own paintings.
(c) His religious paintings.
(d) His erotic paintings.
11. Who does Flora call to bring refreshments?
(b) Mrs. Swan.
12. Why is Das angry at Flora?
(a) She is not in love with him.
(b) She is being impolite.
(c) She dislikes Indian culture.
(d) He has looked at the canvas.
13. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
(a) A tiger walks into the house.
(b) A man screams.
(c) Flora has a seizure.
(d) The electricity goes off.
14. Why does Flora say she came to India?
(a) To work on a novel.
(b) To cure her illness.
(c) To die.
(d) To find a husband.
15. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
(a) The Debate.
(b) The Horn.
(c) The Flag.
(d) The Chronicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
2. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
3. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
4. Who does Dilip say beggars help?
5. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)