|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The servant listening at the door.
(b) The servant who is driving him home.
(c) The boy operating the fan.
(d) The boy who brought her water.
2. Why does Das say Nazrul cannot bring refreshments?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He has quit.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is out.
3. Who was the riot earlier in the day against?
(a) The Indian nationalists.
(b) The French.
(c) The Indian govenment.
(d) The British.
4. What special day is the day of Das' death?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Easter Day.
(d) New Years Day.
5. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A painting.
(c) A dinner invitation.
(d) A buddhist statue.
6. What state do Dilip and Pike enter in Act 2, Part 5?
7. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
(b) Das's dead wife.
(c) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
8. What does the Rajah offer to drive past Flora?
(a) His collection of scooters.
(b) His collection of cars.
(c) His collection of motorbikes.
(d) His collection of bicycles.
9. What did Anish's father leave him?
(a) A computer box.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A shoebox.
(d) A suitcase.
10. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
(a) She has hurt her foot.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She does not like the music.
(d) She needs air.
11. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
12. What kind of journey did Flora's doctor suggest she make?
(a) A short plane journey.
(b) A hike a low altitude.
(c) A long sea voyage.
(d) A hike at high altitude.
13. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
14. Whose lecture caused the Theosophical Society to be closed down?
15. What does Das sarcastically call himself?
(a) A genius.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A hack.
(d) A bum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
2. What do the English couple banter with Flora about?
3. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
4. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
5. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)