|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Das rip up?
(a) Flora's writings.
(b) His painting of Flora.
(c) His sketch of Flora.
(d) His photographs of Flora.
2. What was the name of the boat Flora's mother sailed on to America?
(a) The Mayflower.
(b) The Bluebell.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The Titanic.
3. What does Mrs. Swan say killed her husband?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A heart attack.
4. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
5. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
(a) Neville Chamberlain.
(b) Benjamin Disraeli.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Edward Pitt.
6. What culture does Das say he is fascinated by?
(a) Welsh culture.
(b) English culture.
(c) Irish culture.
(d) Scottish culture.
7. What is Flora wearing in bed?
(a) A night dress.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
8. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
(a) The world.
9. What do Flora and Durance do in the historic area of the stage?
10. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(b) Mrs. Swan.
(c) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
(d) Das's dead wife.
11. What does Das offer to Flora when she cries?
(a) His paintings.
(b) His coat.
(c) His hand.
(d) His handkerchief.
12. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The boy operating the fan.
(b) The servant listening at the door.
(c) The boy who brought her water.
(d) The servant who is driving him home.
13. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
14. Who does the note say is coming to meet Pike?
(a) The fan boy.
(d) The Rajah.
15. What disease does gin and tonic provide a vaccination against?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
2. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
3. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
4. Who does Flora notice owned one of the cars before the Rajah?
5. Where does Flora say she wants to take a trip?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)