|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rajah say cars have to do to be cars?
(c) Have gas.
(d) Have an owner.
2. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
(a) A painting.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A buddhist statue.
(d) A dinner invitation.
3. What does Dilip tell Pike is a way of life in India?
4. What was the name of the boat Flora's mother sailed on to America?
(a) The Titanic.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Bluebell.
(d) The Mayflower.
5. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
(a) Indian women.
(b) Indian Hindus.
(c) Indian born officers.
(d) Indian Sikhs.
6. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
(a) H. G Wells.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Enid Blyton.
(d) Sir Conan Arthur Doyle.
7. What has caused the suspension of the Theosophical Society?
(a) British rule.
(b) The riots.
(c) Flora's lecture.
(d) Chamberlain's lecture.
8. Who does Flora say invited her to lunch?
(b) The Rajah.
9. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
(a) They broke up.
(b) She left the country.
(c) He died.
(d) He left the country.
10. What does Flora tell Das she is suffering from?
(a) A burst appendix.
(b) Water in the lungs.
(c) A weak bladder.
(d) Water in the brain.
11. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
(a) A man screams.
(b) Flora has a seizure.
(c) A tiger walks into the house.
(d) The electricity goes off.
12. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
(a) Flora's relationship with Das.
(b) Flora's clothes.
(c) Flora's health.
(d) Flora's relationship with critics.
13. What does Flora say Das has to be prepared to face if he wants to be an artist?
14. Why does Das say everyone knew about Flora's illness before she even arrived?
(a) Her doctor sent a warning to the people.
(b) Her letters were opened.
(c) They read British newspapers.
(d) She suggested it in one of her poems.
15. What does the Rajah say Flora sent his grandfather?
(a) A telegraph.
(b) A poem
(c) A thank you card.
(d) A novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
2. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
3. What does Das offer to Flora when she cries?
4. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
5. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)