|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
(a) He promised to allow his servants to drive them.
(b) It would deny them their identity.
(c) It would not allow Flora to see them at her most beautiful.
(d) They need their daily drive.
2. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
3. What does Rajah say cars have to do to be cars?
(a) Have an owner.
(c) Have gas.
4. What was Nazrul delayed by?
(a) A televison show.
(b) A traffic queue.
(c) A film.
(d) A riot.
5. What kind of alcoholic drink do Mrs. Swan and Anish talk about?
(a) Wine and lemonade.
(b) Vodka and coke.
(c) Whisky and coke.
(d) Gin and tonic.
6. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
7. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
(b) H.G. Wells.
8. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of expressionism.
(b) The language of absurdity.
(c) The language of symbols.
(d) The language of love.
9. What does Das say servants are terrible for?
(c) Falling in love.
10. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She needs air.
(c) She does not like the music.
(d) She has hurt her foot.
11. What does Dilip tell Pike is a way of life in India?
12. What does Das rip up?
(a) His sketch of Flora.
(b) His painting of Flora.
(c) Flora's writings.
(d) His photographs of Flora.
13. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(b) Mrs. Swan.
(c) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
(d) Das's dead wife.
14. What kind of journey did Flora's doctor suggest she make?
(a) A hike at high altitude.
(b) A long sea voyage.
(c) A short plane journey.
(d) A hike a low altitude.
15. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
(a) Das's arrest.
(b) Das's reward for his painting.
(c) Das's meeting with Gandhi.
(d) Das's marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Swan say killed her husband?
2. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
3. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
4. What does Flora tell Das she is suffering from?
5. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)