|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
(b) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
(c) Das's dead wife.
2. What does Pike say he has discovered?
(a) Flora was a British spy.
(b) Flora had Das's child.
(c) Das has a son.
(d) Das wrote Flora's Indian poetry.
3. Why does Flora say she came to India?
(a) To work on a novel.
(b) To cure her illness.
(c) To find a husband.
(d) To die.
4. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
(a) Enid Blyton.
(b) H. G Wells.
(c) Sir Conan Arthur Doyle.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of symbols.
(b) The language of expressionism.
(c) The language of love.
(d) The language of absurdity.
6. Which character was killed in 1944?
(c) The Rajah.
7. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
(a) A dinner invitation.
(b) A buddhist statue.
(c) A painting.
(d) A diamond ring.
8. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
(a) The world.
9. What was Nazrul delayed by?
(a) A film.
(b) A televison show.
(c) A traffic queue.
(d) A riot.
10. What does Das rip up?
(a) His sketch of Flora.
(b) Flora's writings.
(c) His painting of Flora.
(d) His photographs of Flora.
11. What state do Dilip and Pike enter in Act 2, Part 5?
12. Who arrives to take Flora for a ride in his car?
(a) The Rajah.
13. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
(a) A radio.
(b) A television.
(c) A gas lamp.
(d) An electric fan.
14. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
(a) The Flag.
(b) The Debate.
(c) The Chronicle.
(d) The Horn.
15. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
2. Where does Flora say she wants to take a trip?
3. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
4. What is Flora wearing in bed?
5. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)