|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
(c) H.G. Wells.
2. Which character was killed in 1944?
(c) The Rajah.
3. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
(a) The economic balance.
(b) His bank balance.
(c) The boy's parents.
(d) The boy's life goals.
4. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
(a) Sits and waits.
(b) Paces up and down.
5. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
(a) She needs air.
(b) She has hurt her foot.
(c) She does not like the music.
(d) She is tired.
6. What does Pike refer to the Rajah as?
(a) Your Highness.
(c) Your Lordship.
7. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
(b) Rode an elephant.
(c) Ate at a cafe.
(d) Rode a horse.
8. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
9. What did Anish's father leave him?
(a) A computer box.
(b) A shoebox.
(c) A trunk.
(d) A suitcase.
10. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
11. What does Flora say Das has to be prepared to face if he wants to be an artist?
12. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
13. What kind of journey did Flora's doctor suggest she make?
(a) A short plane journey.
(b) A hike at high altitude.
(c) A hike a low altitude.
(d) A long sea voyage.
14. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
15. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
(a) They need their daily drive.
(b) It would deny them their identity.
(c) He promised to allow his servants to drive them.
(d) It would not allow Flora to see them at her most beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
2. What does Das say servants are terrible for?
3. What is Flora wearing in bed?
4. What does Rajah say cars have to do to be cars?
5. What special day is the day of Das' death?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)