|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
(a) His bank balance.
(b) The boy's parents.
(c) The boy's life goals.
(d) The economic balance.
2. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The servant listening at the door.
(b) The boy who brought her water.
(c) The servant who is driving him home.
(d) The boy operating the fan.
3. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
(a) Rode an elephant.
(b) Rode a horse.
(d) Ate at a cafe.
4. What does Das offer to Flora when she cries?
(a) His paintings.
(b) His hand.
(c) His coat.
(d) His handkerchief.
5. What does Mrs. Swan say killed her husband?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A seizure.
6. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
(a) The Debate.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The Horn.
(d) The Flag.
7. What country was Anish living in when his father died?
8. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
(a) They need their daily drive.
(b) He promised to allow his servants to drive them.
(c) It would deny them their identity.
(d) It would not allow Flora to see them at her most beautiful.
9. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
(a) His religious paintings.
(b) His own paintings.
(c) His war paintings.
(d) His erotic paintings.
10. What was Nazrul delayed by?
(a) A televison show.
(b) A traffic queue.
(c) A film.
(d) A riot.
11. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
12. What does Flora say the British have destroyed?
(b) The world.
13. Why does Das say everyone knew about Flora's illness before she even arrived?
(a) They read British newspapers.
(b) Her doctor sent a warning to the people.
(c) Her letters were opened.
(d) She suggested it in one of her poems.
14. What state do Dilip and Pike enter in Act 2, Part 5?
15. Why is Das angry at Flora?
(a) She dislikes Indian culture.
(b) She is being impolite.
(c) She is not in love with him.
(d) He has looked at the canvas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
2. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
3. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
4. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
5. What does the English couple say the Rajah of Jummapur collects?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)