|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boat Flora's mother sailed on to America?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The Titanic.
(c) The Bluebell.
(d) The Mayflower.
2. Where does Flora say she wants to take a trip?
(a) West of the country.
(b) East of the country.
(c) Down the country
(d) Up the country.
3. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
4. What special day is the day of Das' death?
(a) New Years Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Easter Day.
5. What does Dilip tell Pike is a way of life in India?
6. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
(a) They need their daily drive.
(b) It would not allow Flora to see them at her most beautiful.
(c) It would deny them their identity.
(d) He promised to allow his servants to drive them.
7. Who does Flora tell Das to tip?
(a) The boy who brought her water.
(b) The servant who is driving him home.
(c) The servant listening at the door.
(d) The boy operating the fan.
8. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
(a) She needs air.
(b) She does not like the music.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She has hurt her foot.
9. What has caused the suspension of the Theosophical Society?
(a) The riots.
(b) Chamberlain's lecture.
(c) Flora's lecture.
(d) British rule.
10. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
11. Who is waiting with Das when Flora arrives back from her meeting with the Rajah?
(a) H.G. Wells.
12. Why does Das say everyone knew about Flora's illness before she even arrived?
(a) Her doctor sent a warning to the people.
(b) She suggested it in one of her poems.
(c) They read British newspapers.
(d) Her letters were opened.
13. What do the English couple banter with Flora about?
(a) English food.
(b) English men.
(c) Famous poets.
(d) Dead writers.
14. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
15. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
(c) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
(d) Das's dead wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rajah say cars have to do to be cars?
2. What does Das sarcastically call himself?
3. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
4. What disease does gin and tonic provide a vaccination against?
5. What does Das say servants are terrible for?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)