|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
2. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(b) Mrs. Swan.
(c) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
(d) Das's dead wife.
3. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(b) Mrs. Swan.
4. What state do Dilip and Pike enter in Act 2, Part 5?
5. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Make love to him.
(b) Live with him.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Marry him.
6. What does Das rip up?
(a) His photographs of Flora.
(b) His sketch of Flora.
(c) His painting of Flora.
(d) Flora's writings.
7. What kind of alcoholic drink do Mrs. Swan and Anish talk about?
(a) Wine and lemonade.
(b) Vodka and coke.
(c) Gin and tonic.
(d) Whisky and coke.
8. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of expressionism.
(b) The language of love.
(c) The language of symbols.
(d) The language of absurdity.
9. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
(a) A simmering wreck.
(b) A vulnerable country.
(c) A smaller power.
(d) A tiny island.
10. What starts working while Das speaks to Flora about Indian art?
(a) A television.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) A gas lamp.
(d) A radio.
11. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
(a) Benjamin Disraeli.
(b) Edward Pitt.
(c) Neville Chamberlain.
(d) Winston Churchill.
12. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
(b) Sits and waits.
(c) Paces up and down.
13. What was Nazrul delayed by?
(a) A riot.
(b) A traffic queue.
(c) A televison show.
(d) A film.
14. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
(a) They broke up.
(b) He left the country.
(c) She left the country.
(d) He died.
15. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
2. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
3. What does Flora say Das has to be prepared to face if he wants to be an artist?
4. What do Flora and Durance do in the historic area of the stage?
5. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)