|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
(a) The boy's parents.
(b) The boy's life goals.
(c) His bank balance.
(d) The economic balance.
2. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
(a) The nationalistic way of life.
(b) The Hindu way of life.
(c) The British way of life.
(d) The Chinese way of life.
3. Where does Flora say she wants to take a trip?
(a) East of the country.
(b) West of the country.
(c) Down the country
(d) Up the country.
4. What do Flora and Durance do in the historic area of the stage?
5. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
(a) A painting.
(b) A buddhist statue.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A dinner invitation.
6. What state do Dilip and Pike enter in Act 2, Part 5?
7. What does Mrs. Swan say killed her husband?
(a) A seizure.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
8. What does Das say the British have destroyed?
(a) Indian art.
(b) Indian music.
(c) Indian confidence.
(d) Indian literature.
9. Why was Flora unable to sit for Modigliani again?
(a) He left the country.
(b) He died.
(c) She left the country.
(d) They broke up.
10. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(b) Mrs. Swan.
11. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
(a) Indian women.
(b) Indian Sikhs.
(c) Indian born officers.
(d) Indian Hindus.
12. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
(a) Flora's health.
(b) Flora's relationship with critics.
(c) Flora's relationship with Das.
(d) Flora's clothes.
13. Who do Flora and Das discuss as they smoke?
(a) Das's dead wife.
(b) Mrs. Swan.
(d) Flora's ex-boyfriends.
14. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of expressionism.
(b) The language of symbols.
(c) The language of absurdity.
(d) The language of love.
15. Whose lecture caused the Theosophical Society to be closed down?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character was killed in 1944?
2. What event did the newspaper article in Das's trunk detail?
3. What happens when Das leaves to find some scissors?
4. What does Durance say Indians cannot help doing?
5. What has caused the suspension of the Theosophical Society?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)