|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Durance say is not allowed into the English club?
(a) Indian born officers.
(b) Indian Hindus.
(c) Indian women.
(d) Indian Sikhs.
2. What does Das rip up?
(a) His sketch of Flora.
(b) His painting of Flora.
(c) His photographs of Flora.
(d) Flora's writings.
3. Who does Flora notice owned one of the cars before the Rajah?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her ex-fiance.
4. What kind of alcoholic drink do Mrs. Swan and Anish talk about?
(a) Whisky and coke.
(b) Gin and tonic.
(c) Wine and lemonade.
(d) Vodka and coke.
5. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
6. What famous person lived on Mrs. Swan's street?
(a) Enid Blyton.
(b) Sir Conan Arthur Doyle.
(c) H. G Wells.
(d) Charles Dickens.
7. Why is Das angry at Flora?
(a) She dislikes Indian culture.
(b) He has looked at the canvas.
(c) She is being impolite.
(d) She is not in love with him.
8. What is Flora wearing in bed?
(a) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(b) A night dress.
9. Who does Durance say told him that Flora was in India for health reasons?
(c) Mrs. Swan.
10. What does Das say servants are terrible for?
(a) Falling in love.
11. What does Flora's letter say she did in the morning?
(a) Rode a horse.
(c) Rode an elephant.
(d) Ate at a cafe.
12. What language does Anish say Hindus paint in?
(a) The language of absurdity.
(b) The language of love.
(c) The language of symbols.
(d) The language of expressionism.
13. Why does the Rajah say he does not like the term Your Highness?
(a) He feels socially lower than Pike.
(b) He is a politician.
(c) He is non religious.
(d) He was not born into the family.
14. What culture does Das say he is fascinated by?
(a) Welsh culture.
(b) Scottish culture.
(c) Irish culture.
(d) English culture.
15. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
(a) A vulnerable country.
(b) A simmering wreck.
(c) A smaller power.
(d) A tiny island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
2. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
3. What way of life does Dilip say the Indians are still caught up in?
4. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
5. What disease does gin and tonic provide a vaccination against?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)