|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the note say is coming to meet Pike?
(c) The fan boy.
(d) The Rajah.
2. What does the English couple say the Rajah of Jummapur collects?
(a) English china.
(b) European cars.
(c) American literature.
(d) European guns.
3. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
(a) Sits and waits.
(b) Paces up and down.
4. Who was the riot earlier in the day against?
(a) The Indian nationalists.
(b) The French.
(c) The British.
(d) The Indian govenment.
5. Who arrives to take Flora for a ride in his car?
(a) The Rajah.
6. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
(a) A smaller power.
(b) A tiny island.
(c) A vulnerable country.
(d) A simmering wreck.
7. Who does Flora say invited her to lunch?
(d) The Rajah.
8. What is the name of the newspaper Mrs. Swan used to work for?
(a) The Chronicle.
(b) The Debate.
(c) The Flag.
(d) The Horn.
9. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Make love to him.
(b) Live with him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Run away with him.
10. What state do Dilip and Pike enter in Act 2, Part 5?
11. Who does Dilip say beggars help?
(a) People who have never fallen in love.
(b) People who want to move to a better place in their lives.
(c) People who need to do something good for their soul.
(d) People who have too much money to spend.
12. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
(a) His own paintings.
(b) His war paintings.
(c) His erotic paintings.
(d) His religious paintings.
13. What did Anish's father leave him?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A computer box.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A shoebox.
14. What does Pike say he has discovered?
(a) Flora had Das's child.
(b) Das has a son.
(c) Flora was a British spy.
(d) Das wrote Flora's Indian poetry.
15. What country did Flora's mother run off to with another man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flora say she cannot dance?
2. Who does Flora refer to as her suitor?
3. What subject did Flora raise in the witness box that got her into trouble?
4. Why does the Rajah not want Flora to walk past his cars?
5. What does Das say giving too much money to the boy could upset?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)