|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of alcoholic drink do Mrs. Swan and Anish talk about?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(b) Wine and lemonade.
(c) Vodka and coke.
(d) Whisky and coke.
2. Where does Flora say she wants to take a trip?
(a) East of the country.
(b) Down the country
(c) West of the country.
(d) Up the country.
3. What does Pike do in the modern area of the stage?
(a) Sits and waits.
(d) Paces up and down.
4. Who does Dilip say Flora could never have had a relationship with?
(b) E.M Forster.
(d) H. G Wells.
5. What is the name of the medicine that is in tonic water?
6. What special day is the day of Das' death?
(a) Easter Day.
(b) New Years Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Independence Day.
7. What does Das sarcastically call himself?
(a) A genius.
(b) A hack.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A bum.
8. Why does Flora say she came to India?
(a) To cure her illness.
(b) To work on a novel.
(c) To die.
(d) To find a husband.
9. What does the Rajah talk about that makes Flora angry?
(a) Flora's clothes.
(b) Flora's health.
(c) Flora's relationship with Das.
(d) Flora's relationship with critics.
10. What does Durance ask Flora to do with him?
(a) Make love to him.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Live with him.
11. What kind of journey did Flora's doctor suggest she make?
(a) A hike at high altitude.
(b) A hike a low altitude.
(c) A short plane journey.
(d) A long sea voyage.
12. In which country did gin and tonic originate?
13. What does the Rajah insist Flora accept if she insists on seeing all of his paintings?
(a) A painting.
(b) A dinner invitation.
(c) A buddhist statue.
(d) A diamond ring.
14. What country did Flora's mother run off to with another man?
15. What did Churchill say the loss of India would reduce England to?
(a) A simmering wreck.
(b) A vulnerable country.
(c) A tiny island.
(d) A smaller power.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which former British Prime Minister does the Rajah say he attended a party?
2. What are the only paintings the Rajah refuses to show Flora?
3. What did Anish's father leave him?
4. What do the English couple banter with Flora about?
5. Why does Das say everyone knew about Flora's illness before she even arrived?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)