|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
(a) Having in depth conversations.
(b) Reading her writings.
(c) Borrowing money from her.
(d) Getting her panties off.
2. Where does Pike say Flora wants to head after Das finishes her portrait?
(a) The North Country.
(c) The West Country.
3. How does Anish describe his painting?
(b) Much the same.
(c) Dully colored.
(d) Fun and bright.
4. What is the name of Pike's guide?
5. Where did Flora see sculptures of Gods?
6. What is Rasa?
(a) An Indian royal feast banned by the British.
(b) The emotional or spiritual object of a thing.
(c) The positive enerrgy giving out by natural life.
(d) An Indian sacrificial cermony.
7. What is Anish's occupation?
(a) A painter.
(b) A cartoonist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A journalist.
8. Who is the enemy Flora refers to in her letters?
(a) A critic.
(b) The British government.
(c) The Indian nationalists.
(d) Her ex-husband.
9. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
(a) Going to jail.
(b) Getting beaten by a policeman.
(c) A British scalp.
(d) A British woman.
10. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora?
(a) He has to meet a friend.
(b) He has painters cramp.
(c) She has to go to the toilet.
(d) She changes position.
11. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
12. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
13. What does Pike say is the most exciting part of his work?
(b) Reading the letters.
(c) Creating footnotes.
(d) Meeting new people.
14. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
15. How does Anish react when he sees the portrait?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He faints.
(d) He weeps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Durance's rank?
2. What does Flora ask Nazrul to bring her?
3. Who painted Flora's portrait?
4. What was the name of the God Raha ran off with?
5. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)