|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
2. Where did Flora see sculptures of Gods?
3. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
4. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's portrait.
(b) Flora's poetry.
(c) Flora's book collection.
(d) Flora's photographs.
5. What is Durance's rank?
6. What was the name of the God Raha ran off with?
7. What decade is Mrs. Swan's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1980s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1990s.
(d) The 1960s.
8. What does Mr. Swan refer to the First War of Independence as?
(a) The Day of Reckoning.
(b) The Mutiny.
(c) Judgement Day.
(d) The Disgrace.
9. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
(a) H.G. Welles.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) Arnold Bennett.
10. Who is Anish sketching in this scene?
(b) Mr. Pike.
(c) Mrs. Swan.
11. What is the name of Flora's servant?
12. Who does Flora say is the only person who has a key to the icebox?
13. What color dress is Flora wearing?
14. What kind of imagery does Flora's poem contain?
15. What does Mrs. Swan think Pike is writing?
(a) A film script.
(b) A biography.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A historical novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Flora once pour over a critic's head?
2. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
3. Who recommended India to Flora?
4. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
5. Where did Das draw his pencil sketch of Flora?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)