|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Flora see sculptures of Gods?
2. What decade is Mrs. Swan's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1980s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1990s.
(d) The 1970s.
3. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
(a) It does not agree with them.
(b) Pigs are sacred animals.
(c) They are vegetarian.
(d) It is a sin.
4. Where do Durance and Flora make plans to go to the following Saturday?
(a) An American cinema.
(b) A literature cafe.
(c) An Indian restaurant.
(d) An English club.
5. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
(a) Talking to old people.
(b) Studying symbolism in poetry.
(c) Writing a biography.
(d) Reading love letters.
6. What is the young Indian man's name?
7. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
(a) Coca Cola.
8. What does Flora do as Das sets up his painting gear?
(a) Writes a poem.
(b) Makes tea.
(c) Eats breakfast.
(d) Writes a letter.
9. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
10. Where does Pike say Flora wants to head after Das finishes her portrait?
(c) The North Country.
(d) The West Country.
11. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
(a) A British scalp.
(b) Getting beaten by a policeman.
(c) Going to jail.
(d) A British woman.
12. Why does Flora stop posing for Das in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She needs to meet Durrance.
(b) Das is making advances.
(c) She is frustrated with her work.
(d) She has cramp.
13. What two religions do Das and Flora talk about?
(a) Islam and Christianity.
(b) Christianity and Hinduism.
(c) Buddhism and Hinduism.
(d) Buddhism and Islam.
14. How does Anish describe his painting?
(a) Dully colored.
(c) Much the same.
(d) Fun and bright.
15. What does Mr. Swan refer to the First War of Independence as?
(a) Judgement Day.
(b) The Disgrace.
(c) The Mutiny.
(d) The Day of Reckoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous writer does Flora say she does not want to be asked about?
2. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
3. What color dress is Flora wearing?
4. What is the name of the town where Flora met Mr. Coomaraswami?
5. What is Anish's occupation?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)