|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora do as Das sets up his painting gear?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Eats breakfast.
(c) Writes a poem.
(d) Makes tea.
2. Who is Flora writing to in Act 1, Part 5?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
(b) Captain Durrance.
(c) Her parents.
(d) H. G. Wells.
3. How does Anish know his father did not finish the painting?
(a) It lacks color.
(b) It has no background.
(c) He did not sign it.
(d) He can still see the pencil marks.
4. What does Flora liken Das to?
(a) A mother eagle.
(b) A pregnant cat.
(c) An injured elephant.
(d) An eager dog.
5. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
(a) Pigs are sacred animals.
(b) It does not agree with them.
(c) They are vegetarian.
(d) It is a sin.
6. What is the young Indian man's name?
7. What name does Flora use to address Mrs. Swan?
8. What is Anish's occupation?
(a) A cartoonist.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A painter.
9. What does Flora tell Das she is having difficulty with?
10. What did Anish's father demonstrate against?
(a) The war against Pakistan.
(b) British rule.
(c) British occupation.
(d) The independence of India.
11. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
12. What is the name of the beautiful married woman Das refers to?
13. What kind of game do Flora and Das play at the table?
(a) A guessing game.
(b) A card game.
(c) A music game.
(d) A word game.
14. What does Mrs. Swan think Pike is writing?
(a) A film script.
(b) A historical novel.
(c) A biography.
(d) A newspaper article.
15. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
(a) A British woman.
(b) A British scalp.
(c) Getting beaten by a policeman.
(d) Going to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anish sketching in this scene?
2. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
3. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora?
4. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
5. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)