|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
2. Who does Mrs. Swan say she is worried about?
(b) Her husband.
3. What is the name of the town where Flora met Mr. Coomaraswami?
4. Where did Das draw his pencil sketch of Flora?
(a) In the church.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Her lecture.
5. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
6. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
(a) World history.
(b) Asian history.
(c) Indian history.
(d) British history.
7. What does Flora liken Das to?
(a) An injured elephant.
(b) An eager dog.
(c) A pregnant cat.
(d) A mother eagle.
8. What name does Flora use to address Mrs. Swan?
9. What does Das say was his ex-wife's build?
10. What does Das cover his painting with?
(a) A sheet.
(b) A curain.
(c) A drape.
(d) A shawl.
11. What is the name of Flora's servant?
12. How does Anish know his father did not finish the painting?
(a) It has no background.
(b) He did not sign it.
(c) It lacks color.
(d) He can still see the pencil marks.
13. What does Das say he had yesterday, but does not have today?
(a) The right paints.
(b) The right karma.
(c) The right clothes.
(d) The right rasa.
14. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
(a) In a cupboard.
(b) In the loft.
(c) Under her bed.
(d) Under the floorboards.
15. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora?
(a) He has to meet a friend.
(b) She has to go to the toilet.
(c) He has painters cramp.
(d) She changes position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who painted Flora's portrait?
2. What kind of game do Flora and Das play at the table?
3. What method of communication does Flora use to narrate her journey?
4. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
5. What city does Das say Flora painted him a picture of with words?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)