|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Modigliani burn his painting?
(a) In Flora's House.
(b) In the Brown Hotel.
(c) The the Dorchester Hotel.
(d) In the Ritz Hotel.
2. What language does Nazrul respond to Flora in?
3. What did Anish's father demonstrate against?
(a) British occupation.
(b) British rule.
(c) The independence of India.
(d) The war against Pakistan.
4. Who recommended India to Flora?
(a) H.G Wells.
(b) Toby Goodwill.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Joshua Chamberlain.
5. Who does Mrs. Swan say she is worried about?
(b) Her husband.
6. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
(a) The Guardian newspaper.
(b) Pike's book.
(c) The Times Newspaper.
(d) Flora's poetry books.
7. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora?
(a) He has painters cramp.
(b) He has to meet a friend.
(c) She changes position.
(d) She has to go to the toilet.
8. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
(a) You Are Who You Are.
(b) Indian Utopia.
(c) Up the Country.
(d) Up the Alley.
9. What is Rasa?
(a) The positive enerrgy giving out by natural life.
(b) An Indian sacrificial cermony.
(c) The emotional or spiritual object of a thing.
(d) An Indian royal feast banned by the British.
10. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
(a) A British woman.
(b) Getting beaten by a policeman.
(c) A British scalp.
(d) Going to jail.
11. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
(a) His portfolio.
(b) His painting gear.
(c) A pile of books.
(d) A bundle of flowers.
12. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
(a) George Orwell.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) H.G. Welles.
(d) Arnold Bennett.
13. Who is Anish sketching in this scene?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
(b) Mr. Pike.
14. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
(a) World history.
(b) Asian history.
(c) Indian history.
(d) British history.
15. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Pakistanis.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous writer does Flora say she does not want to be asked about?
2. What kind of game do Flora and Das play at the table?
3. What does Flora ask Nazrul to bring her?
4. What does Flora tell Das she is having difficulty with?
5. For which society is Mr. Coomaraswami the President?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)