|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Swan say the oil painting she has upstairs looks like?
(a) A Japanese Vignette.
(b) A British seaside postcard.
(c) A Chinese landscape.
(d) An Indian movie poster.
2. What is the name of the beautiful married woman Das refers to?
3. What does Das cover his painting with?
(a) A curain.
(b) A sheet.
(c) A shawl.
(d) A drape.
4. What language does Nazrul respond to Flora in?
5. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
6. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
7. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
(a) Indian history.
(b) World history.
(c) British history.
(d) Asian history.
8. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
(a) Reading her writings.
(b) Borrowing money from her.
(c) Getting her panties off.
(d) Having in depth conversations.
9. What famous writer does Flora say she does not want to be asked about?
(a) George Elliott.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Virgina Woolf.
(d) Muriel Sparks.
10. Who does Mrs. Swan say she is worried about?
(b) Her husband.
11. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's poetry.
(b) Flora's portrait.
(c) Flora's photographs.
(d) Flora's book collection.
12. What is the name of Flora's servant?
13. How does Anish know his father did not finish the painting?
(a) He did not sign it.
(b) He can still see the pencil marks.
(c) It has no background.
(d) It lacks color.
14. Who is waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
(a) A young Chinese man.
(b) A young Pakistani man.
(c) An young Japanese man
(d) A young Indian man.
15. What is the name of Pike's guide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
2. What is the name of the town where Flora met Mr. Coomaraswami?
3. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
4. Where did Modigliani burn his painting?
5. Who does Flora say is the only person who has a key to the icebox?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)