|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora ask Nazrul to bring her?
(b) Curried potatoes.
2. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's portrait.
(b) Flora's book collection.
(c) Flora's poetry.
(d) Flora's photographs.
3. How does Anish know his father did not finish the painting?
(a) He did not sign it.
(b) It has no background.
(c) He can still see the pencil marks.
(d) It lacks color.
4. Who is waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
(a) A young Indian man.
(b) An young Japanese man
(c) A young Pakistani man.
(d) A young Chinese man.
5. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
(a) Reading love letters.
(b) Writing a biography.
(c) Talking to old people.
(d) Studying symbolism in poetry.
6. What is the name of Flora's servant?
7. Who had previously referred to the painting Anish has brought with him?
(c) Mrs. Swan.
8. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
9. What is Anish's occupation?
(a) A painter.
(b) A writer.
(c) A cartoonist.
(d) A journalist.
10. Where does Pike say Flora wants to head after Das finishes her portrait?
(c) The North Country.
(d) The West Country.
11. What is Rasa?
(a) The positive enerrgy giving out by natural life.
(b) An Indian sacrificial cermony.
(c) The emotional or spiritual object of a thing.
(d) An Indian royal feast banned by the British.
12. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
(a) George Orwell.
(b) Arnold Bennett.
(c) H.G. Welles.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
13. What is Pike's nationality?
14. What E.M. Forster novel does Flora reference?
(a) Where Angels Fear to Tread.
(b) Passage to India.
(d) A Room With a View.
15. What is the young Indian man's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
2. What is the name of Flora's sister?
3. How does Anish react when he sees the portrait?
4. What does Flora tell Das she is having difficulty with?
5. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)