|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flora stop posing for Das in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She has cramp.
(b) She needs to meet Durrance.
(c) Das is making advances.
(d) She is frustrated with her work.
2. What is Durance's rank?
3. What did Flora once pour over a critic's head?
(b) Cake mixture.
4. What did rebellious Indians see as a badge of honor in 1930s India?
(a) A British scalp.
(b) A British woman.
(c) Going to jail.
(d) Getting beaten by a policeman.
5. What does Mrs Swan serve Anish on her tray?
6. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
7. Where did Flora see sculptures of Gods?
8. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora?
(a) She changes position.
(b) He has to meet a friend.
(c) She has to go to the toilet.
(d) He has painters cramp.
9. What does Mrs. Swan think Pike is writing?
(a) A biography.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A historical novel.
(d) A film script.
10. What does Mr. Swan refer to the First War of Independence as?
(a) Judgement Day.
(b) The Disgrace.
(c) The Day of Reckoning.
(d) The Mutiny.
11. What does Nazrul tell Das has happened to the pate?
(a) Someone has bought it.
(b) It has been stolen.
(c) It has been eaten.
(d) It has gone off.
12. What city does Das say Flora painted him a picture of with words?
13. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
(a) It does not agree with them.
(b) Pigs are sacred animals.
(c) They are vegetarian.
(d) It is a sin.
14. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
15. What name does Flora use to address Mrs. Swan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
2. What is the name of the beautiful married woman Das refers to?
3. Where did Modigliani burn his painting?
4. What does Mrs. Swan say the oil painting she has upstairs looks like?
5. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)