|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of communication does Flora use to narrate her journey?
2. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's book collection.
(b) Flora's poetry.
(c) Flora's portrait.
(d) Flora's photographs.
3. Who is Flora writing to in Act 1, Part 5?
(a) H. G. Wells.
(b) Captain Durrance.
(c) Mrs. Swan.
(d) Her parents.
4. What does Das cover his painting with?
(a) A drape.
(b) A curain.
(c) A shawl.
(d) A sheet.
5. Where did Das draw his pencil sketch of Flora?
(a) In the church.
(b) Her lecture.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In her bedroom.
6. What kind of painting does Anish have with him?
(a) A water color.
(b) A pop art painting.
(c) An oil painting.
(d) A expressionist painting.
7. What is Rasa?
(a) The positive enerrgy giving out by natural life.
(b) The emotional or spiritual object of a thing.
(c) An Indian sacrificial cermony.
(d) An Indian royal feast banned by the British.
8. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
(a) World history.
(b) British history.
(c) Asian history.
(d) Indian history.
9. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) H.G. Welles.
(c) Arnold Bennett.
(d) George Orwell.
10. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
11. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
(a) Indian Utopia.
(b) Up the Country.
(c) You Are Who You Are.
(d) Up the Alley.
12. What does Flora liken Das to?
(a) An injured elephant.
(b) A pregnant cat.
(c) A mother eagle.
(d) An eager dog.
13. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
(b) Coca Cola.
14. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
(a) In a cupboard.
(b) In the loft.
(c) Under the floorboards.
(d) Under her bed.
15. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1940s.
(c) The 1930s.
(d) The 1960s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Flora once pour over a critic's head?
2. What name does Flora use to address Mrs. Swan?
3. What does Mrs. Swan say is a sure way of getting the details of a person's life wrong?
4. What famous writer does Flora say she does not want to be asked about?
5. How does Anish describe his painting?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)