|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
(a) An young Japanese man
(b) A young Chinese man.
(c) A young Pakistani man.
(d) A young Indian man.
2. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
3. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
4. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
5. What is Pike's nationality?
6. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
(a) In the loft.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) In a cupboard.
(d) Under her bed.
7. What do Flora and Das stop work to do?
8. Who does Flora tell to shut up?
(c) Mrs. Swan.
(d) A dog.
9. What kind of tea service does Mrs. Swan have in England?
(a) An English tea service.
(b) An Indian tea service.
(c) A Nepalese tea service.
(d) A Chinese tea service.
10. What does Flora say her sister probably hears more than she does?
(a) News about India.
(b) News about Britain.
(c) News about their parents.
(d) News about the literature scene.
11. How does Anish describe his painting?
(a) Dully colored.
(b) Fun and bright.
(d) Much the same.
12. What is Anish's occupation?
(a) A painter.
(b) A writer.
(c) A cartoonist.
(d) A journalist.
13. How does Anish know his father did not finish the painting?
(a) It has no background.
(b) It lacks color.
(c) He can still see the pencil marks.
(d) He did not sign it.
14. What does Mrs. Swan think Pike is writing?
(a) A historical novel.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A biography.
(d) A film script.
15. What is Durance's rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
2. What does Nazrul tell Das has happened to the pate?
3. What language does Nazrul respond to Flora in?
4. What does Das say was his ex-wife's build?
5. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)