|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Das say he had yesterday, but does not have today?
(a) The right paints.
(b) The right rasa.
(c) The right karma.
(d) The right clothes.
2. Who does Flora say is the only person who has a key to the icebox?
3. How does Anish know his father did not finish the painting?
(a) He can still see the pencil marks.
(b) It has no background.
(c) He did not sign it.
(d) It lacks color.
4. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1930s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1940s.
5. Where do Durance and Flora make plans to go to the following Saturday?
(a) An American cinema.
(b) An Indian restaurant.
(c) A literature cafe.
(d) An English club.
6. What is the name of Flora's sister?
(a) Mrs. Pinkton.
(b) Mrs. Bird.
(c) Mrs. Swan.
(d) Mrs. Horace.
7. What color dress is Flora wearing?
8. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
9. What mythical figure does Flora wonder if her portrait will resemble?
10. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
11. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
(a) Arnold Bennett.
(b) H.G. Welles.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
12. What do Flora and Das stop work to do?
13. Who had previously referred to the painting Anish has brought with him?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
14. What kind of imagery does Flora's poem contain?
15. What two religions do Das and Flora talk about?
(a) Islam and Christianity.
(b) Buddhism and Hinduism.
(c) Buddhism and Islam.
(d) Christianity and Hinduism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora say her sister probably hears more than she does?
2. What does Nazrul tell Das has happened to the pate?
3. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
4. What is the name of the beautiful married woman Das refers to?
5. What does Mrs. Swan dislike about Pike's letters?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)