|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dilip want to take a photograph of Pike from?
(a) A tower.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A cliff.
(d) A roof.
2. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
3. What does Mrs. Swan dislike about Pike's letters?
(a) The footnotes.
(b) The highlights.
(c) The editing.
(d) The format.
4. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
(a) A bundle of flowers.
(b) His painting gear.
(c) His portfolio.
(d) A pile of books.
5. What city does Das say Flora painted him a picture of with words?
6. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
7. What method of communication does Flora use to narrate her journey?
8. What E.M. Forster novel does Flora reference?
(a) Passage to India.
(b) A Room With a View.
(d) Where Angels Fear to Tread.
9. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
(a) Indian history.
(b) World history.
(c) British history.
(d) Asian history.
10. What does Flora liken Das to?
(a) A pregnant cat.
(b) An eager dog.
(c) An injured elephant.
(d) A mother eagle.
11. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
(a) H.G. Welles.
(b) Arnold Bennett.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) George Orwell.
12. Why does Flora stop posing for Das in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She is frustrated with her work.
(b) Das is making advances.
(c) She needs to meet Durrance.
(d) She has cramp.
13. What was the name of the God Raha ran off with?
14. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
(a) Her cottage.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her painting.
(d) Her bicycle.
15. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
(a) Up the Alley.
(b) Up the Country.
(c) You Are Who You Are.
(d) Indian Utopia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
2. What famous writer does Flora say she does not want to be asked about?
3. What does Das cover his painting with?
4. What does Mrs. Swan say the oil painting she has upstairs looks like?
5. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)