|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flora stop posing for Das in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She is frustrated with her work.
(b) She needs to meet Durrance.
(c) She has cramp.
(d) Das is making advances.
2. What is the name of the book Pike is putting together about Flora?
(a) Collected Letters.
(b) An English Woman in India.
(c) An English Heroine.
(d) Collected Poems.
3. What does Flora liken Das to?
(a) A pregnant cat.
(b) An injured elephant.
(c) An eager dog.
(d) A mother eagle.
4. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
(a) His portfolio.
(b) A bundle of flowers.
(c) A pile of books.
(d) His painting gear.
5. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1930s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1940s.
6. Why does Das have to stop painting Flora?
(a) She changes position.
(b) He has painters cramp.
(c) She has to go to the toilet.
(d) He has to meet a friend.
7. What does Mrs. Swan dislike about Pike's letters?
(a) The footnotes.
(b) The format.
(c) The highlights.
(d) The editing.
8. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
(a) Pigs are sacred animals.
(b) They are vegetarian.
(c) It is a sin.
(d) It does not agree with them.
9. What does Flora tell Das she is having difficulty with?
10. Who is Anish sketching in this scene?
(c) Mr. Pike.
(d) Mrs. Swan.
11. What is the name of Flora's sister?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
(b) Mrs. Horace.
(c) Mrs. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Pinkton.
12. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
13. Who does Mrs. Swan say she is worried about?
(a) Her husband.
14. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
(a) Under the floorboards.
(b) In a cupboard.
(c) Under her bed.
(d) In the loft.
15. Who is waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
(a) A young Chinese man.
(b) A young Pakistani man.
(c) A young Indian man.
(d) An young Japanese man
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dilip want to take a photograph of Pike from?
2. What is Durance's rank?
3. Who does Flora tell to shut up?
4. What famous writer does Flora say she does not want to be asked about?
5. What does Flora ask Nazrul to bring her?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)