|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
(a) Up the Country.
(b) Indian Utopia.
(c) You Are Who You Are.
(d) Up the Alley.
2. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
(a) It does not agree with them.
(b) They are vegetarian.
(c) Pigs are sacred animals.
(d) It is a sin.
3. Who does Flora say is the only person who has a key to the icebox?
4. What does Mrs. Swan dislike about Pike's letters?
(a) The footnotes.
(b) The format.
(c) The editing.
(d) The highlights.
5. Where did Flora see sculptures of Gods?
6. Who does Mrs. Swan say she is worried about?
(a) Her husband.
7. What do Flora and Das stop work to do?
8. What decade is Mrs. Swan's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1980s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1990s.
(d) The 1970s.
9. Who is Anish sketching in this scene?
(a) Mr. Pike.
(d) Mrs. Swan.
10. What are Mrs. Swan and Anish talking about?
(a) Asian history.
(b) Indian history.
(c) World history.
(d) British history.
11. What is Pike's nationality?
12. Why does Flora stop posing for Das in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She needs to meet Durrance.
(b) Das is making advances.
(c) She has cramp.
(d) She is frustrated with her work.
13. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
(a) Coffee and biscuits.
(b) Tea and cake.
(c) Wine and chips.
(d) Pate and toast.
14. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her bicycle.
(c) Her cottage.
(d) Her painting.
15. Where does Mrs. Swan say her husband was posted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Pike is putting together about Flora?
2. Where does Mrs. Swan keep the rolled canvas?
3. Where do Durance and Flora make plans to go to the following Saturday?
4. What kind of painting does Anish have with him?
5. What does Das cover his painting with?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)