|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anish describe his painting?
(a) Fun and bright.
(c) Dully colored.
(d) Much the same.
2. What is Rasa?
(a) The positive enerrgy giving out by natural life.
(b) An Indian sacrificial cermony.
(c) The emotional or spiritual object of a thing.
(d) An Indian royal feast banned by the British.
3. What language does Nazrul respond to Flora in?
4. Who had previously referred to the painting Anish has brought with him?
(d) Mrs. Swan.
5. What does Mrs. Swan think Pike is writing?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A historical novel.
(c) A film script.
(d) A biography.
6. What does Flora tell Das she is having difficulty with?
7. What does Flora do as Das sets up his painting gear?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Writes a poem.
(c) Eats breakfast.
(d) Makes tea.
8. What is the name of the beautiful married woman Das refers to?
9. What kind of tea service does Mrs. Swan have in England?
(a) A Chinese tea service.
(b) An English tea service.
(c) An Indian tea service.
(d) A Nepalese tea service.
10. What does Flora say her sister probably hears more than she does?
(a) News about Britain.
(b) News about the literature scene.
(c) News about their parents.
(d) News about India.
11. Where do Durance and Flora make plans to go to the following Saturday?
(a) An Indian restaurant.
(b) An American cinema.
(c) An English club.
(d) A literature cafe.
12. What was the name of the God Raha ran off with?
13. What kind of painting does Anish have with him?
(a) An oil painting.
(b) A expressionist painting.
(c) A pop art painting.
(d) A water color.
14. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
15. What decade is Mrs. Swan's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1990s.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which society is Mr. Coomaraswami the President?
2. What is the name of the book Pike is putting together about Flora?
3. What does Das cover his painting with?
4. What two religions do Das and Flora talk about?
5. What kind of meat does the pate contain?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)