|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tea service does Mrs. Swan have in England?
(a) A Nepalese tea service.
(b) A Chinese tea service.
(c) An Indian tea service.
(d) An English tea service.
2. For which society is Mr. Coomaraswami the President?
(a) The Theosophical Society.
(b) The Philosphical Society.
(c) The Psychological Society.
(d) The Radical Society.
3. What decade is Flora's part of the play set in?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1930s.
4. What is the name of the beautiful married woman Das refers to?
5. What does Mrs Swan serve Anish on her tray?
6. What method of communication does Flora use to narrate her journey?
7. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
(a) The Guardian newspaper.
(b) The Times Newspaper.
(c) Flora's poetry books.
(d) Pike's book.
8. Who is Flora writing to in Act 1, Part 5?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Captain Durrance.
(c) H. G. Wells.
(d) Mrs. Swan.
9. Where does Pike say Flora wants to head after Das finishes her portrait?
(a) The West Country.
(c) The North Country.
10. Where do Durance and Flora make plans to go to the following Saturday?
(a) An Indian restaurant.
(b) A literature cafe.
(c) An English club.
(d) An American cinema.
11. What does Das say he had yesterday, but does not have today?
(a) The right rasa.
(b) The right karma.
(c) The right clothes.
(d) The right paints.
12. What does Das cover his painting with?
(a) A drape.
(b) A curain.
(c) A sheet.
(d) A shawl.
13. What do Flora and Das stop work to do?
14. What does Mr. Coomaraswami promise to take Flora on the following day?
(a) A swim.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A bicycle ride.
(d) A hike.
15. What does Pike say is the most exciting part of his work?
(a) Creating footnotes.
(c) Reading the letters.
(d) Meeting new people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
2. What did Flora once pour over a critic's head?
3. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
4. Who does Flora say is the only person who has a key to the icebox?
5. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)