Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her painting.
(c) Her cottage.
(d) Her bicycle.
2. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
(a) Reading her writings.
(b) Getting her panties off.
(c) Having in depth conversations.
(d) Borrowing money from her.
3. What color dress is Flora wearing?
4. Why don't Hindus eat pork?
(a) Pigs are sacred animals.
(b) They are vegetarian.
(c) It is a sin.
(d) It does not agree with them.
5. What does Anish ask to see?
(a) Flora's poetry.
(b) Flora's photographs.
(c) Flora's portrait.
(d) Flora's book collection.
6. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
(d) Coca Cola.
7. Where do Durance and Flora make plans to go to the following Saturday?
(a) A literature cafe.
(b) An English club.
(c) An Indian restaurant.
(d) An American cinema.
8. Who painted Flora's portrait?
(a) Van Gogh.
(b) Mrs. Swan.
(c) Mr. Swan.
9. What country does Pike go to in Act 1, Part 5?
10. How does Anish describe his painting?
(b) Much the same.
(c) Fun and bright.
(d) Dully colored.
11. What kind of painting does Anish have with him?
(a) An oil painting.
(b) A pop art painting.
(c) A expressionist painting.
(d) A water color.
12. Who was Jummapur run by in the 1930s?
(a) The Pakistanis.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Indians.
13. What does Mr. Swan refer to the First War of Independence as?
(a) The Mutiny.
(b) Judgement Day.
(c) The Disgrace.
(d) The Day of Reckoning.
14. What does Mr. Coomaraswami promise to take Flora on the following day?
(a) A hike.
(b) A swim.
(c) A bicycle ride.
(d) A picnic.
15. What is Rasa?
(a) The positive enerrgy giving out by natural life.
(b) The emotional or spiritual object of a thing.
(c) An Indian royal feast banned by the British.
(d) An Indian sacrificial cermony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flora tell to shut up?
2. Who is Flora writing to in Act 1, Part 5?
3. What language does Nazrul respond to Flora in?
4. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
5. What country is Flora traveling around in the opening scene?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)