|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What E.M. Forster novel does Flora reference?
(b) Where Angels Fear to Tread.
(c) A Room With a View.
(d) Passage to India.
2. What does Mrs. Swan say was the only thing people cared about Flora when she was alive?
(a) Getting her panties off.
(b) Having in depth conversations.
(c) Reading her writings.
(d) Borrowing money from her.
3. What two religions do Das and Flora talk about?
(a) Christianity and Hinduism.
(b) Buddhism and Islam.
(c) Buddhism and Hinduism.
(d) Islam and Christianity.
4. What does Flora call the question she is about to ask Das?
5. Who had previously referred to the painting Anish has brought with him?
(d) Mrs. Swan.
6. What does Mrs. Swan say the oil painting she has upstairs looks like?
(a) A Chinese landscape.
(b) An Indian movie poster.
(c) A Japanese Vignette.
(d) A British seaside postcard.
7. What is the name of Flora's sister?
(a) Mrs. Swan.
(b) Mrs. Horace.
(c) Mrs. Pinkton.
(d) Mrs. Bird.
8. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
(a) The Times Newspaper.
(b) Pike's book.
(c) Flora's poetry books.
(d) The Guardian newspaper.
9. Who does Flora say she is going to a party with that evening?
10. What does Flora do as Das sets up his painting gear?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Eats breakfast.
(c) Makes tea.
(d) Writes a poem.
11. What kind of game do Flora and Das play at the table?
(a) A music game.
(b) A guessing game.
(c) A card game.
(d) A word game.
12. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
(a) Indian Utopia.
(b) Up the Country.
(c) You Are Who You Are.
(d) Up the Alley.
13. What does Das cover his painting with?
(a) A curain.
(b) A drape.
(c) A sheet.
(d) A shawl.
14. What does Flora tell Das her new painting is about?
15. Who recommended India to Flora?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) H.G Wells.
(c) Toby Goodwill.
(d) Joshua Chamberlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
2. Where does Dilip want to take a photograph of Pike from?
3. What does Nazrul enter the room with?
4. What do Flora and Das drink at the table?
5. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)