|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Swan say the oil painting she has upstairs looks like?
(a) A Chinese landscape.
(b) A British seaside postcard.
(c) An Indian movie poster.
(d) A Japanese Vignette.
2. What is the name of the book Das gives to Flora?
(a) You Are Who You Are.
(b) Indian Utopia.
(c) Up the Country.
(d) Up the Alley.
3. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
(a) A pile of books.
(b) His portfolio.
(c) His painting gear.
(d) A bundle of flowers.
4. What famous writer does Flora say she does not want to be asked about?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Muriel Sparks.
(c) George Elliott.
(d) Virgina Woolf.
5. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
(a) George Orwell.
(b) Arnold Bennett.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) H.G. Welles.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which society is Mr. Coomaraswami the President?
2. Where does Anish say he saw his father's work published?
3. What does Flora do as Das sets up his painting gear?
4. Where did Das draw his pencil sketch of Flora?
5. What does Pike say is the most exciting part of his work?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)