|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anish describe his painting?
(b) Dully colored.
(c) Fun and bright.
(d) Much the same.
2. What did Anish's father demonstrate against?
(a) British rule.
(b) The war against Pakistan.
(c) The independence of India.
(d) British occupation.
3. Who is waiting in Mrs. Swan's garden?
(a) An young Japanese man
(b) A young Pakistani man.
(c) A young Indian man.
(d) A young Chinese man.
4. What is Rasa?
(a) The positive enerrgy giving out by natural life.
(b) The emotional or spiritual object of a thing.
(c) An Indian royal feast banned by the British.
(d) An Indian sacrificial cermony.
5. What does Nazrul tell Das has happened to the pate?
(a) It has been stolen.
(b) It has gone off.
(c) Someone has bought it.
(d) It has been eaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Das carrying with him when he arrives at Flora's house?
2. What famous writer did Flora have an affair with before she traveled to India?
3. Who does Mrs. Swan say she is worried about?
4. What is Flora describing in the letter Pike and Mrs. Swan are reading?
5. What does Mr. Swan refer to the First War of Independence as?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)